Register Register

Author Topic: Anime/Grand M@sterthread - 86 gacha rolls & still no FMP Finale  (Read 62516 times)

HeavyArmorMecha

• Sergeant
Re: Anime/Grand M@sterthread - 86 gacha rolls & still no FMP Finale
« Reply #900 on: 06 November 2022, 08:19:19 »
Witch from Mercury episode 6

We literally see Enhanced Imagine, and the pilot burnout...

And by the looks of it, Lady Prospera know exactly the pilots burnout, even if they survive the feedback data-storm...

And they say "21 years after the incident"... Yet Suletta is just 17...Nevermind, They're talking about another incident

So Suletta is clone and real Ericht is actually "uploaded" into Aerial!?
« Last Edit: 06 November 2022, 08:25:20 by HeavyArmorMecha »

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #901 on: 06 November 2022, 11:50:10 »
Thing is so far there is no indication that actual clones are thing since Elan 4 was body double rather than clone and he knew that he wasn't real. So he was more like Full Frontal than Raul. Way to got rid of him just like that because of his failure was messed up and showed that to them he wasn't person but test subject at best and product at worst.   
Star Captain John Kerensky, 7th Battle Cluster (The Blood-Drinkers), Gamma Galaxy, Clan Wolf 

Chu-sa Jiro Takahashi, 11th Legion of Vega (Swiftness of Wind), Draconis Combine

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #902 on: 06 November 2022, 13:01:53 »
I have to say that I've don't think we've had a Gundam series with this much mystery in its background before. Other series have had tidbits but not on this level; an excellent way to keep the viewers excited for the coming episodes.

As for Suletta being a clone; I'm not sure either way. Maybe the writers are having her not so much as a clone, but a artificial personality and the real Suletta had an accident where her soul/real self was absorbed into the Ariel; inspired by Evangelion.

Speaking of Evangelion; getting some serious Gendo Ikari vibes from Prospera; wonder if she views Suletta as her own version of Shinji/Rei
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #903 on: 06 November 2022, 16:33:13 »
Blue Destiny had the ghost in the shell format with Marion Welch being part of the EXAM system.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #904 on: 06 November 2022, 18:34:18 »
Suletta is not a clone or artificial person.  Signs point to the fact that she was implanted with all the EI/whatever stuff at a very early age and her brain adapted to it while she was growing up as why she's able to use it so well without the downsides other people suffer from.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #905 on: 12 November 2022, 19:13:54 »
No new episode of Gundam Witch From Mercury this week; apparently we're getting a recap episode with zero new content

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
« Reply #906 on: 12 November 2022, 23:03:27 »
Saw this on DeviantArt: a McDonald's advertisement at a train station in Tokyo, featuring Char from Mobile Suit Gundam.

https://www.deviantart.com/rlkitterman/art/McDonald-s-Burgers-for-Char-Aznable-Itabashi-920523928

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

ANS Kamas P81

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #907 on: 12 November 2022, 23:43:06 »
If you order your burgers well-done, they should have a nice Char to them.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #908 on: 13 November 2022, 00:33:51 »
Do they go through your system 3 times as fast?

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #909 on: 20 November 2022, 09:23:04 »
G-Witch is back and Ep7 had major plot development with Miorine creating new company and there also was character development moment for her when she abandoned her pride to do so.
Star Captain John Kerensky, 7th Battle Cluster (The Blood-Drinkers), Gamma Galaxy, Clan Wolf 

Chu-sa Jiro Takahashi, 11th Legion of Vega (Swiftness of Wind), Draconis Combine

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #910 on: 20 November 2022, 13:34:40 »
Things are getting pretty complex this early in the series; usually a Gundam series is pretty straight forward at first with the complexity occurring at the halfway point.

At this point, I really can't guess what is going to happen; other than a more than likely Earth Rebellion at some point

This 21 year old incident keeps coming up; if it is different from what happened in the prologue episode, I hope it has a better explanation later on. Otherwise, the fan theories will keep coming up
« Last Edit: 20 November 2022, 13:40:27 by Darth Nichos »

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #911 on: 26 November 2022, 12:49:13 »
Having finished Transformers Prime over my vacation I decided it was time to binge another anime.  Continuing my trend of being a decade behind, I chose Toradora.

