Register Register

Author Topic: Need help!! Anyone good with photo editing  (Read 925 times)

Drewbacca

• Major
Need help!! Anyone good with photo editing
« on: 18 March 2021, 03:02:48 »
I am looking for someone with more skill than I have to create an image for me.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Need help!! Anyone good with photo editing
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2021, 03:42:06 »
That sounds more like art than photo editing. I can take existing mini pics, tighten them up, correct colours, that sort of thing, but not original creation.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2021, 04:14:36 »
What I am looking for is someone who can take the Scorpion Empire symbol, the new one and put a globe over the sun but behind the scorpion.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2021, 05:09:34 »
Doable - you'd just need to select the sun and then paste the desired globe into the picture with the sun selected.  That would leave the scorpion in the foreground.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2021, 05:30:08 »
Thanks, Mendrugo. I will have to see if I can find a decent photo editor to do this with

Kasaga

• Warrant Officer
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
« Reply #5 on: 18 March 2021, 07:02:06 »
Thanks, Mendrugo. I will have to see if I can find a decent photo editor to do this with

Adobe suite is like $20 a month you get access to everything including Photoshop and illustrator.

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #6 on: 18 March 2021, 10:26:55 »
And GIMP is free. (As are the forks.) These days there might even be an online one that can do that, although I've been using GIMP for years, so haven't checked.

(If you don't manage to get it sorted in the next couple of days, drop me a message with the two bits of artwork you want combining, and I'll give it a bash for you.)
« Last Edit: 18 March 2021, 10:28:26 by Simon Landmine »
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2021, 03:35:15 »
And GIMP is free. (As are the forks.) These days there might even be an online one that can do that, although I've been using GIMP for years, so haven't checked.

(If you don't manage to get it sorted in the next couple of days, drop me a message with the two bits of artwork you want combining, and I'll give it a bash for you.)

Seeing as my laptop just crashed I think I will take you up on that.

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #8 on: 20 March 2021, 08:01:51 »
How about these? I did one where the globe replaces the centre of the sun, and one where it obscures the entire sun, including the sunburst spikes, and one that was between the two, so you get a slightly bigger globe, but still some sunburst.
Of course, the darkness of the globe does mean that the scorpion doesn't stand out as much - I could tweak the lightness of the globe to make it paler, if you'd prefer - just let me know which globe size you'd want tweaking.
« Last Edit: 20 March 2021, 08:04:17 by Simon Landmine »

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 20 March 2021, 10:03:48 »
Wow, those are all great. Thank you.

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #10 on: 20 March 2021, 11:02:51 »
No problem!

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #11 on: 03 April 2021, 06:15:08 »
The contrast was bugging (haha) me, so I tweaked it slightly to make the scorpion a touch clearer ...   :))

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 03 April 2021, 10:44:15 »
The contrast was bugging (haha) me, so I tweaked it slightly to make the scorpion a touch clearer ...   :))
Nice

MsAkagi

• Recruit
« Reply #13 on: 14 April 2021, 15:01:06 »
Find yourself useful apps for photo editing! A simple Google search will make you understand what I mean. I mean most of the classic applications for the editing like Picasa or Photoshop too hard to navigate most of the time. I'm not a professional when it comes to using them myself and for simple tasks like colorizing black and white photos easily I have found much simpler applications that I can use on my phone instead of spending time to download cracked software for just a simple task.
« Last Edit: 16 April 2021, 14:33:34 by MsAkagi »

Register