Register Register

Author Topic: need help how to get rid of the cat? no not kill it i need help  (Read 4309 times)

elf25s

• Major
Re: need help how to get rid of the cat? no not kill it i need help
« Reply #30 on: 30 March 2021, 18:22:45 »
If a random crow has taken that much of a liking to you, you're simply doomed.  Crows are actually pretty sophisticated, and even mourn their dead.  Rebs' "animal magnetism" is maybe a bit less than 50% a joke at this point...  :-\
i live in the burbs so there are wooded areas i am borderline city and industrial area i also seem to have picked up about a year ago a fox that seems to follow me to a convinience store and coyote too...fox when i tell it to leave me alone just laughs and smiles and seems way too happy to have attention cayote just likes it if talk to it..both seem to know when i am going out to the store and i tried random times and days 5 minutes i have company.
 btw it seems to gotten worse the older i get...i am not snow white that when i sing animals come to me..i dont want to talk about deer either or racoons
the last one had  pups and it brought a possum with it.

and dont ask about a black bear cub i still get ribbed about grizzly adams by the cops
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #31 on: 30 March 2021, 18:32:10 »
Doomed, I say... DOOMED...  8)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #32 on: 30 March 2021, 19:36:56 »
You're going to be the reason wolves recolonize your state, elf25s.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 30 March 2021, 19:40:59 »
I heard it was 5 to six weeks for 'rehoming'...  BUt that was over 10 years back, when someone told me that (after one of my worker-bees had to house sit her cat while she was in the hospital getting a tumor taken care of)...

Five to six? Dang, that's a long time! I don't think there's any real authority behind any of these, so I'll just go with "Yes".

I'd imagine it probably depends on the cat, they have an individuality equal to humans after all.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 30 March 2021, 19:50:41 »
You're going to be the reason wolves recolonize your state, elf25s.
hmmm not a bad idea ...but wolves are not that dangerous...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #35 on: 30 March 2021, 19:51:46 »
Doomed, I say... DOOMED...  8)
why did i just pictured mrs bitters from invader zim going doomed doomed doomed?

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #36 on: 30 March 2021, 21:19:15 »
Your buddy's chronic inability to keep the cat inside is casing me to have doubts about whether or not he's actually responsible enough to care for it.
I'm kinda with you on this
but then looking at elf25s animal magnetism..  face it you now have a cat.
to go with the Crow
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #37 on: 30 March 2021, 21:28:16 »
I'm kinda with you on this
but then looking at elf25s animal magnetism..  face it you now have a cat.
to go with the Crow
i dont want a cat or pet
that is why i asked for help to make it stop coming back and make it stay with its owner

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 30 March 2021, 21:44:26 »
by the way what the story on the bear?

and unless your friend can keep his cat in his house, it keeps coming back to you for a reason..
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 30 March 2021, 22:39:04 »
by the way what the story on the bear?

and unless your friend can keep his cat in his house, it keeps coming back to you for a reason..
few years back it was still a cub it got stuck in a fence got it  loose picked it up calmed it down gave it a snickers bar  scratched the chin and inside the ear and hand it over to animal control guy who thought i would be clawed and bitten..i got licked and hugged and did had difficulty getting it loose tho cops were not amused some thought they would have to shoot it.... turned out the cub was seperated from its mother few days back when she was tranqed captured and relocated. i thought it was my former neighbors dog  which had similar size cub and it got re united with the mother... smelly little bugger tho...have bad feeling i made it not afraid of humans as much as it should

yah as for the fuzzball with claws it started a trend my property managers dogs are now guarding my door and follow me to the store and wait outside till i come out...now why me ? both are huskies and love to talk...any huskie owner will tell you they do tend to talk alot

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #40 on: 31 March 2021, 00:04:20 »
i dont want a cat or pet
that is why i asked for help to make it stop coming back and make it stay with its owner

