Register Register

Author Topic: Aura Wings: Aerospace Focused Mercenary Unit  (Read 250 times)

Escudero

• Corporal
  • Think forward.
Aura Wings: Aerospace Focused Mercenary Unit
« on: 22 June 2021, 09:02:05 »
I've been running this unit with a group online (always welcome to have more, DM me if interested) and wanted to post it here for updates/comments/suggestions.

The unit revolves are being aerospace-focused.  Has two Vengeance-class fighter carriers that are maintained, acquired in different ways over a few decades of activity, and supported by some Leopard CVs.  With our own transportation we can deploy around 200+ fighters if necessary.

Ground forces consist of about four 'Mech battalions, an armor regiment, multiple infantry regiments, based out of a landhold in the Galtor system.

Unit has been mostly in the employ of House Kurita throughout its history, and so has multiple wings of Slayer and Shilone fighters, as well as squadrons of Stukas, Daggers, Corax, and some others.  Has a bumpy history of ups and downs so far.

Currently we're employed in the Kazanka system by the Combine, hunting pirates who will turn out to have been sponsored indirectly, through Solahma handlers/communicators, by Clan Snow Raven to harass the OA-bordering side of the Combine in order to drag some attention away from their activities in the more coreward border on the Combine near the Rasalhague Dominion.

The CO of the unit, Saori Arai, is a Proserpina native and graduate of the academy there who had a short stint in the DCMS, but never saw any live action with them.  Joined the unit about ten years before present, and worked her way up amidst turmoil, coming to prominence when she ended up leading the successful faction in a civil war within the mercenary unit, fought on their landhold world of Galtor III.
Lieutenant General Saori 'Sense' Arai
CO, Aura Wings Mercenary Brigade

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
Re: Aura Wings: Aerospace Focused Mercenary Unit
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2021, 12:03:52 »
I recall seeing your unit website some years back. I believe Gina Flannigan was in charge back then.

Escudero

• Corporal
  • Think forward.
Re: Aura Wings: Aerospace Focused Mercenary Unit
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2021, 19:46:45 »
Right, that's the one.  Gina Flannigan is still around as a member, too.
Lieutenant General Saori 'Sense' Arai
CO, Aura Wings Mercenary Brigade