Register Register

Author Topic: Bomb attacks  (Read 238 times)

dgorsman

• Lieutenant
Bomb attacks
« on: 22 November 2020, 01:15:23 »
You should be able to make a bomb attack in any hex along the fighters flight path, right?  For some reason, its not giving me that option.  Not sure if its a bad interaction with the double-blind/sensor rules or what, but it's not letting me target anything but the hex at the end of the path.

47.14 save game is attached.  Could someone confirm if they can do anything other than strike (i.e. bomb and strafe attacks)?

And FYI, the forum is rejecting the extension for the save game.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Hammer

• Captain
    • MegaMek Website
Re: Bomb attacks
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2020, 01:28:24 »
When you go to drop the bombs the information box on the selector gives the reason - outside of visual and sensor range. Pitch Black sucks.

Being the official forums CGL decides what extensions can be used for attachments. When posting save games please give us the team name saves us time trying to figure it out.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

dgorsman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2020, 13:31:29 »
The message is a bit confusing for the situation.  It can attack targets on the flight path with mounted weapons, and detect them based on distance to the flight path and sensor range, and ground-to-air fire is still based on shortest distance to the flight path.  But bombing is limited to where the fighter ends up?

When posting save games please give us the team name saves us time trying to figure it out.

Gotcha.

Being the official forums CGL decides what extensions can be used for attachments.

More a general notice for others trying to attach something to save them a couple of wasted steps.  Already put a request in the support sub-board.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Southernskies

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 23 November 2020, 03:02:28 »
check your altitude as well. 

dgorsman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 23 November 2020, 16:19:54 »
check your altitude as well.

Altitude is fine - it lets me bomb the hex the fighter ends in, but not any of the hexes in the flight path.  Including the hex adjacent to the end, which is within viewing distance for the visibility conditions.
- The Society