Register Register

Author Topic: Any good contact websites?  (Read 1775 times)

Jackpot4

Any good contact websites?
« on: 19 November 2012, 01:46:13 »
We already have a thread asking for individual players, but I am interested in finding websites based on finding people of similar interests, to play Mechwarrior of course!  Does anyone know of good websites that other players may use to find mechwarrior players?  I already know of meetup.com but im not having much luck....  (Im going to be in norfolk virginia in january if anyone is in that area and wants to play mechwarrior)

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Any good contact websites?
« Reply #1 on: 19 November 2012, 03:18:42 »
We already have a thread asking for individual players, but I am interested in finding websites based on finding people of similar interests, to play Mechwarrior of course!  Does anyone know of good websites that other players may use to find mechwarrior players?  I already know of meetup.com but im not having much luck....  (Im going to be in norfolk virginia in january if anyone is in that area and wants to play mechwarrior)
There was a similar idea:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,532.0.html

People were interested, but no one was too much eager to input "his" personal data such as e-mail address or town ...

Jackpot4

« Reply #2 on: 19 November 2012, 05:08:00 »
Unfortunately thats not quite what i meant, im curious if there are other boards where people have posted asking for players, groups and such like meetup.com.

AsburyGrad

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 03 January 2013, 15:59:25 »
I began a Facebook page for players in Alabama:  https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/367362789974344/

After a few months, it grew to include players all over the country, even a few international players.  And we are always glad to have more on board, following our efforts!
ilClan Wolf - it's about damn time . . .

"Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics." - Worktroll

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2013, 20:52:24 »
Speaking of facebook groups, I made one for any Mechwarrior players in Northeast Ohio, although  if you're in Ohio in general, feel free to join.  We're looking to get some games going again this summer.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/81449274975/

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Register