Register Register

Author Topic: Anime/Grand M@sterthread - 86 gacha rolls & still no FMP Finale  (Read 29474 times)

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
Re: Anime/Grand M@sterthread - 86 gacha rolls & still no FMP Finale
« Reply #420 on: 11 December 2021, 12:40:13 »
RIP Keiko Nobumoto. 
Star Captain John Kerensky, 7th Battle Cluster (The Blood-Drinkers), Gamma Galaxy, Clan Wolf 

Chu-sa Jiro Takahashi, 11th Legion of Vega (Swiftness of Wind), Draconis Combine

ANS Kamas P81

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #421 on: 13 December 2021, 02:08:06 »
Anyone watching Blade Runner: Black Lotus this season?

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #422 on: 13 December 2021, 12:58:29 »
Anyone watching Blade Runner: Black Lotus this season?

Yes, although I’m a couple episodes behind.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

ANS Kamas P81

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #423 on: 15 December 2021, 11:29:10 »
Episode 17...then a recap episode.  Episode 18...then another recap episode. Episode 19...and then no episode.

Is something horribly wrong at A-1 Pictures?  86 is having some serious issues, it seems...

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Maskirovka - Always another card to play...
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #424 on: 15 December 2021, 15:44:10 »
Is something horribly wrong at A-1 Pictures?

Yeah, they aren't working on Kaguya S3 yet!  ;D

Yes, something clearly went wrong. They seem to be fixing it, though, despite the delays. So long as the quality holds, I'm fone with every other week.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #425 on: 23 December 2021, 22:49:43 »
They have posted the OP for Girls Front Line (or Dolls Front Line) and I am interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMBRGPOJ4lU&t=110s
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

monbvol

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Flogging will continue until morale improves
« Reply #426 on: 23 December 2021, 22:59:09 »
They have posted the OP for Girls Front Line (or Dolls Front Line) and I am interested.

Yeah I may actually have to make an effort to keep an eye out for that one.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #427 on: 24 December 2021, 07:53:50 »
Never managed to play that one.  My phone's storage couldn't handle it and Azur Lane at the same time.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #428 on: 24 December 2021, 10:39:34 »
I played for a bit, the gacha success rates were what made me drop it after a while.  Still have a AR pic or 2 I snapped of some of the girls on my phone.  Plus I missed the chance to get Styer.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #429 on: 24 December 2021, 11:59:39 »
Did it come out as manga or a game?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #430 on: 24 December 2021, 12:07:44 »
Originally as a mobile game.  Anime is 2022.

Did it come out as manga or a game?

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #431 on: 25 December 2021, 01:03:57 »
Well, pretty much all the series I have been following ended this week

Mushoku Tensei: They basically covered Books 1-6 and did a pretty good job with the adaptation; been reading the series before the Anime even got announced and am waiting for Book 15s release next year. I understand why they ended the first season where they and am curious to see how the handle S2 given the next few arcs are pretty heavy; especially when Rudeus gets to the Magical Academy.

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated As An Aristocrat: Good series and am tempted to read the Light Novels since I have no clue of there will be a S2; hard to believe that this series was done by the same author as "Redo of the Healer" . I generally don't like OP Isekai characters but tolerated this one given that the MC was an Assassin before his reincarnation.

Mieruko-Chan: I liked this series and hope for a continuation given that it slightly left it on a cliffhanger.

Duke of Death and His Maid: Really liked this one and hope for a S2 since there is a good deal of questions unresolved. I really want to know about the connections between the Duke's family and the Witch that cursed him; why was he targeted and not Alice?

The Faraway Paladin and 86 are still going on so still following those series.

Dec 31, we get a Lord El-Melloi Special: I really wish that particular light novels series would come to the West
« Last Edit: 25 December 2021, 01:10:08 by Darth Nichos »
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #432 on: 25 December 2021, 12:22:20 »
86 S2 Ep10 was really good. Too bad we have to wait to March 12th and 19th for next episodes.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2021, 15:06:12 by Mecha82 »
Star Captain John Kerensky, 7th Battle Cluster (The Blood-Drinkers), Gamma Galaxy, Clan Wolf 

Chu-sa Jiro Takahashi, 11th Legion of Vega (Swiftness of Wind), Draconis Combine

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #433 on: 27 December 2021, 07:50:01 »
86 has slowed down production issues?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #434 on: 27 December 2021, 08:21:22 »
Yep, they were airing every other week since mid season, and now the last few episodes are delayed three months
« Last Edit: 29 December 2021, 09:35:01 by MadCapellan »

kato

• Captain
« Reply #435 on: 30 December 2021, 19:47:22 »
From the previews, it kind of feels like Shoji Kawamori does Gurren Lagann. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
In hindsight to me Sakugan felt like someone sorta attempted to remix Gurren Lagann to become a Kino no Tabi style universe-building storytale, with added random minor elements that really went all over the place.

kato

• Captain
« Reply #436 on: 30 December 2021, 20:36:48 »
Short look at some of the new season:

Hakozume / Police in a Pod : Someone apparently looked at his classic anime collection and decided You're Under Arrest can be reworked as the basis for a slice-of-life show about a pair of female police officers. From what it sounds it's not comedy-focused though. Animation Madhouse.