While the ending was obvious from the beginning (are romcoms ever not?), I found the twists along the way kept thing interesting.   Last few episodes did get a little too dramatic (but not over dramatic) compared to the rest of the show.  I'm still not sure I fully get why Tiga bailed on him during the last year of school.  Did they even try to keep in touch during that time?  In the end I enjoyed it.  I would like more, and there seems to be a calling for it since netflix picked it up, but I don't see it happening.  Where could the show really go from here?

EDIT: Discovered the show through a popular meme template, but I don't ever remember seeing that scene in the show. Nevermind.  Different show, but similar school uniform.
« Last Edit: 26 November 2022, 13:06:10 by DarkSpade »
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #912 on: 26 November 2022, 13:52:13 »
Having finished Transformers Prime over my vacation I decided it was time to binge another anime.  Continuing my trend of being a decade behind, I chose Toradora.

While the ending was obvious from the beginning (are romcoms ever not?), I found the twists along the way kept thing interesting.   Last few episodes did get a little too dramatic (but not over dramatic) compared to the rest of the show.  I'm still not sure I fully get why Tiga bailed on him during the last year of school.  Did they even try to keep in touch during that time?  In the end I enjoyed it.  I would like more, and there seems to be a calling for it since netflix picked it up, but I don't see it happening.  Where could the show really go from here?

EDIT: Discovered the show through a popular meme template, but I don't ever remember seeing that scene in the show. Nevermind.  Different show, but similar school uniform.

It was because her parents (that also forced her to move and go to different school) forbid her from keeping touch with him or even telling him.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #913 on: 26 November 2022, 16:42:06 »
It was because her parents (that also forced her to move and go to different school) forbid her from keeping touch with him or even telling him.

That doesn't fit. She still has her cell phone as was able to contact the entire class.  She did remind him he never said "I love you" through a text too.  Also, based on her voice mails, the mom had given up on trying to force her to come back.  The choice was all Tiga's.  She also left him a note saying she was going home.  Wish they had translated that, but perhaps it was never meant to be readable for the audience?
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #914 on: 26 November 2022, 17:17:06 »
That doesn't fit. She still has her cell phone as was able to contact the entire class.  She did remind him he never said "I love you" through a text too.  Also, based on her voice mails, the mom had given up on trying to force her to come back.  The choice was all Tiga's.  She also left him a note saying she was going home.  Wish they had translated that, but perhaps it was never meant to be readable for the audience?

That's because her parents were very clear that she wasn't allowed to contact him anyway. Not even briefly. Sure it doesn't make sense from our perspective that she chose to obey them and go against her own feelings but it did make some drama. 

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #915 on: 26 November 2022, 18:10:08 »
Well, I decided to order some stuff I’d been considering for some time, so in a few days I’ll have the dvd or blu-ray sets for the entire Galaxy Express 999 tv series (all 3 sets), the Arcadia of my Youth movie and Arcadia of my Youth: Endless Orbit SSX tv series.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #916 on: 27 November 2022, 09:29:30 »
G Witch Ep8

Suletta and Miorine went to Suletta mom to find out more about gundams after establishing they new company in Earth House's place. Shaddiq tried to recruit Guel and was over all acting shady. To point that he made rules to favor his own agenda. In next one might might either see him finally duel Suletta or have it be 3v3. Also there is question what might Guel do.

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #917 on: 27 November 2022, 10:41:01 »
I wonder when we will move from the G Gundam type fights to the large scale battles that we're used to seeing. Unless we're getting a backstory of how Gundams got developed for the future battles to come

Watched the Laid Back Camp film on Crunchyroll; very sweet conclusion to the series since I'm pretty sure we're not getting anything more from this franchise.

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #918 on: 27 November 2022, 12:56:49 »
I've re-watched the last two episodes of Witch From Mercury and....

I can now say that I really leaning towards the idea that Suletta is not Ericht since the prologue did take place 21 years prior to the series and that Suletta did not recognize Cardo Nabo. The only thing I can see that Suletta is Ericht is if she was in some sort of cryo sleep for a few years; maybe when they were fleeing to Mercury?

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #919 on: 27 November 2022, 13:58:04 »
Honestly until it's confirmed in anime I don't believe any of theories or rumors about any of those being true in that matter.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
« Reply #920 on: 27 November 2022, 14:18:55 »
Same.  And I don't think that this series is going to have large battles at all.  At least not this season.

