Author Topic: How many Clan Invasion box covers are there?  (Read 112 times)

Frabby

• Major
How many Clan Invasion box covers are there?
« on: Today at 10:28:34 »
Well, see title.
The Clan Invasion boxed set got a retail cover, and there was also a KS exclusive cover which was shipped to KS backers. Most KS backers anyways. I was among those who still got the retail cover due to an unfortunate logistics hiccup.

But there's actually three different covers around. You can see all of them in the Sarna article for the game box.

Exhibit A: The regular (retail) box. Mad Cat firing its missiles and left arm lasers to the right side of the box. This is the one I got delivered when the Kickstarter concluded. It is the same box cover that was advertised over the course of the KS campaign, and in the Sarna article, the "Russian Edition" game box has this cover down in the gallery.

Exhibit B: The Kickstarter Exclusive box. Green Gargoyle stepping on a Lyran Warhammer. I've never seen a physical copy, but Sarna has it as the first item in the gallery and calls it out as the Kickstarter cover.

Exhibit C: The box shown in the infobox at the top of the Sarna article and in countless Ebay auctions. Mad Cat firing lasers to the left side of the box. I haven't seen a physical copy of such a box either. Where does this picture come from, does anyone actually possess such a box?
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Re: How many Clan Invasion box covers are there?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 11:38:11 »
Well, see title.
The Clan Invasion boxed set got a retail cover, and there was also a KS exclusive cover which was shipped to KS backers. Most KS backers anyways. I was among those who still got the retail cover due to an unfortunate logistics hiccup.

But there's actually three different covers around. You can see all of them in the Sarna article for the game box.

Exhibit A: The regular (retail) box. Mad Cat firing its missiles and left arm lasers to the right side of the box. This is the one I got delivered when the Kickstarter concluded. It is the same box cover that was advertised over the course of the KS campaign, and in the Sarna article, the "Russian Edition" game box has this cover down in the gallery.

Exhibit B: The Kickstarter Exclusive box. Green Gargoyle stepping on a Lyran Warhammer. I've never seen a physical copy, but Sarna has it as the first item in the gallery and calls it out as the Kickstarter cover.

Exhibit C: The box shown in the infobox at the top of the Sarna article and in countless Ebay auctions. Mad Cat firing lasers to the left side of the box. I haven't seen a physical copy of such a box either. Where does this picture come from, does anyone actually possess such a box?

A and B are confirmed, I own both. I believe C was an early mockup. If you go to the Clan Invasion Kickstarter page, you can see it used in several places, especially for the pledge rewards. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cgl/battletech-clan-invasion
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #2 on: Today at 13:14:55 »
I had a suspicion it might be a mockup or placeholder, but am looking for proof.
Curious that nobody questioned it in the Sarna article for so long.
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #3 on: Today at 13:16:32 »
It was a pre-final art mockup.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #4 on: Today at 13:34:00 »
It was a pre-final art mockup.
And there is my proof. Many thanks ColBosch and Ray!