Register Register

Author Topic: Heralds of Pious Light III-delta, 1st Division, Blessed Order (Dark Age)  (Read 815 times)

Schwerpunkt Prinzip

• Corporal
Luyten 68-28, Prefecture X
Republic of the Sphere
17 September 3140

As a Clan fanboy, I've never found ComStar or Word of Blake appealing, but Joshua Perian's work on Turning Points: Epsilon Eridani and Spotlight On: Unending Faith piqued my curiosity. I found the Blessed Order fascinating: a blend of ComStar and Word of Blake, promptly roflstomped by the Republic.

This Level II was based on the RAT in the above resources. I've chosen the Heralds of Pious Light Level III mainly because my partner's name means 'pious'.

Rho Heavy Level II, Heralds of Pious Light III-delta, 1st Division, Blessed Order:

TI-1Aj Titan II
DLR-OBLO Doloire
KHP-7R Kheper
UAE-7R Uraeus
Bolla Stealth Tank  (Inf.)
Bolla Stealth Tank  (Inf.)

Titan II and Doloire

Uraeus and Kheper

Bolla stealth tanks

The Titan II required a lot of effort to modify and represent the 1Aj variant. I bulked out the torso with plasticard, added PPCs and SRM4s, and medium lasers to the arms. I also modified one of the Bolla tank turrets to make another Infernus variant, and bulked out the SRMS for both tanks. I made very minor modifications to the Doloire and Uraeus and no modifications at all to the Kheper.

Like RabidFox's amazing ComStar Warhammer, I was inspired by the artwork in the recent Tukayyid sourcebook, and I copied the low-visibility ComStar insignia from that resource.

Comments, criticism, and questions welcome! Thanks for looking.
Twitter: @schwrpnktprnzp

Louie N

• Warrant Officer
Fantastic work all around. The white, weathering, mods, and terrian.  Well done

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Wow, that's just some brilliant work.  Well done sir.  8) 8) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just got a Kheper myself, so I'm a bit curious.  Did you find the mini a little undersized for the mech being 55 tons?
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
Beautiful work! I love the kitbash on the Titan II, looks so much better than the stock version...

Luciora

• Major
Nice work. Wish we could get new art for the Titan 1 as well.  Did my own version of the Titan 1A as well, but yours looks much cleaner.  If I did another one, I'd definitely redo the arms and give it proper battlefists.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Impressive! :thumbsup:

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
Very nice work!

I sculpted the Uraeus, and I have to say, I can't tell what modifications you made, but no matter what, it looks great! How do you like the mini on a whole? How was it to assemble?  I don't see many Uraeuses (Uraeusi?) very often....

Schwerpunkt Prinzip

• Corporal
Thank you for the generous comments!

I just got a Kheper myself, so I'm a bit curious.  Did you find the mini a little undersized for the mech being 55 tons?

I didn't really notice it being undersized, mostly because the Titan and Doloire are so large. The poor Kheper and Uraeus are stuck in a Level II of oversized miniatures (so much so that the Bollas didn't even fit on the hex bases I normally use).

I love the kitbash on the Titan II, looks so much better than the stock version...
Wish we could get new art for the Titan 1 as well.  Did my own version of the Titan 1A as well, but yours looks much cleaner.  If I did another one, I'd definitely redo the arms and give it proper battlefists.

I almost gave up on the Titan. I agree that it needs fists! Those hands annoyed me, as did the overall awkward pose. The casting on the legs was bubbled, too, but I tried to hide that with scratches and weathering. I actually like the line art, and the cover of Jihad Hot Spots: 3076 is still impressive!

I sculpted the Uraeus, and I have to say, I can't tell what modifications you made, but no matter what, it looks great! How do you like the mini on a whole? How was it to assemble?  I don't see many Uraeuses (Uraeusi?) very often....

I really liked it! It was a joy to assemble (especially compared to the Doloire). You are, of course, completely correct—I thought I had used greenstuff to give the bombast laser a lens, but I see you'd already scultped that. I must admit my stupidity, though, that I accidentally attached the bombast laser to the right arm and the UAC/10 on the shoulder turret, but, mercifully, I noticed my error before the superglue had set.  :-[

Hopefully I'll get a chance to put the Uraeus's vibroblade through some of Worktroll's Hastati Sentinels, if even our lockdown ends.
« Last Edit: 26 July 2021, 21:59:17 by Schwerpunkt Prinzip »

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
I really liked it! It was a joy to assemble (especially compared to the Doloire). You are, of course, completely correct—I thought I had used greenstuff to give the bombast laser a lens, but I see you'd already scultped that. I must admit my stupidity, though, that I accidentally attached the bombast laser to the right arm and the UAC/10 on the shoulder turret, but, mercifully, I noticed my error before the superglue had set.  :-[

Hopefully I'll get a chance to put the Uraeus's vibroblade through some of Worktroll's Hastati Sentinels, if even our lockdown ends.

