Register Register

Author Topic: Clan Ghost Bear Omicron Galaxy Complete  (Read 437 times)

Tangoforone

• Master Sergeant
Clan Ghost Bear Omicron Galaxy Complete
« on: 13 January 2021, 23:23:43 »
Going to use the box set mechs for Clan Ghost Bear Omicron Galaxy; I may throw in some of the 'battlemech' stars in this group in the future, since it sounds like only 1/3 to 1/2 of their front line force was Omnimechs by the 3070's. 

Needed to test the paint scheme, and I do think it turned out quite well.  I think the next few I'm going to try to get the top parts to 'pop' more; maybe try a very light drybrush of pure white.  Not sure yet. Don't know how I'm going to base them either; it is a new year, so I think it is time to move on from my simple basing of 'sand' flock, and try something a bit more captivating.

Edit:  I resized the photo.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2021, 22:22:39 by Tangoforone »

Kerfuffin(925)

• Master Sergeant
Re: Clan Ghost Bear Omicron Galaxy WIP
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2021, 00:00:32 »
wow thats a nice fade

Kibutsu

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2021, 14:30:11 »
They look great so far. Loving the fade. As far as making them pop, you might want to do a little edge highlighting but I wouldn't overdo it. I always prefer the less-is-more approach but to each his own. Also, consider some markings. Decals always add a lot of visual appeal. For basing, I would either try to emphasize the "arctic" scheme by maybe using various greys and cork bits to represent a windswept, rocky terrain and throw in some sparse dry grass tufts for a little splash of color, or go with something that contrasts completely like red desert. Please post pics when they're completed!

Mecha82

• Major
  • Honor the Dragon
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2021, 17:33:17 »
Looking good. :thumbsup:
Chu-sa Jiro Takahashi, 11th Legion of Vega (Swiftness of Wind), Draconis Combine

Star Captain John Jorgensson, 73rd Battle Cluster (The Lash), Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear

Some things never change.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Captain
  • Держи хвост пистолетом!
« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2021, 17:49:54 »
Wow... the Executioner is especially stunning with that gorgeous color fade. Very cool... ^-^

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 14 January 2021, 18:14:53 »
 :thumbsup:

Tangoforone

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 14 January 2021, 20:46:47 »
Thanks all for the kind words.  I'll take a look at some basing methods.  Don't want to detract from the miniatures, but definitely want to do better than gluing flock on it.  Definitely going to add some decals; once I know how I want to split up the rest of my stuff I'll make a single purchase from FPG.  Probably hand paint some numbers somewhere, just need to find a location and color that doesn't mess it up.

Not a big fan of edge highlighting because I have seen it overdone, but I could do a very light brush; white on top, lighter blue in the middle, then a darker (but still lighter than base coat) blue on the bottom.

avon1985

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 17 January 2021, 11:29:21 »
Sweet! :thumbsup:

Armond

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 17 January 2021, 14:41:49 »
They look great!  IMO a brown/earthy base would be simple and wouldn’t detract/blend with the paint scheme!

Tangoforone

• Master Sergeant
Re: Clan Ghost Bear Omicron Galaxy Complete
« Reply #9 on: 17 January 2021, 22:22:16 »
Well they are like 98% complete.  I'll add decals, numbers, etc. in a month or so; other than that I just need to varnish them.  Since I don't want to revisit this in a month on the forum, here they are :)

The bases suck.  In my defense, when I first started them I thought I was going to stick with my old method; then I saw how the Executioner came out and was like, "they deserve a better base." That this basing looks better than my normal stuff is saying something.  In the future I will take the miniature off the base before working on the base.  Also going to play with the paints that I used.  I think I want a lighter, sandy color, whereas this one came out a mix between the Moon and a chocolate cake.

And I need to work on my blending for the cockpits.