Register Register

Author Topic: Clan Ghost Bear, Beta Galaxy, 14th Battle Cluster (The Maulers), 76th Supernova  (Read 688 times)

Armond

• Sergeant
Just sharing some work I finished up the other week.  I am starting on another force now until Wave 2 hits.  But this is where I stopped for my CGB.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
Great looking models!! Terrific job!
I'm unfamiliar with the Clans in general, so if I can ask: why is the one mech in black and red? Is it a special character from the source materials?

Armond

• Sergeant
Here is my explanation of his mech:

Star Captain Kenbarg DelVillar of Clan Ghost Bear, Beta Galaxy, 14th Battle Cluster, 76th Supernova pilots an Executioner A. 

His Executioner emulates ‘The Maulers’ icon; the body is a deep gray, nearly black.  The lower arms are crimson, bloodied.  A blue star is prominently placed on his right shoulder. 

DelVillar’s decision to break from traditional Beta Galaxy colour schemes is a testament to his desire to provide inspiration in his own forces as well as despair in enemy opposition.

Often he rides to battle accompanied by a point of elementals who defend him against conventional infantry forces and finish off downed mercenary BattleMechs.

The retaking of Terra enlightened him to the Inner Sphere and their use of mercenaries to hold their worlds.  Dishonourable men and women; hiding amid the settlements and environs to ambush and employ tactics of devious nature.  No longer would the 14th Battle Cluster extend batchalls or announce their forces to planets assigned to them.  They deserve nothing less than the full might of Clan Ghost Bear unleashed; merciless and relentless.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Another lovely piece of work! And the mods are top class!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
Stunning work!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Mecha82

• Major
  • Honor the Dragon
Chu-sa Jiro Takahashi, 11th Legion of Vega (Swiftness of Wind), Draconis Combine

Star Captain John Jorgensson, 73rd Battle Cluster (The Lash), Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear

Some things never change.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Very nice work! :thumbsup:

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
I have spoken.

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • Widowmakers ahoy!
Great miniatures. They look very nice. The mods are especially gorgeous and well done. Congratulations!
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
Excellent mods there.
That Vulture b and Mad Cat A are quality.

Love you're elemental reshuffles. 
Well done.

anarchy

• Private
Well done! Especially like the elementals. Much more natural looking.

DEZOAT

• Warrant Officer
 :o 8) :thumbsup: WOW!!! Great job on the minis.

riposte

• Recruit
That's amazing, I don't think I'd ever have the patience/skill to mod the elementals like that and I really like that whole lore around having a uniquely painted mech.

Armond

• Sergeant
That's amazing, I don't think I'd ever have the patience/skill to mod the elementals like that and I really like that whole lore around having a uniquely painted mech.

thank you!  makes it a ton of fun when you can give an individual mech some attention!

:o 8) :thumbsup: WOW!!! Great job on the minis.

thank you so much!

Well done! Especially like the elementals. Much more natural looking.

glad you like it!  I hate when everything is too uniform!

Excellent mods there.
That Vulture b and Mad Cat A are quality.

Love you're elemental reshuffles. 
Well done.

I appreciate it!  The Timber Wolf was one of my favorites to do, and seems to be a favorite whenever I show it!

Great miniatures. They look very nice. The mods are especially gorgeous and well done. Congratulations!

thank you sooo much! 

8)

Very nice work! :thumbsup:

arigato

thanks!

Stunning work!
Sweet! :thumbsup:

glad you like!  I don't know about stunning lol

Another lovely piece of work! And the mods are top class!

:)  I try!  I love converting more so than painting!

avon1985

• Captain
Very Sweet! :thumbsup:

Armond

• Sergeant
Thank you! 

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Great work and that is a lovely blue.  8) 8) :thumbsup:

May I ask what you used for it?
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Welcome to the Federated Suns.  Please keep all arms and legs inside your mech at all times.  Also, please pick up your trash, including any Capellan hardware you may have brought with you.  Littering is punishable by a 1,000,000 C-Bill fine and an invasion by the local RCT.  Have a nice day!

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Armond

• Sergeant
It’s a Model Color paint.  Dark Blue, 70.930.  That’s the base, then add a little white and go with a medium/heavy dry brush.  Then more white for an even lighter dry brush. 

Register