Register Register

Author Topic: Bad Batch Star Wars  (Read 4527 times)

Ruger

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Major
Re: Bad Batch Star Wars
« Reply #60 on: 04 June 2021, 11:32:54 »
Hmm…

Wrecker hits his head, at least partially activates his biochip.

Decent callback to season 7 Clone Wars.

Who is the cloaked figure at the end? Did not really look to be Ahsoka.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #61 on: 04 June 2021, 16:05:09 »
Looks like Bail Organa's outfit.
I have spoken.

Øystein

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #62 on: 04 June 2021, 16:13:19 »
My guess is Obi-Wan

Niopsian

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno.
« Reply #63 on: 04 June 2021, 20:40:40 »
If Ahsoka has already co-opted the Fulcrum identity at this point than it could be her. The “him” is just a misdirect.

...cut a manager in to come up with a plan and the next thing you know you're big in Japan

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #64 on: 18 June 2021, 20:13:51 »
Good episode today!
I have spoken.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #65 on: 19 June 2021, 00:27:18 »
Yeah I enjoyed today. Finally getting some real plot now. Not just loosely related one-shots

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #66 on: 10 July 2021, 11:33:49 »
We've just had our best episode by far!   :thumbsup:
I have spoken.

Øystein

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #67 on: 10 July 2021, 14:05:54 »
it's really turning into a big "connect the dots" kinda show.

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #68 on: 10 July 2021, 18:14:13 »
Yes it is.
« Last Edit: 10 July 2021, 18:15:50 by Fat Guy »
I have spoken.

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #69 on: 10 July 2021, 18:16:57 »
I think we'll be seeing the demise of Hera's mom.
I have spoken.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #70 on: 11 July 2021, 07:59:12 »
Is Howzer's chip malfunctioning? He's acting too much like a pre-66 trooper.

Kentares

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #71 on: 11 July 2021, 19:38:05 »
Is Howzer's chip malfunctioning? He's acting too much like a pre-66 trooper.

Why? He didnt saw/knew of any Jedi around him...
Star Wars ST and Star Trek current shows are crap.

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #72 on: 12 July 2021, 06:34:46 »
Why? He didnt saw/knew of any Jedi around him...
Post 66 clone troopers don't just hate Jedi. They have been shown to be rabidly pro-empire. His body language shows that he is questioning things, plus he is trying to resolve things peacefully. In short, his brain still works.

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #73 on: 12 July 2021, 14:23:04 »
He did have some facial scars. I couldn't tell if he had one in the general location of the chip though.
I have spoken.

Øystein

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #74 on: 13 July 2021, 00:11:39 »
Why can't we have a nuanced character without having to look for excuses to why he is that way?

Akamia

• Warrant Officer
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #75 on: 13 July 2021, 00:58:33 »
Context. The clones were basically an army of Manchurian Candidates. When one isn’t acting exactly according to that programming, questions rise.
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #76 on: 13 July 2021, 09:06:49 »
Context. The clones were basically an army of Manchurian Candidates. When one isn’t acting exactly according to that programming, questions rise.

This.
I have spoken.

Øystein

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #77 on: 13 July 2021, 10:29:07 »
And exactely what was the details of Order 66?
We know it was to execute all the Jedis - but what is the wording and conditioning impared with it?

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #78 on: 13 July 2021, 11:37:01 »
Republic Commando: True Colors printed it, though it's now legends.

Order 66: In the event of Jedi officers acting against the interests of the Republic, and after receiving specific orders verified as coming directly from the Supreme Commander (Chancellor), GAR commanders will remove those officers by lethal force, and command of the GAR will revert to the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) until a new command structure is established.
I have spoken.

Akamia

• Warrant Officer
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #79 on: 13 July 2021, 11:40:05 »
I don't believe we know specifics on that in current canon; however, there is a definite pattern observed, which is why the questions are being asked.

As we've seen in nearly every instance of non-Legends media pertaining to Order 66 up to this point, the clones affected become zealously loyal to Imperial officers and obey their orders without question. War crimes, even by the admittedly lenient standards of the Star Wars universe, are perfectly acceptable to follow through on, whereas previously there were lines they wouldn't cross, or at least in some cases they'd ask their commanding officer – usually a Jedi knight – why.