HeavyArmorMecha

• Sergeant
« Reply #921 on: 27 November 2022, 23:00:23 »
Same.  And I don't think that this series is going to have large battles at all.  At least not this season.

I heard theories that we're going to see a 6 vs 3 on the next fight, Shadiq and his harem VS Gund-arm Inc (Suletta + Chuchu + Guel)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
« Reply #922 on: 27 November 2022, 23:09:28 »
Even if that does happen, it's still not what I'd call a large battle.  Plus not seeing any particular reason to believe that it's going to shake out that way yet.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #923 on: 28 November 2022, 16:05:53 »
Keep in mind that one of the themes of ToraDora is about growing up and being true to yourself. Ryuji's influence was keeping Taiga from 'growing up'. See the repeated comments about Ryuji often acting more like her dad then a love interest, and how essentially he took care of her. And they both realized it at the end. Taiga needed that time away to prove to both herself, and to everyone else, that she didnt need Ryuji to take care of herself. Ryuji himself also needed it as he was also using Taiga as a bit of an emotional crutch for his own parental issues.

Think of it as a short separation to prove they really did love each other, both to themselves and to everyone else. That it wasnt just 'Playing House' as was often brought up.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #924 on: 28 November 2022, 18:29:12 »
Keep in mind that one of the themes of ToraDora is about growing up and being true to yourself. Ryuji's influence was keeping Taiga from 'growing up'. See the repeated comments about Ryuji often acting more like her dad then a love interest, and how essentially he took care of her. And they both realized it at the end. Taiga needed that time away to prove to both herself, and to everyone else, that she didnt need Ryuji to take care of herself. Ryuji himself also needed it as he was also using Taiga as a bit of an emotional crutch for his own parental issues.

Okay, I can see that.  They could have articulated that better though.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #925 on: 04 December 2022, 09:30:49 »
G Witch Ep9

As expected it was Shaddiq and is harem against Earth House in intense battle with Aerial showing another new ability against antidote and ChuChu getting to make ending shot at Shaddiq.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
« Reply #926 on: 04 December 2022, 13:10:22 »
It's one of the thing I hate the most in anime: victory coming down to pulling a new superpower out of your ass instead of using actual tactics.  I mean, even ChuChu's sniper shot came across as simply taking advantage of an opportunity more than something that the team had actually planned.

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #927 on: 04 December 2022, 22:35:26 »
It's one of the thing I hate the most in anime: victory coming down to pulling a new superpower out of your ass instead of using actual tactics.  I mean, even ChuChu's sniper shot came across as simply taking advantage of an opportunity more than something that the team had actually planned.

Its so common now that I just look the other way; it was a cool shot though

I'm pretty sure this covers all of the other pilots that could pose a threat to Suletta on campus. Given that the intro showed to more Gundam's that we have yet to see, I'm pretty sure that the Aeriel will now have to face threats coming from her future father-in-law now.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
« Reply #928 on: 04 December 2022, 22:38:37 »
Could be.  I'm guessing based on the pattern that next week's episode will be entirely non-combat, then we'll have a Really Big Fight that will take the next two episodes to resolve for the season finale.

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #929 on: 05 December 2022, 05:20:19 »
G Witch Ep9

As expected it was Shaddiq and is harem against Earth House in intense battle with Aerial showing another new ability against antidote and ChuChu getting to make ending shot at Shaddiq.
Goes to show you should confirm your kills. That is what cost them there. They crippled Chu Chu... but didn't take her out. Any BT player probably has a tale of crippling an enemy but it can still put a few shots out and suddenly getting losses from it.

And I mean... it would have been stupid of Prospera to put Aerial into the field when there exists a way to take it out easily [The Jammer]... one that killed her own husband and many of her friends no less. When she already equipped such a jammer to Aerial in the first place...

Its so common now that I just look the other way; it was a cool shot though

I'm pretty sure this covers all of the other pilots that could pose a threat to Suletta on campus. Given that the intro showed to more Gundam's that we have yet to see, I'm pretty sure that the Aeriel will now have to face threats coming from her future father-in-law now.
Those particular Gundams in the intro... didn't appear until the 7th episode's intro. And IIRC look like the other prototypes from the prologue. I think he captured them...

Register