Register Register

Author Topic: 4th Regulan Hussars combat group WIP  (Read 759 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
4th Regulan Hussars combat group WIP
« on: 15 July 2022, 07:54:45 »

Just the 3 so far, but working on the rest of the company along with some of their supports in armor & BA.  Still need to pick out the frame of the cockpits on these and not sure what I attempted for the Archer's missile racks worked effectively.
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149
Leviathans #104

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: 4th Regulan Hussars combat group WIP
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2022, 10:06:48 »
Not bad!  Even if the Archer is the only one I recognize...

Ghaz

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2022, 10:23:58 »
Not bad!  Even if the Archer is the only one I recognize...

That is a Supernova in the middle.  I'm not sure what the one on the left is...  ???

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2022, 10:31:37 »
Juliano, from TRO3145 . . . it was on the cover of the recent League novel.  I need to mark it's lasers, same as the Archer.  You can see a bit of red down the Archer's LRM tubes but the effect as not as big as I wanted.
Colt Ward

Leviathans #104

Nastyogre

• Warrant Officer
  • Sons of the Suns, Defend your homes!
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2022, 13:05:10 »
I like em. IF you want to try and pinwash the panel lines they would really pop! It's not for everyone.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Useless and I didn't even get to be pretty
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2022, 13:15:22 »
I like em. IF you want to try and pinwash the panel lines they would really pop! It's not for everyone.

agree here. they look nice as is, but a wash would take the job next level

Failure16

• Lieutenant
  • Better Days
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2022, 13:28:05 »
Love to see some Regulans getting ready for the field. And these look the business.

I agree with the calls for a wash; if you want to keep it simple, hit these three with a satin clear-coat, wash, perhaps a targeted drybrush to bring back the base colors, and then dull-coat them
Thought I might get a rocket ride when I was a child.          We are the wild youth, 
But it was a lie, that I told myself                                          Chasing visions of our futures.
When I needed something good.                                            One day we'll reveal the truth,
At 17, I had a better dream; now I'm 33, and it isn't me.        That one will die before he gets there.

But I'd think of something better if I could
                           --E. Tonra
--A. Duritz

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #7 on: 15 July 2022, 14:47:34 »
I am working to get all of them- another 13 mechs, handful of vehicles, and some BA- to the same level then move forward in stages.  The Archer was rushed towards the same point the Supernova was b/c they were going to end up on the table yesterday so they needed to catch the eye instead of just be primed.  But until the last two months I had not painted anything since before Covid, so need to get back in practice.

More than likely I am going to lightly brush a gray stain on it which will pick up the panels as the final step.
Colt Ward

Leviathans #104

avon1985

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 16 July 2022, 00:02:37 »
Very nice! :thumbsup:

Xan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 18 July 2022, 22:27:11 »
Good looking Mechs!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #10 on: 02 August 2022, 00:33:41 »
Everything else being worked on-

Left is the base painted . . . thinned out the color too much so I need to hit it once more.  The old AS pack Trebuchet is going to be my experiment mini, see what happens when I try different stuff like a varnish seal.

Oh yeah, far left is a scratch built power generator.  Needs another coat of the basic gray and then some detail greebles and maybe some more pipes or structure.

Right is the complete base but still need some detail & touch up, then the stripes.

Center is the mostly done, just need to check details and do the bases.  Especially since my steel was not mixing properly when I tried to work on the center & right sets.

Bottom Havoc, Calliope, and Quasimodo were my 1st attempt at some Regulans, they need to be stripped but not sure my poor man bases will work . . . and the Quasimodo had arm surgery to change it's angle like the WVR-3R to WVR-7M conversion.
Colt Ward

Leviathans #104

Register