To get it to stay with its owner, he needs to actually start being a freaking adult and make a better effort to prevent it from getting outside.  If he can't manage that then he is not someone who's capable of actually taking proper care of the cat and should find it a new home with someone who can.  This isn't your responsibility and not something that you can really do.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #41 on: 31 March 2021, 00:15:00 »
few years back it was still a cub it got stuck in a fence got it  loose picked it up calmed it down gave it a snickers bar  scratched the chin and inside the ear and hand it over to animal control guy who thought i would be clawed and bitten..i got licked and hugged and did had difficulty getting it loose tho cops were not amused some thought they would have to shoot it.... turned out the cub was separated from its mother few days back when she was tranqed captured and relocated. i thought it was my former neighbors dog  which had similar size cub and it got re united with the mother... smelly little bugger tho...have bad feeling i made it not afraid of humans as much as it should

yah as for the fuzzball with claws it started a trend my property managers dogs are now guarding my door and follow me to the store and wait outside till i come out...now why me ? both are huskies and love to talk...any huskie owner will tell you they do tend to talk a lot
my current husky is convinced that everyone loves to listen to her singing voice.
so I put her out this morning ~9am and she was out for 10 min and had gone pee, then wandered over to the driveway and was standing there head up and started Howling I opened the door and interrupted her and told her to hush, she stopped and then between 30 min and an hour later she started howling again, told her to hush again... and she was quiet for several hours.

my last husky was a lot quieter of course she was extremely submissive
My current husky is very Alpha (Dominant) she submits to me, and is extremely friendly towards people to date in ~5 years she has never met anyone she doesn't like. but she has no issues talking err err to me and other people.
I used to take her to a local off leash dog park.  and one of her things was if other dogs were harassing another dog and they yiped she would go and separate them.  but if she was doing the harassment it didn't matter. 
if you are at the off leash parks, one thing that is very common, is the huskys play rough as in they body check, and shoulder slam each other. Okami, my current husky was interesting in that she would be playing rough and then periodically (every couple minutes or so) would pause like she was asking if she was being too rough, and then go back to playing.

one of the situations that I thought was funny, was we were coming into the park, and a pitbull appearing dog, thought he would show Okami who was the boss.  she was pulling (I want in, I want in) got her in and she sprinted about 50-100 ft then curved around to greet the pitbull. I am not really sure what happened, but she had the pitbull on his back in under a minute. She then let him up, and based on what happened next apparently he decided that no female could be more dominant than he was....
a few moments she had him back on his back in under ~30 seconds, at which point she had her mouth on his throat, and I saw her push down and squeeze for a moment and then she let him up and no more issues between them.

the combination makes me believe she believes that she can protect the other dogs better than they can protect themselves... so she should be in charge.

garhkal

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 31 March 2021, 00:16:31 »
To get it to stay with its owner, he needs to actually start being a freaking adult and make a better effort to prevent it from getting outside.  If he can't manage that then he is not someone who's capable of actually taking proper care of the cat and should find it a new home with someone who can.  This isn't your responsibility and not something that you can really do.

I am not sure if all states do this, but i DO remember reading one news article where a home owner, DID call animal services on a person, CAUSE HE WAS NOT a good owner of his three dogs (they kept getting out and running rampant in the street).. After a few warnings from them, and he STILL didn't fix the issue, they eventually took the dogs.. 
Maybe you could check with your local animal welfare group(s), and see if it applies to this situation.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #43 on: 06 April 2021, 22:45:59 »
almost a week no fuzzball...until an hour ago...and it brought a friend...my neighbors cat...
both know me and my neighbor had hard time getting their fur baby back...when it decided to hide in my living room behind the tv stand with attitude to match a hellspawn all of it directed at my neighbor...btw both cats are spyed an neutered.
well got rid of both my neighbor got their hell baby after i called it and it came running to me as if i was the greatest thing it saw
my buddy got his hell bay and just picked it up.
ok funny is funny i can take a joke as well as the next guy but why in 7 levels of hell am i attracting these things?
btw the crow now this morning brought a friend...
now i have company of 2 crows  in the morning and now they instead of being quiet like the first one want to talk....
some on please tell me this is a joke?

