Register Register

Author Topic: House Ma-Tsu Kai (3145)  (Read 33728 times)

Kojak

• Major
  • Neither sleet nor hail nor LRMs
Re: House Ma-Tsu Kai (3145)
« Reply #90 on: 28 February 2021, 04:23:38 »
At this point, I'll take what I can get.  xp

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #91 on: 22 October 2021, 02:08:32 »
I've finally been able to resume my weekly Thursday night game, and tonight I got in my first session since March. It feels good to be back in the saddle.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #92 on: 12 November 2021, 03:09:39 »
I have newfound respect for Clean Kill. They have been far and away more formidable than I ever anticipated. Alternatively, maybe I just suck? Anyway, reinforcements have been called in. The remains of Clean Kill have fallen back in good order and are digging in for another round of slug-outs, but the numbers are beginning to tell.

- Klarg1

Deathknight69

• Lieutenant
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #93 on: 13 November 2021, 22:46:00 »
Looks great Kojak.

Damn I wish I could get MM to work for me !! I'm a computer sloth/slug
TLR2-O Templar Omni-Mech -> Gotta Have  & Luv It!!
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2815
« Reply #94 on: 14 November 2021, 16:22:21 »
Kojak, this is an absolutely fantastic read-through. I'm sorry I've been ignorant of this thread and campaign the last 7 years, as it seems like a great time. I *really* like your style with how you come up with and present scenarios and background for them. Eagerly looking forward to more!
« Last Edit: 14 November 2021, 21:27:14 by Crimson Dynamo »
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #95 on: 29 November 2021, 23:19:42 »
Kojak, this is an absolutely fantastic read-through. I'm sorry I've been ignorant of this thread and campaign the last 7 years, as it seems like a great time. I *really* like your style with how you come up with and present scenarios and background for them. Eagerly looking forward to more!

Thank you for the kind words! The next session will be the Thursday after this one, and I'll be sure to post at least one screenshot as usual.

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #96 on: 10 December 2021, 02:03:30 »

- Klarg1

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #97 on: 10 December 2021, 09:47:55 »
I think that qualifies for the coveted "Nothing But A Scorch Mark On The Ground" award.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #98 on: 10 December 2021, 16:28:39 »
Holy damn. J.J. sure took care of his own cremation.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #99 on: 11 December 2021, 01:22:07 »
The phrase "aaah, boom" comes to mind
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #100 on: 17 December 2021, 01:27:06 »

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #101 on: 17 January 2022, 16:17:11 »
I wrapped up this game Thursday night, and then Friday I got T-boned while at work and have spent the weekend recovering from a pretty gnarly concussion. Gonna take a crack at doing the write-up today but no promises.

- Klarg1

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #102 on: 17 January 2022, 16:41:47 »
I'm very sorry to hear that. Feel better!

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #103 on: 18 January 2022, 00:15:54 »
I wrapped up this game Thursday night, and then Friday I got T-boned while at work and have spent the weekend recovering from a pretty gnarly concussion. Gonna take a crack at doing the write-up today but no promises.
Damm.. get better soon
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #104 on: 18 January 2022, 18:09:45 »
Relax take it easy, i've had concussion before and you really need to rest for a week.
Hope it all works out well. :beer:
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #105 on: 19 January 2022, 03:31:52 »
I'm working on the write-up at the moment, and I've come to a tough decision. One of the prisoners the Warrior House took is Moon Tanaka, the highest-ranking officer of the turncoat Home Guard. But I can't decide if the Warrior House would keep her in order to hand over to the Mask for processing (she might be an extremely valuable intel source), or just execute her for betraying the Lorix Order and the Chancellor.

- Klarg1

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #106 on: 19 January 2022, 05:18:59 »
Let the Mask squeeze her dry, and then execute her.

Have the Mask (and the Warrior House) tell her that if she doesn´t cooperate to the fullest extent with her Mask interrogators, they will hand her over to the Warrior House for execution. No need to tell her that they have every intention to hand her over anyway once she is of no more use to them.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #107 on: 20 January 2022, 01:03:07 »
EN PASSANT

TMM Cargo DropPort 21-Gamma, The Ring Knuckle
Laconis, Victoria Commonality
Capellan Confederation
12 August 3145

While the Red Chasseurs further invested themselves around Fort Brown and mobilized a detachment to assault the Warrior House's assembly area, the Capellans were already on the move. Deploying far faster than Taurian planners had anticipated, they sortied an entire augmented battalion before the Chasseurs could move to hit them at the base of the Bronze Combe, the narrow mountain valley that led down from the Acropolis. Led by Lien-zhang Viktor Luschik, the Capellans vectored in on a private DropPort owned by Tauris Majoris Mining, which was also the current base of Clean Kill. They aimed to finally knock the mercenaries out of the conflict once and for all, removing the wild card they had thus far represented from the table.

Unfortunately for the Capellans, Taurian scouts spotted their force en route and warned Clean Kill. When the Warrior House troops arrived, they found the mercs dug in with trenches, artillery and 'Mech-scale defensive earthworks. Lien-zhangs Luschik and Wei took their companies into the teeth of the defenders, drawing their attention. Once they were fully engaged, at bloody cost to the Warrior House, the infamous assault company Jana's Revenge struck with a flanking maneuver that drove the mercenaries out of position, their trademark trio of imposing Yu Huang assault 'Mechs leading the vanguard. Simultaneously, the VTOLs of Lien-zhang Cristobal Hong swung around the line of battle to hit their opponents' artillery, discharging over thirty Amazon battlesuits onto the nearly defenseless Snipers and Catapults and raining a hail of missile and laser fire on them from their Aerons and Yashas.

