Register Register

Author Topic: Crew a Conventional Fighter Support Vehicle  (Read 377 times)

johnboyjjb

• Sergeant
Crew a Conventional Fighter Support Vehicle
« on: 29 July 2022, 21:09:19 »
MekHQ shows my modified Vendetta Medium Fighter takes 6 crew. I was able to assign a pilot and a tech. And then I tried to hire minimum complement but it only added two crew members. I unassigned one and the immediately tried to reassign him back on but it wasn't an option. Same thing happens with a stock Vendetta or Hurricane.

Strikes me as odd. Anybody else want to see if they have this?

dgorsman

• Captain
Re: Crew a Conventional Fighter Support Vehicle
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2022, 12:31:16 »
What version?

Around 49.x or so, there's some weirdness with assigning existing personnel to multi-crew vehicles e.g. you need to assign gunners first, then pilots, then vehicle crewmembers.  In some cases, like two-crew VTOLs, if you assigned a pilot first it would double-count them - you could go to the TO&E tab, select the VTOL unit, and see the same pilot counted twice; under the Hanger tab it would indicate fully crewed with 2/2 members despite only having a pilot assigned.  Currently, in a 49.7 campaign I have a Jifty vehicle which is stuck at 2/3 crew (driver, gunner) and won't take anyone else.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

johnboyjjb

• Sergeant
Re: Crew a Conventional Fighter Support Vehicle
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2022, 13:05:39 »
49.8? I thought that was fixed. Ok. It isn't that critical to my campaign. The conventional fighters are really just chaff to keep my aero guys safe.

Further testing. I can hire two Vessel Crewmembers and assign them to my Conventional fighter. Or I can hire minimum complement and get two vehicle crew members. If the vehicle crewmembers are assigned, I can no longer assign the vessel crewmembers. If the vehicle crew members are removed, they cannot be reassigned. Aerospace pilot can be assigned and removed at will. Vessel Pilot and vessel gunner do not work. Vehicle gunner and vehicle driver do not work.