Register Register

Author Topic: Map: Sandbar Fort (48x51 and 64x68)  (Read 684 times)

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Map: Sandbar Fort (48x51 and 64x68)
« on: 26 June 2022, 22:28:21 »
Another map in two sizes - this time a (wet) naval resupply base at the end of a sand spit, with a runway at the inland end of the spit for DropShip resupply. While the resupply base may not be intrinsically a strategic target, it may hold supplies that a force needs - or they may need to secure the runway for DropShip reinforcements, but that will obviously require pacifying the naval base for safe landing operations.

48x51 Sandbar Fort
(click to enlarge)

64x68 Sandbar Fort
(click to enlarge)

Also, if you're not on the MegaMek Discord server, you're missing out on a load of really good maps by other people who don't post them here.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2022, 06:37:56 by Simon Landmine »
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
Re: Map: Sandbar Fort (48x51 and 64x68)
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2022, 23:49:36 »
where is the smaller version linkie (i assume a mistake?)  >:D
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2022, 06:38:39 »
where is the smaller version linkie (i assume a mistake?)  >:D

Yeah, very much a mistake! That'll teach me to upload stuff well past midnight! Now fixed. Thanks for spotting it.

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2022, 10:54:19 »
That's fine. Your punishment (should you foolishly agree): Modify the following megamech maps:

• Dark ISI's 16x17 Munitionsfabrik 1
  • Dark ISI's 16x17 Munitionsfabrik 2

Reference Total Chaos Pg 37 "Strike, Options: They're Shooting back"

I roll random SIM's on most 15ths of the month for my campaign and my headcannon is that most generic ammo or manufactories are set up with the combo of maps 'Military Base 2 (0) Military Base 1 (1) Munitionsfabrik 1 (2) Munitionsfabrik 2 (3) Munitionsfabrik 3 (4) Munitionsfabrik 4 (5) in a 3x2 format. Please, modify 16x17 Munitionsfabrik 1 & 16x17 Munitionsfabrik 2 with two of the buildings as Fortress's (per the Strike Optional refenced above) so that The Bot places the PPC Turrets and either Single ML turrets (or Dual ML turrets) in more logically defensive locations?

Thank You. SIR.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2022, 10:56:28 by ThePW »
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

mikecj

• Captain
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #4 on: 27 June 2022, 10:54:27 »
Thank you!!!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #5 on: 27 June 2022, 11:33:10 »
so that The Bot places the PPC Turrets and either Single ML turrets (or Dual ML turrets) in more logically defensive locations?

Unfortunately, Princess' turret deployment policies are hard to decipher at times, although there has been some discussion of amending the prioritisation. I'll have a squint at those maps, though - although I don't tend to amend someone else's maps unless there's a validation error, but they might inspire something.

I do have a couple of prior maps that might be of use to you to represent objectives, though ...
Woodland Base
Winter Factory

... and Ulysses on the MegaMek Discord server has been producing a bunch of good 'objective' type maps as well, which are getting added to MM distros as time goes on.