Register Register

Author Topic: Ice Ferret / Fenris magnetized and Burke - Kokou custom  (Read 231 times)

Luciora

• Major
Another magnetized omni, have the new plastic one on the workbench, waiting for parts to arrive.

For the Kokou custom, I didn't touch the launcher, but used the Rhino turret to kind of simulate the triple lasers.  May try and see if any other turrets work to emulate other versions.

Enjoy!

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: Ice Ferret / Fenris magnetized and Burke - Kokou custom
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2021, 09:50:30 »
Nicely done again.  8) :thumbsup:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

MarauderD

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2021, 12:06:23 »
Is that a Crescent Hawks Ice Ferret?  Like all the arm options, that looks great!  :drool:

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2021, 12:38:56 »
The Crescent Hawks were my first introduction to a merc unit that wasn't overhyped in the fluff, my first to the game in general, and I prefer blue as a personal color.  The CH scheme is my goto scheme for my magnetized omnimech project as well

Is that a Crescent Hawks Ice Ferret?  Like all the arm options, that looks great!  :drool:

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2021, 15:20:39 »
 :thumbsup:

mvp7

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 04 May 2021, 17:15:50 »
Nice looking stuff. How do you make the magnetized limb connection? Is is square magnet inserted into square hole or how do you keep it from rotating?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 04 May 2021, 17:38:24 »
Round magnets, and friction via primer and lacquer.  In the case of a number of the arms, they tend to balance pretty level.  The magnets are generally strong enough to hold it in place, as long as the arm itself isn't too heavy for the magnets being used.

Nice looking stuff. How do you make the magnetized limb connection? Is is square magnet inserted into square hole or how do you keep it from rotating?

mvp7

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 04 May 2021, 17:48:52 »
Round magnets, and friction via primer and lacquer.  In the case of a number of the arms, they tend to balance pretty level.  The magnets are generally strong enough to hold it in place, as long as the arm itself isn't too heavy for the magnets being used.
Ok, thanks!

BaldDen

• Corporal
« Reply #8 on: 04 May 2021, 18:13:55 »
hi! You make nice mini, but at the same time you destroy all quality of uploaded images, by making a collage.

avon1985

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 04 May 2021, 18:58:02 »
Sweet! :thumbsup:

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 04 May 2021, 19:32:32 »
I'll keep that in mind.  I'm trying to keep the attachments to a minimum when I do the posts as there are usually more than several pictures to be displayed.

hi! You make nice mini, but at the same time you destroy all quality of uploaded images, by making a collage.

Register