Register Register

Author Topic: Anime/Grand M@sterthread - 86 gacha rolls & still no FMP Finale  (Read 30190 times)

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Re: Anime/Grand M@sterthread - 86 gacha rolls & still no FMP Finale
« Reply #450 on: 23 January 2022, 12:50:24 »
Picked up another classic (mostly because it was cheap and I needed to replace my old vhs tape): Riding Bean

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #451 on: 26 January 2022, 13:07:20 »
ok normally not my cup of tea but,,,,
the vampire dies in no time/ kyuuketsuki sigu shinu
hot my funny bone bit of one off maze and dragon half with a twist
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #452 on: 30 January 2022, 19:57:57 »
One show to grab my attention this season is Baraou no Soretsu/Requiem of the Rose King, essentially an anime adaptation of Richard III. As a sucker for both anime & European history, I'm onboard with this flowery adaptation of the War of the Roses (pun intended). I'm interested to see what sort of stylistic spins they put on the classic story.

This has also caught my interest though I have been reluctant to start it; how is it so far? When it comes to Anime adaptations of European Historical Events, they tend to be on the more "fantasy" side of things instead of an actual Historical Event.

Watching Princess Connect Re-Dive; I'm confused- is this an Isekai?
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #453 on: 30 January 2022, 21:01:07 »

As I understand, it's based on the mobile game.  The Male lead is the player character and has amnesia as a way to explain why the player doesn't know squat about the world.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Maskirovka - Always another card to play...
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #454 on: 30 January 2022, 21:18:05 »
This has also caught my interest though I have been reluctant to start it; how is it so far? When it comes to Anime adaptations of European Historical Events, they tend to be on the more "fantasy" side of things instead of an actual Historical Event.

Nothing more fanciful so far than the ghost hauntings already present in Shakespeare.....

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #455 on: 31 January 2022, 13:35:48 »
Yes, of the 'trapped in a video game' variety. With bonus memory manipulation. That said, the anime hasnt quite gotten to the point of making that explicit yet, although there's been lots of hints. The mobile game actually spills the beans on that a lot sooner.

Charlie Tango

• Big Shoulders Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • Facing Nemesis
« Reply #456 on: 01 February 2022, 13:18:45 »

For those who haven't seen it, "Belle" (the new film from Hosoda Mamoru) is really, really good.
Catalyst Game Labs Demo Agent #310
MW Yuki Yamamori, WTH-1 Whitworth, 1st Striker Star, Alpha Trinary, Battle Corps Legion

"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #457 on: 13 February 2022, 18:40:44 »
went back and watched metropolis still love the music track ...it just fits it so good
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #458 on: 21 February 2022, 15:28:49 »
ok bit old and love the sound design on this still
yokohama kaidashi kikou
still upset that it only had 4 episodes....lol

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #459 on: 21 February 2022, 15:58:19 »
"My Dress Up Darling" has had a suprisingly good relationship development between the two leads. I really liked how the writers have grown it.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #460 on: 21 February 2022, 17:44:53 »
"My Dress Up Darling" has had a suprisingly good relationship development between the two leads. I really liked how the writers have grown it.

Started watching that one recently.  Looks very promising.  I think they could have made her a fan of something other than an adult game and still had the same affect, but I will admit it's resulted in some really good laughs.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #461 on: 21 February 2022, 18:26:00 »
If you've never met a girl into adult games, you need to get out more. Pretty common in cosplay circles. Bisque Doll is very true to life, gal falling for the protagonist aside.  ;D

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #462 on: 21 February 2022, 21:00:26 »
If you've never met a girl into adult games, you need to get out more.

No way. I'm staying inside.  I may be lonely, but I'm warm.

But yeah, I've met my fair share of girls into such things.  I could just do without another reason to watch the volume on my TV when watching anime.  Though to be fair, I'm sure even the innocent stuff probably gets a raised eyebrow from people walking through the hall now and then.

ANS Kamas P81

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #463 on: 21 February 2022, 22:18:53 »
ok bit old and love the sound design on this still
yokohama kaidashi kikou
still upset that it only had 4 episodes....lol
My favorite manga series by a longshot, and the OVA is quite good though damn there should have been so much more.  In a perfect world, etc.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #464 on: 21 February 2022, 22:29:45 »
No way. I'm staying inside.  I may be lonely, but I'm warm.

But yeah, I've met my fair share of girls into such things.  I could just do without another reason to watch the volume on my TV when watching anime.  Though to be fair, I'm sure even the innocent stuff probably gets a raised eyebrow from people walking through the hall now and then.

