Register Register

Author Topic: Bob Saget gone at 65  (Read 818 times)

elf25s

• Major
Bob Saget gone at 65
« on: 09 January 2022, 23:08:14 »
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59932429

sorry to see him go but he was never that funny i caught his show in nyc and i did not crack a smile not even upper lip twitch but my friends grams liked him so there is that
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
Re: Bob Saget gone at 65
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2022, 01:19:28 »
Kind of weird for him to just be dead at 65 in a hotel room.  Wonder if the cause of death will ever be released.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2022, 01:24:09 »
He was touring for his comedy act.  Initial reports said no evidence of drugs/alcohol or foul play.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2022, 01:40:10 »
Yeah, makes me wonder if he had some sort of medical condition.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2022, 05:38:09 »
So very sad. RIP.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

500 is the number of Warships just passed the 566 Battlemechs I now own.

Natasha Kerensky

• Captain
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #5 on: 10 January 2022, 23:49:46 »

Had the pleasure of watching Saget’s stand-up act in person.  Wonderful that he was never the bland character that he was paid to play on TV.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2022, 02:16:31 »
Heard there was trouble a few times when people went to shows expecting to see a family-friendly performance.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #7 on: 11 January 2022, 15:10:50 »
It's too bad.  The America's Funniest Videos got its start thanks to him and other hosts presenting the videos in amusing ways.

Saget certainly was not happy fully being type casted as a America's dad.   That being said, I have to agree it sounds like he had medical condition.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

rebs

• Colonel
  • Set a watchman.
« Reply #8 on: 11 January 2022, 20:44:18 »
Ever see his bit on The Aristocrats?

LOL!  It's not for the faint of heart, he could be pretty damned nasty and dark.

RIP

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 12 January 2022, 08:44:15 »
Heard there was trouble a few times when people went to shows expecting to see a family-friendly performance.
Yep.. he was not "American's Dad" when he did his comedy shows.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #10 on: 12 January 2022, 10:46:21 »
Well, this morning there are reports that Bob might have suffered a heart attack or stroke, but apparently the original source is speculation by TMZ so that should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #11 on: 10 February 2022, 19:43:16 »
Apparently the autopsy results have been made public: Bob fell in the bathroom and hit his head, then went to sleep.

Register