Register Register

Author Topic: Trying to load a custom map in 0.49.8  (Read 376 times)

Idiot60

• Recruit
Trying to load a custom map in 0.49.8
« on: 15 July 2022, 09:00:52 »
Gave the new MegaMek a whirl last night.

Did a quick map to see if there is any changes in Map Editor.

Selected my forces, love the UI, but when I went to the Map Tab that is when things went south.

It appears that there is no way to load a custom map from the boards folder in this tab. Left and right clicked everything. Looked through documentation, all to no avail.

Is it possible that feature is not yet implemented in the beta and I missed that announcement?

monbvol

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: Trying to load a custom map in 0.49.8
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2022, 10:10:53 »
What size of map did you have selected for filtering on MegaMek's side and how big is the custom map you are looking to load?

For instance a 48x64 map won't show up as a selection if MegaMek is only looking at 16x17 maps.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2022, 11:50:02 »
As monbvol mentions you need to set the map size (Red circle)

Then drag the map (blue arrow to the window).
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

Idiot60

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2022, 19:59:15 »
Boy Howdy, I am after all a Idiot. My map was right in front me in the selection all the time! Being up for 72 hours didn't help anything either.

First off I forgot that I had abbreviated Grassland to Grslnd. Then the way the interface abbreviated it from "48x51 Twn 1-Grslnd" to "Twn 1-Grslnd" threw for me for a loop.

It recognized my own folder and loaded the map just fine!

Thanks for waking this idiot up!

Oh and for those thinking of switching to 0.49.8 using Adoptium and following the instructions is easy. Why even a Idiot can figure it out!

Big Salute to the folks who work on the MegaMek project. This version is awesome! Thank You!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2022, 20:32:06 »

Oh and for those thinking of switching to 0.49.8 using Adoptium and following the instructions is easy. Why even a Idiot can figure it out!

Glad you got it sorted. But I’d recommend 0.49.7 it’s much more reliable then 0.49.8 which it the start of some very rocky releases while we up update the networking code.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/megamek-games/new-development-snapshot-0-49-7-for-megamek-megameklab-and-mekhq/
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.