Register Register

Author Topic: Return to the brushes  (Read 4195 times)

Elmoth

• Captain
  • Periphery fanboy
Re: Return to the brushes
« Reply #60 on: 20 October 2021, 15:18:58 »
Okay. Mech comparison.
The 2 in the center have had their edges painted (dunno the word for this in English: you see it in the painting). The centre right (jenner) with ultramarine blue and the one in the centre left (panther) with wolf gray (the leg only). Both GW paints. Those of the extremes are there for comparison reasons.

I'm still not sure about it, but I would say that the pather (grey one) looks better from a distance since the contradt is more extreme. I am finishing painting all the panels, so we will see when it is ready.

Of course, I'm going to hate painting these 10 mechs: / Painting all those edges is not hat I enjoy, as I'm taking about an hour PER LIMB, so around 4-6 hours per model ... Just to finish the basics.

In the process I have made a wet palette for myself. My friends who know me for NOT painting my miniatures in 30 years think that this is the breaking of the second seal of the apocalypse. I did it for the laughs … and have been taken aback afterwards with the results: The paint does not dry while I paint or from one day to the next!! Amazing. And it is EXTREMEY easy, since it  is just a tupperware, a cloth and an oven paper, and some water. Nothing more. Very easy to do and I recommend it.

Elmoth

• Captain
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #61 on: 22 October 2021, 03:37:49 »
the panther with its basic color coat finished. Now it is time for details, the silver lines, weapons and cockpit. The color is the one of the second picture, but I give you the single panther picture for some 8crappy picture) detailing.

I have been recommended to do the ghostbrush with makeup brushes. will try it with the second jenner or the wolverine since they have more volumes where to drybrush (the panther has more flat pannels) and see what results I get.

Two Guns Blazing

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #62 on: 22 October 2021, 03:42:26 »
I like the highlighting on both Mechs, but the Wolf Grey does stand out more, and will be more noticeable from a distance.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #63 on: 23 October 2021, 05:39:03 »
I'd go with the wolf grey too.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Louie N

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #64 on: 23 October 2021, 14:11:49 »
Good edging.  The 2nd from left stands out

Register