Author Topic: So.....GASLANDS!  (Read 1132 times)

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Re: So.....GASLANDS!
« Reply #30 on: 19 May 2024, 08:40:59 »
There is always a massive pileup at the starting line, ALWAYS. This is a feature, not a bug, as it helps get players into the correct mindset for the game.

OH

MY

GHAWD!

Had my first 3 player game last night, and we hadn't even made it to the first gate yet when we each had lost a vehicle to wrecks. I was using team Highway Patrol, and with the Audience votes, I was 8 votes by the time smoke cleared because as luck would have it...it was my Chosen BOGEY that got wrecked twice.

Awesome fun
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #31 on: 19 May 2024, 15:19:00 »
The only 'Official' thing in Gaslands is the rulebook. 

So it just occurred to me.............   MWDA Vehicle Minis are just about the same size as Hotwheels/Matchbox?

Rubs hands together,  mwahahahaha  :evil:
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #32 on: 19 May 2024, 16:33:42 »
Flatbeds vs Schreks and Saracens.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #33 on: 19 May 2024, 21:22:17 »
I was actually thinking some of the wheeled vehicles are very dunebuggy or armored car-ish

Ranger, Demon, Partisan

Not to mention some of the APCs or Support/Repair type units.

Last but not least, the kitbashing for the Guns that could happen :)

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #34 on: 19 May 2024, 21:38:04 »
Last but not least, the kitbashing for the Guns that could happen :)

I mean, take a close look at the white pickup I posted.  :cool:

(The Mini is another good place to look, but the gun's on the other side so harder to see details.)
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #35 on: 20 May 2024, 02:13:49 »
I wonder how hard it would be to recreate the opening police chase in Mad Max with Gaslands.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #36 on: 20 May 2024, 03:39:53 »
Is it possible for different factions to start from other sides of the map?

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #37 on: 20 May 2024, 08:03:45 »
Is it possible for different factions to start from other sides of the map?

Yes, in Scenarios like ARENA OF DEATH they start in locations other than a starting line.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #38 on: 20 May 2024, 14:43:47 »
I mean, take a close look at the white pickup I posted.  :cool:

(The Mini is another good place to look, but the gun's on the other side so harder to see details.)

Hah, yes, I see those launchers now.

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: 24 May 2024, 23:36:58 »
There is a big Facebook group that does all kinds of stuff and other ideas. I have seen some fan built stuff for rules for trains and when the car gets wreaked and need to fight on foot.
There is a couple of extra books on drivethurrpg.com that have rules for and extra campaign setting along with rules for raving hover units on mars which is pretty funny.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 29 May 2024, 16:31:50 »
So, playing around with the COPILOT AI I was trying to build a cool idea for a BEVERLY sponsored team for Gaslands.

Beverly is a haunted team of one corporal vehicle with at least one other GHOST vehicle that travels with it. I was playing with the idea of a haunted ambulance with a team of Ghostly Motorcycles. So I tried my hand to make a cool AI generated image of my idea. It made not only a cool image but also a cool backstory that sort of fit with what I was imagining.

“Midnight Tempest”

The moon hung low in the sky, casting an eerie glow over the desolate highway. The asphalt was cracked and overgrown with weeds, and the skeletal remains of abandoned cars lay scattered like forgotten relics. The air smelled of decay and rust.

A lone ambulance sped down the road, its siren wailing mournfully. Its green emergency lights flickered, illuminating the twisted metal and shattered glass. The ambulance seemed out of place in this ruined future—a relic from a time when help arrived swiftly.

But this was no ordinary ambulance. Its windows were darkened, hiding whatever lay inside. The driver’s seat was empty, and instead, a ghostly figure clad in tattered paramedic seemed to float within the cab of the vehicle.

Behind the ambulance, a procession of ghostly motorcycles followed. Their skeletal riders wore leather jackets adorned with faded patches. Their eyes glowed with an otherworldly light, and their bony fingers gripped the handlebars tightly. They rode in perfect formation, their wheels leaving no tracks on the cracked pavement.

Above them, the storm raged. Lightning split the sky, illuminating the twisted landscape. Thunder echoed through the air, drowning out the mournful wail of the ambulance. Rain poured down in torrents, washing away the remnants of civilization.

As they rode, the wind carried whispers—the stories of those who had met their end on this forsaken highway. Some said the ambulance was a harbinger of death, collecting lost souls. Others believed the skeletal riders were guardians, guiding the departed to the afterlife.

And so, under the moon’s watchful gaze and the tempest’s fury, the midnight ride continued—a spectral procession weaving through the wreckage of a world long gone.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #41 on: 29 May 2024, 19:02:53 »
Nicely done! :)

Register