Register Register

Author Topic: Princess refuses to deploy on its side of the board (0.48) (Fixed)  (Read 528 times)

Richard S.

• Sergeant
  • Coming through
Just started playing with Megamek so maybe this is intended, but whenever I play with Princess it will just deploy its units anywhere it ****** pleases, which is universally the hex directly to the rear of the unit I just placed. Is there some setting I missed, or is it just an odd bug?
« Last Edit: 09 July 2022, 08:53:57 by Richard S. »

Richard S.

• Sergeant
  • Coming through
Re: Princess refuses to deploy on its side of the board (0.48)
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2022, 08:53:02 »
Nevermind, I'm just dumb and didn't see the option to set each side's start. All good now, sorry.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to go...
Not dumb (just inexperienced), mate...

MY complaint is when i create a Princess bot, give it an Excape theme (but adjust the settings after the fact) and change it's name, it randomly changes BACK in princess and futhermore, it becomes impossible to delete the bot. 0.48.0 is the version. I'm curious what is happening (settings includes doubleblind, engine explosions, etc. basically most of the commonly selected optional rules) to cause this?

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
I think that was a recognised bug in 0.48.0, if you attempted to edit a bot after creating it. You needed to do all of your Princess configuring before you hit 'Okay' at the bottom.
(I think it had something to do with how the program identifies bots, internally.)
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."