Now, all of this is apparently the doing of some sort of "chip" embedded in the nervous system of each clone. The Bad Batch, being variant clones, had malfunctioning chips except for Crosshair, which is why they weren't affected, though as Wrecker later demonstrated, the threat of Order 66 activating loomed nonetheless, so they eventually had their chips removed with Rex's help, who had his removed by Ahsoka Tano during the final season of Clone Wars. Even before that happened, Rex demonstrated an ability to fight the chip's programming. He ultimately lost that fight, but Ahsoka was able to incapacitate him so that she could have the chip removed and he would be himself again.

Howzer does not appear to be struggling with his chip at all. One wonders if it's even active.
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #80 on: 14 July 2021, 08:13:37 »
And exactely what was the details of Order 66?
We know it was to execute all the Jedis - but what is the wording and conditioning impared with it?
Not just order 66, that's just an easy reference point. If the chip has nothing to do with behavioral modification, why did Omega try to console Crosshairs prior to him turning on his team? (It's not your fault.) Why did the Kaminoans operate on him to "strengthen" its programming?

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #81 on: 14 July 2021, 12:52:04 »
Not just order 66, that's just an easy reference point. If the chip has nothing to do with behavioral modification, why did Omega try to console Crosshairs prior to him turning on his team? (It's not your fault.) Why did the Kaminoans operate on him to "strengthen" its programming?
my personal belief is that the "control chips" besides being a plot device... are essentially a really nasty form of subliminal conditioning. What makes them particularly evil, is that its a form of subliminal messaging, that is "internal" rather than external. in effect its like your internal conversations that many people have going on all the time anyway, it just happens to be a particularly consistent voice repeating the same messages over and over.

if you actually read the list of the orders from the legends book, order 66 I believe, the Jedi were seriously played by Palpatine. In fact if the Jedi had known about the whole list of orders, they could (should) have brought their evidence to the republic counsel about Palpatine's actions, which would have triggered order 67 and gotten HIM executed by the clone army.

Ruger

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #82 on: 16 July 2021, 05:35:18 »
As to the control chip issue, and how the clones are acting on Ryloth, it could simply be a matter of the order to “Execute Order 66” was never given to the clones stationed there as there were no Jedi remaining on the planet after its liberation.

One thing that bugged me about the way the order was done was that RotS showed that it wasn’t simply a generic verified transmission from Palpatine saying simply “Execute Order 66” or “The Jedi have betrayed the Republic. Execute Order 66.” Instead, in several of the on screen cases, you can hear Palpatine naming the Clone Commander to whom the order was given. I’d find it hard to believe he would waste time giving the order to garrisons on worlds without Jedi if he has to personalize the message each time. It would be very time consuming. I suppose the name could have been added by computer, but that is also needlessly inefficient.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #83 on: 30 July 2021, 14:44:26 »
Our new Stormtrooper armor is based on Ralph Mcquarrie's original concept art.   :thumbsup:

I have spoken.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #84 on: 30 July 2021, 15:22:23 »
Hmm Stormtrooper with light saber and shield. Interesting. 
Star Captain John Kerensky, 7th Battle Cluster (The Blood-Drinkers), Gamma Galaxy, Clan Wolf 

Chu-sa Jiro Takahashi, 11th Legion of Vega (Swiftness of Wind), Draconis Combine

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #85 on: 30 July 2021, 15:42:02 »
In early versions of the script, "laser swords" were pretty generic weapons not limited to what would become the Jedi and Sith.
I have spoken.

ANS Kamas P81

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #86 on: 31 July 2021, 08:44:00 »
So I've been watching Bad Batch but I haven't seen Clone Wars yet.  Who is Rex and why are the Batch going after this trooper of his?  Any backstory in CW, or do I have to wait till episode 15?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #87 on: 31 July 2021, 09:04:38 »
Rex was a recurring Clone Wars series clone officer - one of the very few to get his chip removed after Order 66.  He also features prominently in the Rebels show, working with Phoenix Cell.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #88 on: 31 July 2021, 09:13:39 »
Rebels also made him being on Forest Moon of Endor as member of Han Solo's strike team canon. There was this one old guy among them that some speculated to be Rex so Dave Filoni made it canon.
Star Captain John Kerensky, 7th Battle Cluster (The Blood-Drinkers), Gamma Galaxy, Clan Wolf 

Chu-sa Jiro Takahashi, 11th Legion of Vega (Swiftness of Wind), Draconis Combine

ANS Kamas P81

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #89 on: 31 July 2021, 12:42:34 »
I love it.  Thanks guys!  I should probably sit down and binge Clone Wars, but seven seasons is a big commitment no matter how many episodes there are...

Register