Register Register

Author Topic: PeaceTech Mercs: Well, not exactly - but help me create a Republic era unit  (Read 2596 times)

Nav_Alpha

• Major
So, the BA rides in the mechs? Otherwise you are short on transport.

I do not like the manticore/myrmidon lance since I do not think it has a lot of synergy, and does not complement each other too well. But the general organisation looks fine.

Each Ripper (infantry) can carry a BA platoon - so four squads split between two choppers works.
I figured the jump infantry work rear area security, watch the LZ, etc and can deploy as required

I see your point about the armoured lance.
What would you recommend instead?

As a random thought, replace the Small Lasers on the IS Standards with Flamers. You get a lot more utility from them; heat damage, setting fires, smoke and so on.

Not a bad idea. I might swap out one squad for flamers - give that platoon some versatility.

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Iron Grenadier

• Warrant Officer
Can the Ripper carry that much? I thought it was just a single squad?

Could go with a former WoB Pinto VTOL.

On the rest of the armor, I'd prefer fast hovertanks to give the unit some speed. If you keep the Ripper's, maybe use Bandit hovertanks? Those can carry all the BA.

Elmoth

• Captain
  • Periphery fanboy
Gor messing with the enemy in direct firefights you have the infantry and mecha. Vehicles show of be support assets. Either for exploration or long range fire. Or both. I suggested the lrm hovers for that. Inwould also take a VTOL able to lift the jump infantry. They are useful to do human sized stuff,
including info and perdonnretrie al, and driving all the loot you will be carrying, something that BA is not do good at.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
Just went and looked at TRO: 3050... the Ripper has only a 4 tonne bay. Same as the Cavalry (infantry).
So, maybe the Pinto?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Well everyone doesn't seem to like the Armour Lance...

May I make a Compromise?

Check on the Support version.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Nav_Alpha

• Major
Well everyone doesn't seem to like the Armour Lance...

May I make a Compromise?

Check on the Support version.

TT

And the Wob version comes with an even bigger infantry bay, too...

I’m thinking I’ll swap out the three VTOLs for three Pinto (Wob), claiming they as salvage taken from the Protectorate.
That allows me to carry everything.

The armoured lance is a question mark though.

Elmoth

• Captain
  • Periphery fanboy
You are using the VTOLs as recon? Otherwise better hovers.

The thing is that you can cram 3x combat ready light vehicles per bay, while standard vehicles are one per bay. So a lance of manticores, prowlers et al occupy the same carrying capacity as a reinforced company of vehicles. Or a company and the necessary recovery vehicle.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
No Elmoth, your wrong.

Each bay may only carry up to the listed weight, and nothing else.

Light Bay : up to ONE ( 1 ) Vehicle weighing up to 50 Tons.

Heavy Bay : up to ONE ( 1 ) Vehicle weighing up to 100 Tons.

Now saying that, some exceptions are allowed...

Like : Heavy Recovery Vehicle, carrying a Recovery Vehicle, carrying another unit. ( BUT ) that's cheating....

I know, I've used that rule once... Heavy version to carry a standard version that carried a Saladin Cargo that had a VTOL onboard.

But you cannot use more than one vehicle per bay, unless the unit in question uses it's cargo capacity to transport cargo! And only the main unit can operate safely, the others can't load and unload from the bay....

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Nav_Alpha

• Major
That was my understanding, yeah - one vehicle per bay.

Register