Register Register

Author Topic: Fire Falcon Goliath Scorpion Delta Galaxy  (Read 759 times)

Xan

• Master Sergeant
Fire Falcon Goliath Scorpion Delta Galaxy
« on: 25 November 2022, 21:18:31 »
A Fire Falcon in Clan Goliath Scorpion Delta Galaxy.

I really like this scheme, and wanted to make it look like the panel lines were molten lava. So I went looking for a model with lots of panel lines and this one fit the bill.  This guy is the definition of table top quality, looks pretty good from a couple feet away up close you can see some issues with it.  Not my best work, but good enough, and learned a few things.

Process was Put down Ice yellow in the panel lines, thinned with some flow improver to try and make a wash like consistency (all paints Vallejo except the washes used on the base). 
Then went put down some light orange, also with flow improver, in the panel lines putting more in the areas farthest away from center.
Body color is about a 3/2 red and black mix.  This made for a really cool color in my opinion.  I started applying just normally, figured out later the way to do this was a heavy dry brushing, that kept it out of the panel lines I already had colored, it it wasn't applying as heavily so the color was lighter, so I had to normal brush it all on in the end. 
If I ever try this scheme again it will be all dry brushing the top layer on.
Then a lot of back and forth fixing things and then refixing things.
Base is the left over light orange I had on the plate, with some riekland flesh shade and some agrax earth shade, and then a little nuln oil. (I was trying to darken it).

And as is apparently tradition for my new units he lost his first match (did some real work though, took the B config, that thing is nasty if a bit of a glass cannon).

Thanks for looking!

Xan

• Master Sergeant
Re: Fire Falcon Goliath Scorpion Delta Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2022, 21:34:25 »
Here are two smaller photos... That first one is a little large.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2022, 21:58:53 »
Like the look there.   8) :thumbsup:

Are you going to come back and give it the detail treatment?
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 26 November 2022, 06:44:26 »
 :thumbsup:

avon1985

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 26 November 2022, 06:45:12 »
Sweet! :thumbsup:

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #5 on: 26 November 2022, 14:15:39 »
Sweet! :thumbsup:
Star Captain John Kerensky, 7th Battle Cluster (The Blood-Drinkers), Gamma Galaxy, Clan Wolf 

Chu-sa Jiro Takahashi, 11th Legion of Vega (Swiftness of Wind), Draconis Combine

Xan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 29 November 2022, 22:14:08 »
Like the look there.   8) :thumbsup:

Are you going to come back and give it the detail treatment?

Thank you!

I haven't decided yet on any additional details.  There are a couple panels that could get painted sliver/metallic but other than that I'm not ever really sure what the next step on this one would need be, so done for the moment but may revisit if inspiration strikes.

Register