Register Register

Author Topic: Stripped all my old minis and I'm giving it another go  (Read 441 times)

Lanceman

• Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
Stripped all my old minis and I'm giving it another go
« on: 12 August 2022, 18:10:34 »
20 years or so since I painted a mini, and it's probably not much better than my adolescent attempt, but I had a good time.

"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Stripped all my old minis and I'm giving it another go
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2022, 04:19:17 »
Lanceman, that's a very clean design - you've got the paint exactly where you want it. Good work!

Drop me a line if you want to talk simple ways to get a little more pop out of your minis. I'm always happy to go on about low-effort good-result techniques!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2022, 06:21:15 »
 :thumbsup:

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #3 on: 13 August 2022, 13:22:15 »
Very nice. :thumbsup:
Star Captain John Kerensky, 7th Battle Cluster (The Blood-Drinkers), Gamma Galaxy, Clan Wolf 

Chu-sa Jiro Takahashi, 11th Legion of Vega (Swiftness of Wind), Draconis Combine

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #4 on: 13 August 2022, 17:23:27 »
The only thing that matters is that you had fun!  :thumbsup:

Failure16

• Lieutenant
  • Better Days
« Reply #5 on: 13 August 2022, 19:16:00 »
Hey, it's Marik Militia. And a very nice example at that. Kudos all around!
Thought I might get a rocket ride when I was a child.          We are the wild youth, 
But it was a lie, that I told myself                                          Chasing visions of our futures.
When I needed something good.                                            One day we'll reveal the truth,
At 17, I had a better dream; now I'm 33, and it isn't me.        That one will die before he gets there.

But I'd think of something better if I could
                           --E. Tonra
--A. Duritz

Xan

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2022, 10:58:50 »
It looks great!  I really like the contrast of the blue on one side red on the other

Lanceman

• Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
« Reply #7 on: 14 August 2022, 19:51:29 »
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I ended up doing a few more this weekend (and taking another trip to the hobby store).

"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Lanceman

• Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
« Reply #8 on: 14 August 2022, 20:04:33 »
Since it got hidden there: My Amphigean Light Assault Group inspired Dragon Fire.