Register Register

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 500 times)

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
Happy Thanksgiving
« on: 25 November 2021, 07:51:06 »

I have spoken.

rebs

• Colonel
  • I agree to disagree.
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2021, 09:17:00 »
Happy Thanksgiving, my American peeps!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2021, 09:28:11 »
happy thnaksgiving and enjoy those argument free hours ...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2021, 09:30:13 »
Happy American Thanksgiving!
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground

DEZOAT

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 25 November 2021, 09:59:52 »
 ;D :D :))Yes. HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!! Today is the United States America Happy Thanksgiving Holiday. I hope everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving this week.

MadCatBob

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 25 November 2021, 10:27:14 »
Happy Thanksgiving from the USA!

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #6 on: 25 November 2021, 11:39:45 »
Happy Thanksgiving indeed!  And yes, the day drinking has begun!  :D

Triptych

• Warrant Officer
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #7 on: 25 November 2021, 12:10:47 »
I live in a third world country, but I did manage to get the traditional spread of turkey and all the fixins out onto the table and...

Nobody wants to eat it but me. My son didnt want it, my housekeepers didnt want it, and the chauffeur preferred to eat his own thing...

:ticked:

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Semi-Sentient MUL Roomba
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #8 on: 25 November 2021, 12:59:45 »
Takes me back to Thanksgiving 2002 during my study abroad in Salamanca. My host family knew it was a special day but didn’t know what to do

We had baked hake with a ratatouille. Not bad  :D

Enjoy the Instagram account dedicated to the wild turkeys of the University of Minnesota

https://instagram.com/turkeysofumn?utm_medium=copy_link

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
  • The Brotherhood will expand in the Inner Sphere!
« Reply #9 on: 25 November 2021, 15:00:20 »
Having ham for Thanksgiving this year with my parents before we have a proper Thanksgiving with my sister and brother-in-law where we will have turkey.

JadeHellbringer

• This Space Intentionally Left Blank
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • TurquoiseKitFox!
« Reply #10 on: 25 November 2021, 17:45:42 »
My wife is a nurse at a DC-area hospital, and had to work a 7-7 today (she ended up getting home around 4, luckily!), so we're delaying our turkey and all that until Saturday, when she's home to cook and my mother-in-law can join us from Richmond. My wife is a fantastic cook, and already plans to spend Friday baking a couple of pies before doing all the rest on Saturday- she's a machine at this stuff, and it's a constant battle between loving her cooking and wanting a less-than-Annihilator-ish waistline.

In the meantime, since she wasn't going to be home today, by her request I'm cooking up a batch of tacos, because ol' Hellbie knows his way around southwestern-style cooking, and she doesn't have to do anything but get home and enjoy it. (Or, since she got home early, take a nap and THEN enjoy it). So, Thanksgiving tacos- be jealous. ;) I AM, however, being semi-lazy about it, and not making tortillas for it this time- still pan-frying the corn tortillas to make into hard shells, but I didn't have the time or energy to make the whole thing from scratch this time.

A happy holiday to all of you in the States, and I'm thankful for each and every one of the members of the Battletech community and their contributions to this fan base, no matter where they live. I raise a taco in tribute to the lot of you. Thanks for being here.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

rebs

• Colonel
  • I agree to disagree.
« Reply #11 on: 25 November 2021, 17:56:45 »
Ah, shucks, Hellbie.  I'm glad to have been here long enough for you all to get to know the better side of me.

And also, the only thing I was really.missing today at our marina potluck event was my mom's Tennessee family recipe for Cornbread Stuffing.  I know Tennessee and Virginia are two very separate states, but does your wife do cornbread stuffing?  Because you won't go back to regular after trying it. 

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • TurquoiseKitFox!
« Reply #12 on: 25 November 2021, 19:34:08 »
She actually is trying out a recipe for a corn pudding on Saturday, so we'll see how that goes. Neither she nor I are huge fans of stuffing in-general though, so we're not doing a traditional version. (Her mom is crushed by this, and as a result she is welcome to bring her own. ;) )

More important to me are the three pies... Dutch apple, pumpkin, and her excellent borbon-pecan.

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #13 on: 26 November 2021, 08:15:12 »
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL....belated.
Becareful on Black Friday and not make it a Black N Blue Friday.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

500 is the number of Warships Now. 500 looks like it will stay for a long time.

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 26 November 2021, 08:19:06 »
borbon-pecan.

I have to ask, what is this?

Triptych

• Warrant Officer
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #15 on: 26 November 2021, 08:47:14 »
Its pecan pie with added bourbon for additional flavor. Standard pecan pie on its own is delicious, but the bourbon brings it to a whole nother level.

Daryk

• Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 26 November 2021, 08:56:43 »
That does sound tasty!  :thumbsup:

rebs

• Colonel
  • I agree to disagree.
« Reply #17 on: 26 November 2021, 12:56:41 »
I'm game.  Sounds tastier than vodka-pecan pie, lol!

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • TurquoiseKitFox!
« Reply #18 on: 26 November 2021, 13:44:26 »
Its pecan pie with added bourbon for additional flavor. Standard pecan pie on its own is delicious, but the bourbon brings it to a whole nother level.

Bingo. I don't know how much is in the actual pie (she's protective of the recipe), but she also blends it into the fresh-whipped cream that goes on top of it. (Leftovers of which are excellent in morning-after coffee!)

+Crow T. Robot+

Daryk

• Colonel
« Reply #19 on: 26 November 2021, 13:47:28 »
Sounds tastier by the post, but I'm wondering if Amaretto wouldn't be a better choice...  ^-^

Triptych

• Warrant Officer
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #20 on: 26 November 2021, 14:22:23 »
I like chocolate pecan pie a la mode myself, its pecan pie with added chocolate layers, slightly heated and given a scoop of thick vanilla ice cream on top. Yum!  :thumbsup:

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 26 November 2021, 23:33:55 »

Ahh righto then. I thought borbon might be bourbon, but with cooking sometimes a single letter change means a very different ingredient. :)

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #22 on: 27 November 2021, 07:54:22 »
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #23 on: 27 November 2021, 10:34:16 »
congrats to all that survived the thanksgiving family fight and extra congrats to those that are still talking to one another....
be aware round two us coming....ready for x mas? >:D
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • TurquoiseKitFox!
« Reply #24 on: 27 November 2021, 23:27:02 »
Ahh righto then. I thought borbon might be bourbon, but with cooking sometimes a single letter change means a very different ingredient. :)

After the amount of bourbon I'd had, both in the pie and out, I'm pretty happy to have only had one misspelling rather than... ah, liver failure.  ;D

+Crow T. Robot+