Register Register

Author Topic: New Development Snapshot 0.49.0 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 2016 times)

Tecmes

• Corporal
You mention deactivating StratCon before launching the mission. Have you tried launching a mission in a campaign that never had StratCon (or AtB in general) active in first place? (I haven´t; I´m just curious if that´s still worth a try.)
I just did. Same issue! Also the same issue with the newest JDK.

Nobody has answered saying that they DON'T have the issue. Anybody is able to play?

rjhancock

• Sergeant
Well, unless anybody can confirm that Java version 11 (rather than whichever I got) does work with the older releases; then I can just go back to Java 11 to work around the problem.

OpenJDK 11 from https://adoptopenjdk.net would be the best one to get. Works with 0.48.0. The version it sent you to was from the Java system and not MegaMek (I believe). Newer versions could cause issues.

Hammer

• Captain
    • MegaMek Website
I just did. Same issue! Also the same issue with the newest JDK.

Nobody has answered saying that they DON'T have the issue. Anybody is able to play?
As mentioned in the release notes this is a very buggy release. Everyone will experience the same basic bugs. We have fixes in the works that will first be in the nightly builds. Then in a few weeks in 49.1
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

Windchild

• Sergeant
I got the newest version of Java I could find... 16 I think? Anyway, I haven´t had any issues with 0.49.0 except the language bug, so no Java-related complaints on that front.

Though, when I tried to run 0.49.0 before I got the newer Java, I got the pop-up that I needed version 11, and it very conveniently took me directly to the website to download it... except only to a place to download the latest of version 8. I had to go to third-party sites to find a newer Java version for some reason. Not that I assume any of that is your fault, or that I think you have any solution for the incompatibility of older releases with newer Java version.

Well, unless anybody can confirm that Java version 11 (rather than whichever I got) does work with the older releases; then I can just go back to Java 11 to work around the problem.

Java 11 has always worked for me, 0.46.0 and later.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
All right, got it work now. Thanks.

Also (copying from my post to the 0.48.0 thread) I think I found a work-around that will at least allow other canon rank systems to be selected: Right-click someone in the Personnel tab, select Change Rank System, and pick the system you want. (Use Ctrl-A to select everyone at once, ideally.)

So far at least, it appears that this "individual" rank system selection is correctly applied upon saving and re-loading.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Windchild

• Sergeant
All right, got it work now. Thanks.

Also (copying from my post to the 0.48.0 thread) I think I found a work-around that will at least allow other canon rank systems to be selected: Right-click someone in the Personnel tab, select Change Rank System, and pick the system you want. (Use Ctrl-A to select everyone at once, ideally.)

So far at least, it appears that this "individual" rank system selection is correctly applied upon saving and re-loading.

That shouldn't be required in 0.49.0, as I rewrote rank systems for this release. Just create the user data folder as per the warning and all should work properly. If not, please let me know by opening up a github issue.

All that I've done since 0.49.0 is expanded the warnings and fix the build scripts. I am currently targeting somewhere in the range of 0.49.2 to 0.49.4 for adding full data validation to Campaign Options Dialog. However, I cannot do so until three of my current and two of my future pull requests are merged, as they will be incredibly difficult to fix the conflicts between them.

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Semi-Sentient MUL Roomba
    • Master Unit List
printing finally works properly for me. either it was cleaned up in .49 or (far more likely) actually updating to java 11 did it. here i thought java would have done that itself but i've been unknowingly running 8 all this time.

the worst bug in programming is introducing a user

Tecmes

• Corporal
I'm happy to say that the snapshot 49.1 from may 6 has cured the mission end bug (and the left-click issue)!
New scenario are really neat.

Unfortunately I still get some hangs on complex fights, but I don't think this can be fixed easily...

johnboyjjb

• Corporal
Anybody seen runaway CPU use? I've had two games with bots that pegged the (not insignificant) CPU for several minutes before shutting down Java. Not sure if it is a new Java issue, a 0.49.0 issue, or I'm just special.

Since I have no way of replicating it, I won't be submitting a bug report.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Anybody seen runaway CPU use? I've had two games with bots that pegged the (not insignificant) CPU for several minutes before shutting down Java. Not sure if it is a new Java issue, a 0.49.0 issue, or I'm just special.

Since I have no way of replicating it, I won't be submitting a bug report.

Out of curiosity, can Java still be invoked in safe mode? Doing a quick reboot and redacting as many processes as possible to try and replicate the behavior. Also out of curiosity, were all CPU threads loaded or just one?
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Tecmes

• Corporal
How can I contribute to augmenting the StratCon FAQ (without stepping on someone else's toes)?

Hammer

• Captain
    • MegaMek Website
How can I contribute to augmenting the StratCon FAQ (without stepping on someone else's toes)?
I would recommend opening an issue on the MekHQ Github tracker. Keep the document there and update it. We can link to it will a note that it's a work in progress. When complete we'll add it to the notes folder.

I would also suggest including screen shots and format wise have it look like the the AtB guide.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

Register