Hahaha, it is quite alright.  I have quite a few I have assembled incorrectly myself, and I have even seen some of my sculpts incorrectly assembled by Camospecs people.  It happens :D

I am glad you liked building it and I hope you enjoy destroying worktroll when the time comes!

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
  • Foi Est Tout
Fantastic group! And, dripping with loads of flavor! I love that a good read inspired you to get creative!! I'm reading through The Price of Duty now. Thank you for sharing!

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
These look awesome!

Really makes me want to get at least a Uraeus and a Kheper.

Any idea how the Doloire compares to the new plastic Awesome or other new plastic 'Mechs? Approx same, bigger, smaller?
Minis needed for Atlas AS7-K2, Stalking Spider II; Kishi, Oni, Zou, Simian, Quirinus and Centaur battle armor; DI Multipurpose VTOL, Kinnol tank, JES III missile carrier.

abou

• Captain
Really wonderful stuff. Are the checkers done by hand?

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • HoTW is coming
Great work. The mods are very clean and nice and the white shades are great. The freehand is also very good. Congratulations.  :thumbsup:
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

RabidFox

• Corporal
Wow, these are awesome.  The white just pops and looks real smooth.  Your edge highlights look like straight up painted gradients and I love the weathering.  Got any tips on how to do proper weathering?

Schwerpunkt Prinzip

• Corporal
Fantastic group! And, dripping with loads of flavor! I love that a good read inspired you to get creative!! I'm reading through The Price of Duty now. Thank you for sharing!

IAMCLANWOLF! Thank you! What are you working on?

Any idea how the Doloire compares to the new plastic Awesome or other new plastic 'Mechs? Approx same, bigger, smaller?

Funnily enough, I have a plastic Awesome on my bench at the moment so I put it and the Doloire together with a Battlemaster.

Are the checkers done by hand?

They are, and I wish I could have painted them smaller, but if wishes were horses we'd all live in yurts.

Great work. The mods are very clean and nice and the white shades are great. The freehand is also very good. Congratulations.  :thumbsup:

I really value your comment, God and Davion. Your work is an inspiration. Thank you.

Wow, these are awesome.  The white just pops and looks real smooth.  Your edge highlights look like straight up painted gradients and I love the weathering.  Got any tips on how to do proper weathering?

There's a section on this page called 'weathering techniques for vehicles' and it's an amazing resource. Any tips I offer would be taken from there, so I'll cite this page as the original source.
« Last Edit: 28 July 2021, 01:58:46 by Schwerpunkt Prinzip »

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Funnily enough, I have a plastic Awesome on my bench at the moment so I put it and the Doloire together with a Battlemaster.

Working on a Royal Beemer? Seems cool!

Good scaling on the Doloire, want one now too.

Also, your bases look awesome, they accent the paint job very nicely!
Minis needed for Atlas AS7-K2, Stalking Spider II; Kishi, Oni, Zou, Simian, Quirinus and Centaur battle armor; DI Multipurpose VTOL, Kinnol tank, JES III missile carrier.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Luminous is the word, Schwer. Or should that be Luminos? ;) Gorgeous, the white glows, the hand checkering is brilliant, and the basing lifts it all together. I look forward to having them under my guns!

Now we can start thinking of another game in a few weeks, should I put aside a couple of stands of DA BA for those Bolla? Purifiers, or something Republic like Centaurs or Simians?
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Kibutsu

• Master Sergeant
Outstanding work!

avon1985

• Captain
Very very Sweet! :thumbsup:

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
Very nice. :thumbsup:
Star Captain John Kerensky, 7th Battle Cluster (The Blood-Drinkers), Gamma Galaxy, Clan Wolf 

Chu-sa Jiro Takahashi, 11th Legion of Vega (Swiftness of Wind), Draconis Combine

DOC_Agren

• Captain
Well done... :clap: :clap:
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"