Register Register

Author Topic: Clan Hell's Horses Tau Galaxy: The Brimstone Cataphracts  (Read 60488 times)

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
Re: Clan Hell's Horses Tau Galaxy: The Brimstone Cataphracts
« Reply #180 on: 03 February 2022, 03:03:53 »
Oh, the Doom Courser will absolutely be appearing in Tau Galaxy. I'm totally smitten with that thing.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #181 on: 03 February 2022, 05:40:14 »
With a name like Doom Courser, how could you not be?
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #182 on: 03 February 2022, 20:38:20 »
With a name like Doom Courser, how could you not be?

Ha, I know you know I hate that name, but the art and stats fully won me over.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #183 on: 29 April 2022, 19:27:06 »
Okay, this is just a first pass, but now that the RecGuides are out, I decided to finally work up this theoretical Cluster idea I've been bandying about for so long. I'm definitely going to keep fiddling with it, but this at least gives me a base to work from.

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #184 on: 03 May 2022, 03:50:34 »
I'm looking at this Cluster again and thinking maybe I should say screw it, dump the Enyo/Ku combos and go all in on the Sleipnirs and Epona IIs.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2022, 04:06:18 by Kojak »

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #185 on: 04 May 2022, 02:23:37 »
Taking another look at Nova Command and trying to decide if A) I should vary it up instead of doing five Doom Coursers, and B) if I should pair them with something other than LRM Gnomes...though I'm not sure what.

- Klarg1

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #186 on: 04 May 2022, 19:36:59 »
Taking another look at Nova Command and trying to decide if A) I should vary it up instead of doing five Doom Coursers, and B) if I should pair them with something other than LRM Gnomes...though I'm not sure what.

Minotaur 3's with B model as support? Could even add Buraq to the mix... You can also throw in some Salamanders riding for funsies.

Ideal? Probably not, confusing? Oh yeah!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #187 on: 04 May 2022, 23:16:18 »
Decided to swap two of the Doom Coursers for Hels, for the versatility. Still not sure re: the Gnomes, but in order to justify attaching Protos I'd need to have magclamp Protos riding the Omnis, and the only qualifying one that isn't as fast or faster is the Minotaur P2, a Proto I don't think would fit well here.

- Klarg1

tassa_kay

• Lieutenant
  • Blood cries for blood.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #188 on: 23 September 2022, 12:48:23 »
When you have a Horde Cluster it refers to its doctrine more so than its make up.

That's absolutely not true. Horde Clusters are specifically about their make-up: they're comprised of a Mangudai Trinary, a Tulughma Trinary, and a support Supernova.
My Personal Unit: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah, Clan Hell's Horses Nightmare Galaxy [WIP]

Favorite Factions: Capellan ConfederationClan Blood SpiritClan Smoke JaguarClan Hell's HorsesDraconis CombineRasalhague DominionRim Worlds RepublicMagistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Ki-linn Liao • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • The Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Warrior House White Tiger • The Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #189 on: 26 November 2022, 00:43:37 »
I can't recall if I brought it up here before, but I decided to work up a Scorpion Empire Seeker Cluster that will be making a cameo in the New Exford campaign. Just finished up the latest draft of it, and would love to get some feedback. Please note that unlike in canon, I've decided that the Scorpions still use ProtoMechs, so their inclusion is not an error on my part.

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #190 on: 29 November 2022, 09:07:06 »
Okay, new draft of those Scorpions, now with possibly entirely too many ProtoMechs (four Stars worth!).

- Klarg1

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2815
« Reply #191 on: 07 December 2022, 19:10:22 »
Seems like a well-rounded and capable unit, able to handle about any task asked of it. Which makes sense for the well-traveled Seekers. I especially like the Society equipment, the Sun Spider inclusions, and the fluffy use of some SLDF designs.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #192 on: 09 December 2022, 03:16:20 »
As of the end of the session this evening, the first scenario of the New Exford arc is seven turns deep and fire is finally beginning to be exchanged.

I can't upload a snapshot with a decent resolution, so here's a link: Scenario 01, Turn 07
« Last Edit: 09 December 2022, 03:24:32 by Kojak »

- Klarg1

Register