I've seen some hilarious anime out of context videos on YouTube.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #465 on: 22 February 2022, 10:57:03 »
My favorite manga series by a longshot, and the OVA is quite good though damn there should have been so much more.  In a perfect world, etc.
yep...
rare to come across something that just...fits so comfy

elf25s

• Major

TheoLehman

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #467 on: 23 February 2022, 15:08:23 »
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-02-23/nier-automata-action-rpg-gets-tv-anime/.182928

i have meh vibe on this
Setting aside that I want to crawl up a wall every time someone says Nier: Automata is an RPG, I'm not sure how well the story lends itself to a non-interactive experience.  Is it going to be like The World Ends with You, where the anime is just telling us the game's story again?  Because that would be... a choice.
Or is it going to follow on from the canonical ending?  That would probably make more sense.
Are characters going to shift jarringly between 2D and 3D mid-scene like in TWEWY?  I couldn't watch past the first episode because of that.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #468 on: 23 February 2022, 18:22:52 »
I'm reminded of the book adaptation of Nier: Automata. 

As a fan who had recently finished the game with almost all significant endings (never beat moonface), I was desperate for any further lore I could get my hands on, and as such, thoroughly enjoyed the book.  It gave you some new back ground info, as well as characters' thoughts not given in the game.  I'd recommend it to anyone who's a fan. For anyone else, I would recommend avoiding it like the plague. The writing is a lower quality than I would expect form a middle school student.  There's literally a scene where they mention they'll need to figure out how to get onto the roof of a building, and in the next sentence they're jumping down through a hole they found on that roof.  Not only is that some horrible continuity, it's a crime that they'd skip the whole roller coaster scene.

While I'd like better, I'm expecting much of the same from this anime.  As a fan, I'll love seeing it, but I'll probably never recommend it to anyone.

For what it's worth, the other two Nier books were better.  I highly recommend the one with the short stories, but don't read it if you haven't finished the game yet.

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #469 on: 23 February 2022, 23:13:23 »
I just started Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans first season.
I'm up to episode 8. I like it so far.

Charlie Tango

• Big Shoulders Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • Facing Nemesis
« Reply #470 on: 25 February 2022, 04:25:30 »

Oh. 
Oh, my....

Spice and Wolf to Get New Anime Adaptation

I'd long since lost hope for a continuation, but a new adaptation might just be the next best thing.
Catalyst Game Labs Demo Agent #310
MW Yuki Yamamori, WTH-1 Whitworth, 1st Striker Star, Alpha Trinary, Battle Corps Legion

"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #471 on: 25 February 2022, 09:37:36 »
Oh. 
Oh, my....

I'd long since lost hope for a continuation, but a new adaptation might just be the next best thing.
YES! i hope they keep the music as it was from previous two

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #472 on: 25 February 2022, 09:54:48 »
YES! i hope they keep the music as it was from previous two

And Holo's english voice actor.  She was perfect. 

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #473 on: 25 February 2022, 11:51:21 »
And Holo's english voice actor.  She was perfect.
maybe...for some reason english dub grated on my ears and could not watch it because of it in dub.
but lets not start the dub sub wars...i am too old for this and was there in the begining

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #474 on: 25 February 2022, 12:05:09 »
The rest was of the caste was nothing to write home about (good or bad), but she was perfect. She did a better job than the Japanese actor, imo.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #475 on: 25 February 2022, 22:04:36 »
Oh. 
Oh, my....

I am very excited, especially since its sounds like it will indeed be a continuation and not a reboot.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #476 on: 25 February 2022, 22:10:11 »
In other news the US Marine Corps has always had a good public relations department. Even today most people think that the land fighting in the Pacific theater in WWII was mostly a Marine affair (even though the Army outnumbered them more than 3 to 1).

The USMC has now embraced anime with this recruiting poster.  8)
« Last Edit: 25 February 2022, 22:11:45 by Top Sergeant »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #477 on: 25 February 2022, 22:30:26 »
A recruiting poster depicting a character who's story was about being seriously wounded in combat and having to learn to deal with PTSD and other problems caused by being a child-soldier seems to be of questionable taste.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #478 on: 26 February 2022, 08:35:05 »
Everyone seems to assume this is Violet, but she just looks like Saber to me

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #479 on: 26 February 2022, 11:07:46 »
I am very excited, especially since its sounds like it will indeed be a continuation and not a reboot.

Even better. Would love it if they could finish up the story like the manga, or even another complete story.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Register