Clean Kill refused to go down without a fight: the hardscrabble mercs fell back to a second set of prepared positions, forcing the Capellans to dig them out. But they were outnumbered and outgunned, and with their artillery out of commission, defeat was inevitable. After Captain Minka Synek's Griffin was brought down by swarming Ying Long battlesuits, the last few mercenaries powered down and surrendered. Among the captured was the treasonous Home Guard Zhong-shao, Moon Tanaka, whose Thunder had been one of the last BattleMechs to fall. She was turned over to the Warrior House's Maskirovka contingent, who would undoubtedly find her a valuable source of intelligence on the Taurian invaders.

With the DropPort in hand, the Capellans were now in a position to launch the final offensive to break the siege of Fort Brown. However, much would depend on the outcome of the battle no doubt already playing out, as Red Chasseurs tanks and BattleMechs moved to cut off the only approach to the Acropolis...
« Last Edit: 01 April 2022, 02:30:23 by Kojak »

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #108 on: 20 January 2022, 01:05:50 »

« Last Edit: 20 January 2022, 01:16:11 by Kojak »

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #109 on: 20 January 2022, 02:23:09 »
It's a bit more labor intensive, but I hope y'all enjoy the new format I'm using that seeks to preserve the awesome work the MegaMek team has done in creating such vivid victory screens with the addition of the damaged unit sprites.

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #110 on: 26 January 2022, 01:40:17 »
Alright, I'm putting together the opfor for the next scenario. It's going to be two Red Chasseurs 'Mech companies, which I've already selected, backed by a tank company, which I'm having trouble deciding on. Here's the Taurian 'Mech portion of the force:

1st Company
Mad Dog Mk. IV
Warhammer IIC 8
Rifleman IIC 8
Mad Cat III

Yu Huang Y-H9G
Yu Huang Y-H9G
Banshee BNC-3Mr
Banshee BNC-3Mr

Griffin GRF-4N
Griffin GRF-4N
Phoenix Hawk PXH-4W
Phoenix Hawk PXH-4W

2nd Company
Grand Titan T-IT-N11M
Warhammer WHM-6Rb
Archer ARC-6W
Archer ARC-6W

Black Hawk
Black Hawk
Black Hawk
Black Hawk

Valkyrie VLK-QT2
Valkyrie VLK-QT2
Valkyrie VLK-QT2
Valkyrie VLK-QT2

So the first question is, for the armor company to accompany them, do I go tracked, hover or VTOL?

For reference, I'm going to be using the 64x68 map titled 'Colt Ward Pass' in MegaMek.
« Last Edit: 26 January 2022, 01:47:24 by Kojak »

- Klarg1

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #111 on: 26 January 2022, 21:01:55 »
I might say a mix of hover and VTOL, like a cavalry-type unit? Looks like the 'Mech companies can put holes into anything in front of them, though these only have the Valks as a dedicated scouting/screening element. If the TDF commander is going to use his 'Mechs as the main thrust, I'd assume they'd want to pad out their pickets and flank units to limit any Capellan shenanigans while all those expensive 'Mechs do their thing.

EDIT: Plus, it would be fluffy if this is a reaction force trying to head off any Capellan relief of the TDF siege.
« Last Edit: 26 January 2022, 21:05:05 by Crimson Dynamo »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #112 on: 27 January 2022, 09:23:32 »
Well the 12th Armor Recon should have calvary style vehicles...

Plainsman
Drillson
Condor
Saladin

Lots of goodies...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #113 on: 28 January 2022, 02:23:21 »
I might say a mix of hover and VTOL, like a cavalry-type unit? Looks like the 'Mech companies can put holes into anything in front of them, though these only have the Valks as a dedicated scouting/screening element. If the TDF commander is going to use his 'Mechs as the main thrust, I'd assume they'd want to pad out their pickets and flank units to limit any Capellan shenanigans while all those expensive 'Mechs do their thing.

EDIT: Plus, it would be fluffy if this is a reaction force trying to head off any Capellan relief of the TDF siege.

I think this makes a lot of sense -- so I'm gonna take half a dozen VTOLs and half a dozen hovertanks from the 12th Armor Cavalry's Third Battalion to form a couple of ad hoc platoons.

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #114 on: 28 January 2022, 02:35:04 »
Alright, built the Red Chasseurs' .mul, comes out to just shy of 63K BV. This is gonna be a good fight.

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #115 on: 30 January 2022, 01:26:55 »
Finally got my hands on some better glue for mini repairs and cleared the repair bay, so to speak. Among the newly repaired are these two new acquisitions:

Shiao-zhang Damien Liu's Tian-zong

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #116 on: 30 January 2022, 01:28:28 »

Yu Huang from Jana's Revenge (Third Company, First Battalion)

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #117 on: 04 March 2022, 04:08:18 »
A few turns into the latest scenario, and I thought I'd share some pics of how the battlefield is shaping up.

The main Capellan defensive position, at the mouth of the combe.

Gun trailers set up in support, with Bulwarks captured during the Carbonis campaign and crewed by Warrior House aspirants moving to reinforce.

The more mobile Capellan lances skirmishing with the Taurian attackers as they approach.

The main Red Chasseurs gun line marches toward the Capellan defenders.

Another company of Warrior House aspirants, piloting salvaged Oriente and Regulan 'Mechs, emerge from their hiding place in the river depths to hit the Taurians in the flank.

- Klarg1

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #118 on: 04 March 2022, 06:23:17 »
Got some great violence going on there. Let's see where it goes
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Kojak

• Major
« Reply #119 on: 04 March 2022, 19:57:22 »
Yeah, hopefully it doesn't turn into as much of a meatgrinder as the previous scenario.

- Klarg1