Register Register

Author Topic: Need help identifying orphan parts  (Read 469 times)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Need help identifying orphan parts
« on: 16 April 2021, 21:24:35 »
I'm organizing my unpainted miniatures in my tackle box and there's some unidentified parts. Two I found in a bin with a Blackjack Omni, but I don't see the parts in any Camospecs photos. Help welcome. They'll be the two sprues with three cylinders on them and *four* sprues each with two... what look like power line insulators. To what machine to they belong?

Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
Re: Need help identifying orphan parts
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2021, 21:29:35 »
I'm going to guess the Enforcer resculpt. AC and LL tips, varying with upgrades. Do they look like they match up with some of these guys? https://camospecs.com/iwm/enforcer-enf-4r-5d/

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2021, 21:41:00 »
For the two triple sprues? I think you're right. I have an enforcer model that I'm trying to find the arms for right now.

Any idea on the insulator thingies? Those have me thrown for a loop.

That's the trouble when you move. Plano cases, while amazing, still let tiny parts shift under the dividers.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 16 April 2021, 22:19:24 »
And regarding a phoenix style Marauder 9S/5R, I have one with a smooth barrel. I see another one in Camospecs that has what looks like a rotary. Is that a kitbash or are the model types sold with separate parts (I have no rotary but, building a Davion force, might like to have one).

Correction. I found the rotary. So from this picture, it looks like I have the 9S/5R. What are the left and middle models? Both have arm weapons with fins, while the left has what looks like a torso mounted weapon.

« Last Edit: 16 April 2021, 22:29:48 by Bedwyr »

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 17 April 2021, 00:05:49 »
Fin-gun Marauder is the Marauder MAD-5L:

It looks like you have a spare torso gun that can be used with the second 5L with the parts on the right side Marauder.  The straight barrel wouldn't look out of place on the 5L, and as far as I know there isn't a Marauder sold without a torso gun aside from the MAD-4X which you definitely, definitely don't have there.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 17 April 2021, 13:28:11 »

I don't think they're quite right after finding a pic, but the thought I had was the jump jet bits for the alternate Pariah config.
https://camospecs.com/listing/pariah-4/

They look pretty small... my other thought would be to one of the DA-era minis like the Centurion omni, Blade, etc. that might have had sets of bits sticking out.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 17 April 2021, 13:43:10 »
Roger that on the 5L. I'll swap the barrel out.

And thanks on the possible jumpjets. I've never had a Pariah so it can't be those. Every other model seems complete, but jumpjets can look extraneous. I can take a picture of my Plano cases if that helps, but I don't think I have time to knoll everything out. In any case this is all about organization for now.

Given that I have a tsunami of plastics inbound to paint, the metals have taken a big back seat for this OCD player looking for clean consistency. I'd rather get the nuseen on the board before I try to tackle the pretty freaky looking models like the Phoenix MADs.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 17 April 2021, 21:55:34 »
Yeah, if you've got time to snap and post a pic, maybe it will spark a memory. Now I'm curious too.  ;)

Another tiny bit I remembered is the A-Pods from the resculpt Loki. Wrong shape for these, just a bit that would be easily forgotten and be something that could slide around without notice.

Heavyguard

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2021, 10:41:35 »
For the two triple sprues? I think you're right. I have an enforcer model that I'm trying to find the arms for right now.

IIRC they are the JJ nozzles for the same Enforcer legs.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2021, 10:42:33 »
IIRC they are the JJ nozzles for the same Enforcer legs.

Enforcer or Enforcer III?

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 21 April 2021, 01:53:50 »

That's the trouble when you move. Plano cases, while amazing, still let tiny parts shift under the dividers.

They put me in mind of the back lasers of the Hercules.

Heavyguard

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 21 April 2021, 11:45:40 »
Enforcer or Enforcer III?

For the Enforcer. Same one as the weapon tips you have. 20-448 Enforcer Resculpt 4R/5D.

Edit: Can see here the 1 different weapon tip on the left arm and on the back the JJ locations. The 4R has the JJs in the legs while the 5D gets the JJ backpack.

https://camospecs.com/listing/enforcer-enf-4r-4/
« Last Edit: 21 April 2021, 11:48:42 by Heavyguard »

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 21 April 2021, 11:52:55 »
That answers that then. And it makes sense. I'd been collecting metal awhile back to build up an AFFS faction unit and got sidetracked. The only other metal I have right now is Jihad era WoB elements. So that makes sense.