Author Topic: What your Clan thinks of the other fellows?  (Read 527 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
What your Clan thinks of the other fellows?
« on: 06 September 2024, 17:58:59 »
One of the things I liked most about FM Crusader & Warden Clans was that each Clan had a section on what they thought of other Clans in general.  While not all of a Clan’s warriors or civilians might feel that way- and we got some notes about specific warriors who might have been haters- it gave you a feel for the attitude from being friends or enemies to ‘who?’ in the opinions.

IF you were a warrior in your preferred Clan in 3145, how would you respond about the other Clan affiliated factions below?  When you get to your Clan do not answer (unless you want to blast other Aimags as a Fox) and if you think you as a warrior would not know who the faction is be sure to note that if you want.  Please keep the answers pithy, IC, and limited to 1 or 2 sentences.  Also comment on if your opinion is out of step with your Clan if you want.

Wolf Empire

Jade Falcons

Ghost Bear Dominion

Raven Alliance

Clan Nova Cat

Sea Fox- by Aimag if desired

Scorpion Empire

Hell’s Horses

Others-

Warden Wolves

Wolf Dragoons

Snord’s Irregulars

Spirit Cats

Steel Wolves

Jade Falcon mercenaries- forget the name
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
Re: What your Clan thinks of the other fellows?
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2024, 19:04:01 »

IF you were a warrior in your preferred Clan in 3145, how would you respond about the other Clan affiliated factions below?  When you get to your Clan do not answer (unless you want to blast other Aimags as a Fox) and if you think you as a warrior would not know who the faction is be sure to note that if you want.  Please keep the answers pithy, IC, and limited to 1 or 2 sentences. 
I love this! I'll try and work on this over the weekend from a Nova Cat perspective. Given that the Nova Cats are "off the map" in 3145, I hope it's safe to write how the Cats would have seen things when we disappeared?
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2024, 19:45:56 »
Sure since we know based on Kishio's survival that they exist SOMEWHERE in space.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #3 on: 06 September 2024, 21:55:26 »
Mine didn't survive the Reaving.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #4 on: 07 September 2024, 05:16:00 »
From the PoV of a Home Clanner it is simply:

All mentioned are dezgra and must be reaved!

:wink:
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 07 September 2024, 13:01:46 »

Well as a Goliath Scorpion it would be something like this:

Wolf Empire: Nice try but we did it better. All Crusaders suck but if one has to take Terra better them than Falcons, especially Mongol ones. Also, thanks for Great Father's Orion cockpit!

Jade Falcons: We traditionally have beef with them (minor one compared to one with former Hellions or theirs with Wolves but still) so it's funny to see them crash so hard

Ghost Bear Dominion: They are okay, we copied their homework when we founded the Imperio plus we bought many Kodiaks from them

Raven Alliance: We parted on bad terms but water under the bridge, nice job making a new nation and helping misguided Periphery folk redeem themselves, always good to see fellow Wardens doing good

Clan Nova Cat: Dezgra turncoats helped bring intruders into our old home. Still it sucks massively what was done to them by dezgra snakes, nobody deserved that, there should be vengeance for that

Sea Fox: Literally only real friends and throtkin we have these days, they are nice, they have cool toys and are always ready to do good business. They don't always share all the fresh news from the Inner Sphere which is lame but whatever. Delta Aimag grew too big for their britches once but Hellion Galaxy sorted it out swiftly and with style

Scorpion Empire: OH YEAH!!!!

Hell’s Horses: Not much to say other than they should finally decide what they want to do with themselves and get cracking (unless they decide to go full Crusader again), you can't procrastinate all your lives. Great vehicles though, we love Epona very much and build it by the boatload, hopefully we get our hands on some other stuff too before long

Warden Wolves: Old allies could have at least given us a heads up about telling the mercenaries WE trained to switch sides during invasion, we would have appreciated some prep time, we are still sore about that

Wolf Dragoons: Our old trainees, they made it big, should they contact us again they better lean more into Clan side of their heritage than mercenary one for the sake of facilitating peaceful communication, we haven't talked in ages and nobody wants misunderstandings

Snord’s Irregulars: [REDACTED UNDER AUTHORITY OF LOREMASTER]

Spirit Cats: Not much to say, we were too busy with our own stuff back when they were coming up to form an opinion, plus anything south of Terra is way too far for us

Steel Wolves: Dezgra mercenaries same as all other (minus possibly those we trained)

Jade Falcon mercenaries (Lone Wolves): What's with the Inner Sphere and Wolves? Anyway, dezgra mercenaries that got lucky, shacking up with Jade Falcons and everything. It's a cool story, might send Seekers to investigate and write it down

« Last Edit: 07 September 2024, 13:10:19 by Fire Scorpion IIC »

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #6 on: 07 September 2024, 16:05:35 »

Pride goeth before the fall... some obnoxious and cocky Wolf insults:

Jade Falcon — Shoot me a hyperpulse when Khan Blitzqueen is done terrorizing the civilians.

Ghost Bear — Yes, sibbies, if you hibernate all the time, you can win every trial in your dreams, too!

Snow Raven — Let me know how that strategy of chasing down Periphery bandit caste with Star League warships works out.

Nova Cat — Did you not receive the communique?  The Bears rolled over while sleeping and turned them into the Nixed Cats.

Sea Fox — I do not care what you call yourselves this week.  Just keep the supplies coming, aff Khan Quartermaster?

Scorpion Empire — It is amazing how a touman of crack shots can also be too inebriated to find their way to Terra.  Or are the surviving Hellions still running in circles?

Hell’s Horses — So very busy fitting quad mechs with roller skates and misinterpreting Ghengis Khan.

Warden Wolves — Khan Blitzqueen and Clan Kooky Kite are taking care of that for us.

Wolf’s Dragoons — Well of course the worst of our warrior caste would be the best that the Spheroid militaries can offer.

Snord’s Irregulars — It is not saying much but... better Goliath Scorpions than the Goliath Scorpions.

Spirit Cats — Yes, all of us only know the Nixed Cats in spirit now.

Steel Wolves — Every time a Kerensky farts, a military legend is made.

Jade Falcon mercenaries forgot the name — Yes, so did we.
« Last Edit: 07 September 2024, 16:32:56 by Natasha Kerensky »
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #7 on: 07 September 2024, 17:55:57 »
Jade Falcon mercenaries (Lone Wolves): What's with the Inner Sphere and Wolves? Anyway, dezgra mercenaries that got lucky, shacking up with Jade Falcons and everything. It's a cool story, might send Seekers to investigate and write it down

Nah, I meant the guys who fled Sudeten after Malvina became Khan and tried to survive outside the Clans.  They merged with two other merc commands in a Shrapnel story.
Colt Ward

Starfury

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 03 October 2024, 23:36:14 »
That they're either good clients for sales (Sea Fox) or a far away potential threat (Scorpion Empire).