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #44 on: 28 September 2021, 01:52:49 »
ok guess what came back? its almost 3 am and guess who us getting the little furball by getting in their car in pjs ...
 am cursed...or something?

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #45 on: 18 January 2022, 23:03:47 »
well looks like problem solved itself...the furball just passed on last night at age 17
i am ambigious about how i should feel about it....
as for the crow it got tad agrressive...it now knocks on the window just to say hello in the morning not the kitchen window mind youkuje it used to now... my bedroom
one of the squarells is gone a hawk got it on new years
as for coyote had not seen it in months...hope it is ok
fox dont see it as often tho still it dollows me around
my neighbors huskies...well they took to bringing their bedding to my door....i have no idea what that means
my other neighbor got a parrot i met for first time last week its all gray wings are not clipped so it can fly...guess what it did the moment it saw me...took off and perched itself on my right shoulder and refused to go back to its owner...now its trying to peck and bite my neighbor who had her for 15 years and my neighbor is annoyed

i am cursed with dolittle arnt i?

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #46 on: 19 January 2022, 01:38:16 »
Sorry that the cat passed but 17 is a good life

and yes you might be cursed or blessed with your animal connections..  have you tried to getting the crow to bring your treasures and exchanges treats with them for it?

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #47 on: 19 January 2022, 07:22:28 »
and yes you might be cursed or blessed with your animal connections..  have you tried to getting the crow to bring your treasures and exchanges treats with them for it?

Here is one fun story about a little girl and crow treats:
https://i.imgur.com/arG2OjP.png

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #48 on: 19 January 2022, 09:47:01 »
Sorry that the cat passed but 17 is a good life

it brings me tabs from soda cans
 but i gave those before it started to bring stuff

my grams had a friendly raven...it used to bring gold rings....or chains...my grams used to post posters telling folks to pick their stuff up

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #49 on: 19 January 2022, 11:27:35 »
A friend of mine has a crow family they sometimes feed.  If she gives them seeds they don't like, they drop them on her head next time they see her.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #50 on: 19 January 2022, 12:18:25 »
A friend of mine has a crow family they sometimes feed.  If she gives them seeds they don't like, they drop them on her head next time they see her.
snobs?
lol mine just does not eat it if it does not like it. weirdly enough it likes corn flakes

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #51 on: 19 January 2022, 18:12:11 »
i am cursed with dolittle arnt i?
Just last night I watched "Mr. Zoo: The Missing VIP" (where VIP = Very Important Panda), and while reading subtitles is always a little annoying, it was a good movie.  The guy (actually named Mr. Joo, and even his own daughter called him that) was afraid of animals.  His late wife had cared for them, somehow got sick, developed sepsis and died, and he didn't want to have anything to do with them.  China sends a Panda to Korea as an "Ambassador", bad guys show up and kidnap it.  He worked for some sort of Security Agency and was in charge of Security for the event.  During the kidnapping, Mr. Joo falls, hits his head, then can understand animals afterwards.  From fish to birds, dogs, and the tiger and gorilla in the zoo, then (eventually) the panda.  A different guy at the end falls and whacks his head, then can understand some mosquitos as they're talking about drinking his blood, before he passes out.   ;D  I watched it free through my Xbox, on Tubi.

And when I first saw this post, I was reminded of the song "The Cat Came Back".   ;D  Sorry to hear your "Problem" is gone, but let's Hope it doesn't do like the one in the song, and come back even though it's dead!   :o
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #52 on: 19 January 2022, 19:22:39 »
Corvids are definitely smarter than they look, but they don't understand "theft" vs. "salvage".

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #53 on: 19 January 2022, 22:18:35 »
Corvids are definitely smarter than they look, but they don't understand "theft" vs. "salvage".
kinda like Kenders

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #54 on: 19 January 2022, 23:33:11 »
Don't disrespect corvids like that.