Register Register

Author Topic: Kickstarer to Oldshool Mini Compare  (Read 3718 times)

Louie N

• Lieutenant
Re: Kickstarer to Oldshool Mini Compare
« Reply #30 on: 14 June 2022, 00:10:46 »
More mechs added to the show.  Enjoy!

« Last Edit: 14 June 2022, 00:48:09 by Louie N »

StCptMara

• Major
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #31 on: 14 June 2022, 04:48:21 »
Not going to lie, but I think the Black Knight, Warhawk, Executioner, Adder, and Gargoyle are among the Most Improved Aesthetics of the Kickstarter minis.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #32 on: 14 June 2022, 05:03:02 »
I'm not totally disagreeing with your thesis, but still believe the King Crab is most improved.

Black Knight close behind, true, but still ...
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

FedRatCowboy

• Master Sergeant
  • Loyal Knight of House Davion.
« Reply #33 on: 24 June 2022, 09:34:08 »
While I agree that the plastic sculpts are more attractive, the Battlemaster looks like it has one glaring weapons layout problem to me. The upper left medium laser looks like it will be blasted off by the SRM-6 when it fires. The barrel of the medium looks like it is in the way. And to be honest, I love the double barrel PPC look of the unseen one, wish they would have incorporated that into the plastic.
"War is Hell. Combat is a mother ******."  --General Tommy Franks, US Army

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 24 June 2022, 10:03:35 »
I have yet to see a single redesign set side by side with the old sculpt and thought to myself, "they really blew that one, I think the old sculpt is better."

Just goes to show the quality control and underlying vision on the redesign process has been absolutely top notch. 

DEZOAT

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #35 on: 03 July 2022, 09:33:42 »
 :o 8) :thumbsup: Thanks for the Pics on the minis the new and the old. I can see why everyone the new plastic minis. Thanks for the pics.

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #36 on: 23 July 2022, 16:21:52 »
I have yet to see a single redesign set side by side with the old sculpt and thought to myself, "they really blew that one, I think the old sculpt is better."

Just goes to show the quality control and underlying vision on the redesign process has been absolutely top notch.

I think my GM prefers the original Highlander, I think that is the one mentioned.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

LastChanceCav

• Captain
  • Repossessing the dispossessed ...
« Reply #37 on: 28 July 2022, 22:43:22 »
I knew the plastics looked like an upgrade across the the board, but to see these side by sides really highlights the magnitude of improvement.

Thanks all for sharing.

Cheers,
LCC
Last Chance Engineering - Bespoke Battlemechs for the refined gentleman.

croaker

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #38 on: 11 August 2022, 14:57:27 »

The reseen Shadow Hawk was horrible, I'm glad to have the new resculpt.

And don't even get me started on TRO 3057.