Register Register

Author Topic: The Scions of Outreach - Trial Through Fire (3067-3072)  (Read 12787 times)

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
Re: The Scions of Outreach - Trial Through Fire (3067-3072)
« Reply #30 on: 02 November 2021, 03:52:22 »
Cool evolution of the unit through actual games
Below are links to my fan fiction pages.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-(full)/

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-full-part-2/

As always please enjoy and if you have any questions about my AU (or want to chat about ideas I could incorporate into it) feel free to PM me.

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #31 on: 11 November 2021, 18:51:55 »
Whoops. Been meaning to respond to this. Heh.
Yeah, it's been interesting to say the least. When I started, I was working with, "What I rolled." As things progressed I was able to shop for things to make the unit a bit more cohesive, and it's worked out so far. Of course, I also made sure not to pick up anything with limited availability to me. Made that mistake with the Perseus, started to convert it to my own variant, only to watch it get cored.

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #32 on: 08 September 2022, 10:57:11 »
The command is still at it. After pretty much abandoning Burning Bridges back in November (Seriously, the odds were so stacked against me it wasn't even worth playing out,) we picked back up this past May with Shift Change. I sadly did not take notes on that game, and nothing really stands out at the top of my head. I might update this once I gander at my Chaos Campaign tracking sheet.
Edit: Right. After some bad losses with Burning Bridges, I decided to cheeseball this one in unit selection. I had as an ally, a Dire Wolf H piloted by Ajax Drummond (Mission said he typically piloted Dire Wolves...) Between his Elite skill level, T-Comp, Clan-spec Gauss, and a high hill to sit on he carried most of the work. I still came out with some damage, but he delivered some Gauss-based head-removals.

The following Supply Run mission cost me the life of one of my long standing Mechwarriors. I was facing Green troops, but they were rather heavy. I had the Firestarter Omni, the Bandit "Brotherhood", the Cicada 3G, and the Watchman. OpFor had some stuff... The important stuff was a Marauder 9M. The Heavy PPC was scary, even with weather conditions bringing his to-hit numbers to hail Mary levels. And it was the penultimate turn of the game that saw a pair of double boxcars end the career of Russ Carrasco.

We're fairly lenient on salvage (following the rules in TC, salvage is available as long as a single objective is met and the scenario does not say otherwise,) so the 'Mech was recovered, despite the fact that my force didn't technically own the field at the end of the mission.

The astute of you may notice two Omni variants that are not official. Easy peasy answer here is: The Avatar AV1-ORT is the base Avatar with two Arrow IV (Split between arm and torso), a ton of ammo each, and a pair of medium lasers added. The Firestarter FS9-OWC is heavily equipped for anti-infantry work (one might be able to extrapolate what the WC stands for from that.) The sheet is at home, so I can't give specifics off-hand, again will update later. Update: Plasma Rifle with two tons of ammo, Four MGs in an MGA with a half ton of ammo, an SPL, and a Beagle Active Probe (while it can't detect hidden infantry, it still keeps the Firestarter's role as a Scout.)

I think the next scenario this command will be running is Acid Rain, but I will have to re-read the mission to make absolutely sure it's what I want to do. I might have taken the generic mission to skip past it but keep the same route.
« Last Edit: 08 September 2022, 21:54:03 by Azakael »

Register