Leadale no Daichi nite / In the Land of Leadale : Latest iteration of currently fashionable female isekai literature that has been adapted to anime to push manga sales. It's one of those "top player reincarnates into game but there's all those differences" isekai. Won't be the only one of that kind next season either.

Actually not sure there's much else of interest. Bunch of isekai where i read the manga and otherwise a bunch of continuations like Arifureta, Takagi-san or Genjitsushugi Yuusha. Let's not even mention the random odd ones next season like a girl sports slice-of-life anime about ... golf.

Oh, and we get a splattering of mobage and other ads. Including one for a niche Sega arcade game that's been around for over 5 years. Yay.

elf25s

• Major
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

elf25s

• Major
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

DarkSpade

• Major
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

kato

• Captain
« Reply #440 on: 01 January 2022, 12:31:37 »
ok looks like after long wait we are getting a lum anime
They're reanimating the original Urusei Yatsura series in a condensed format with "selected episodes" forming "four cours" - meaning 25% of the old series, at the same pacing. At least that's how i'd interpret Erabi nuka reta gensaku episōdo o 4 kūru ni watatte terebi anime-ka! (Dai 1-ki 2022-nen hōsō yotei) on the website for the project.

It's an anniversary project for the 100th anniversary of Shogakukan, i.e. the publishers of Urusei Yatsura (and one of the four big manga publishers). For some reason they got the animation studio and director that did some of JoJo, which just strikes me as ... odd.

So there's still hope for No Game No Life fans?
In July this year we'll get a second season for Hataraku Maou-sama. Nine years after the first season.
« Last Edit: 01 January 2022, 12:33:48 by kato »

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #441 on: 01 January 2022, 17:10:54 »
It's an anniversary project for the 100th anniversary of Shogakukan, i.e. the publishers of Urusei Yatsura (and one of the four big manga publishers). For some reason they got the animation studio and director that did some of JoJo, which just strikes me as ... odd.

You say that like Jojo isn't also a Showa era shonen manga!  ;D

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #442 on: 03 January 2022, 08:08:56 »

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #443 on: 04 January 2022, 21:23:53 »
Watched the "Case Files of Lord El-Melloi II" special; as someone who is still an amateur to the Nasuverse, I was caught by surprise by having Touko Aozaki as the antagonist somewhat. I was also surprised by her appearance compared to her role in the Kara No Kyokai anime; she seemed older back then compared to the special.

Am I wrong?
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #444 on: 09 January 2022, 16:45:09 »
One show to grab my attention this season is Baraou no Soretsu/Requiem of the Rose King, essentially an anime adaptation of Richard III. As a sucker for both anime & European history, I'm onboard with this flowery adaptation of the War of the Roses (pun intended). I'm interested to see what sort of stylistic spins they put on the classic story.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #445 on: 09 January 2022, 17:39:47 »
Binged SAO:Gun Gale Online, Sweetness and Lightning, Restaurant in another World season 2 and all of the Haiyore! Nyarko-san series and shorts over the past week and a half.  Good stuff, I even remember watching some fansubbed on actual release time.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #446 on: 09 January 2022, 21:52:17 »
Finished Komi.   I liked it and will watch more if there's a second season, but animating it didn't really bring anything new to it so I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't get another season.

Started watching Cowboy Bebop.   It's good and I can see why so many people liked it, but with the way people put it on a pedestal when the live action was announced, I expected far far more. If anything, I'm now even more upset the live action isn't getting a second season.  Wouldn't say I liked one over the other so far though.  Both are/were good.

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #447 on: 09 January 2022, 23:10:00 »
apparently Nezuko has hit a whole new level of pissed off....  :o I'm not sure how I feel that her Demon power upgrade comes with a free boob job though..... its like she aged 10 years in an instant   ???
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #448 on: 17 January 2022, 07:29:07 »
now i had not seen the original anime but the remake of it as a live action has me curious
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-01-01/philippines-gma-network-streams-new-video-for-live-action-voltes-v-legacy-series/.181163
What the.....I guess there a need to mimic Power Rangers success. This certainly up scaled wee bit. 
Part me is upset because I am hardcore mech anime fan. 

Resurrection of Urusei Yatsura is not something I can see being done right. 
The original run was so unconventional and arguably political incorrect in sort of way and crazy amount parody. It will be hard pressed to live up to that with their sense of humor.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2022, 20:37:23 by Wrangler »

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #449 on: 17 January 2022, 12:16:08 »
First 2 episodes of AoT Final Season Part 2 has been really good. Sure as manga reader I am mostly watching it to see scenes from manga get animated and how they might change some things but still. With Ep2 some AoT fans are focusing on Yelena's scary face towards Armin but then again AoT fandom isn't known from being among more sensible anime fandoms.

Register