Register Register

Author Topic: NHL 2021-2022 Thread. Let's get Kraken!  (Read 19930 times)

Known Glitch

• Sergeant
  • Why haven't we fixed this yet?
Re: NHL 2021-2022 Thread. Let's get Kraken!
« Reply #330 on: 10 January 2022, 18:22:00 »
They should give the job to Shea Weber.  He was running the team last year anyway.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • I like sausage
« Reply #331 on: 10 January 2022, 19:23:20 »
They should give the job to Shea Weber.  He was running the team last year anyway.
He has plenty of time on his hands right now, that's for sure.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Set a watchman.
« Reply #332 on: 11 January 2022, 19:50:23 »
Today the Red Wings hired Nick Lidstrom as new VP of Hockey Operations.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #333 on: 12 January 2022, 00:43:55 »
Malkin gets two goals in his return.

So much for they're better off without him.   ::)
I have spoken.

JadeHellbringer

• This Space Intentionally Left Blank
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Lesson's not over, sonny!
« Reply #334 on: 12 January 2022, 20:56:03 »
You can't stop Brad Marchand. You can only hope to slow him down.

...or, if you're Montreal tonight, you can't even do that.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #335 on: 12 January 2022, 23:31:22 »
I don't think Montreal could slow down a sloth at this point.
I have spoken.

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #336 on: 12 January 2022, 23:33:51 »

It's hard to say there's a rivalry there anymore, when one team has so clearly done most things right to stay perennially competitive, and the other has so clearly done those things wrong.

cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Set a watchman.
« Reply #337 on: 14 January 2022, 00:57:58 »
Red Wings...

Not looking good since the pause.  Got shutout by the Jets 3-0 tonight.  Most unpleasant.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #338 on: 14 January 2022, 09:01:11 »

And then pasta the next night in philly
Below are links to my fan fiction pages.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-(full)/

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-full-part-2/

As always please enjoy and if you have any questions about my AU (or want to chat about ideas I could incorporate into it) feel free to PM me.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
« Reply #339 on: 14 January 2022, 09:02:55 »
And then pasta the next night in philly

The last time two Bruins players got hat tricks in consecutive games was 1998.

I've been chewing on that factoid all morning long, trying to figure out if that says more about how special of an accomplishment this was, or how bad the Bruins are on offense most years.  ;D

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #340 on: 14 January 2022, 09:12:03 »
The last time two Bruins players got hat tricks in consecutive games was 1998.

I've been chewing on that factoid all morning long, trying to figure out if that says more about how special of an accomplishment this was, or how bad the Bruins are on offense most years.  ;D

It was Marshands 5th hat-trick

Pastas 11th

For the time they've been in league it shows pastas impact and how marshand has come along the last few years
Below are links to my fan fiction pages.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-(full)/

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-full-part-2/

As always please enjoy and if you have any questions about my AU (or want to chat about ideas I could incorporate into it) feel free to PM me.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #341 on: 14 January 2022, 16:48:14 »
I don't think Montreal could slow down a sloth at this point.
hey it not the sloth fault, that he has a better front office behind him    ;D
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

rebs

• Colonel
  • Set a watchman.
« Reply #342 on: 14 January 2022, 16:53:33 »
Seen a lot of angry chatter about Marchand being snubbed for the All-Star Game. 

I don't like the guy at all.  But he does deserve his due.

That is all.

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #343 on: 17 January 2022, 18:34:47 »
And with that...now we know who the actual worst team in the league is. :( >:(

Cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Set a watchman.
« Reply #344 on: 17 January 2022, 22:09:19 »
Well, the Red Wings have been terrible since the pause, but.... we can still beat up on the Sabres two games in a row.  So there is that.

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #345 on: 18 January 2022, 11:43:54 »
The Habs' search for a new GM is apparently over.

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadiens-kent-hughes-general-manager-1.1747227

Kent Hughes will be the next GM.

How they managed to convince this very successful player agent to take on what is probably the most thankless and stressful GM job in the NHL is beyond me.  Scuttlebutt is that he's the guy Jeff Gorton wanted from the start. Regardless, this is significant for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that he is the first non-francophone, non-Quebecois to hold the job since Bob Gainey (he is from Montreal at the very least).  Will be very interesting to see how this pans out.

cheers,

Gabe

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #346 on: 18 January 2022, 17:38:33 »

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • I like sausage
« Reply #347 on: 25 January 2022, 19:11:17 »
A bit surprised nobody commented on THIS:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/meier-scores-franchise-record-five-goals-sharks-rout-kings/
I've been sick for a couple weeks and didn't realize it hadn't been done before.  I thought Hertl had done it previously against the Rangers but that must have been a 4 goal game.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
« Reply #348 on: 27 January 2022, 08:37:16 »
So Aaron Dell, 17th-string goaltender for the Sabres, got suspended for three games for his latest (of many) incidents in which he tried to throw a temper tantrum and endanger other players, this time resulting in an injury. And he deserves it.

My favorite comment about it though came from a discussion in which someone pointed out the tired old trope about goalies being 'odd':

I'm sick of hearing about the mental side of being a goalie. My son was a goalie, and as soon as he gets out of prison for eating that guy I'm sure he'll have something to say about that.

+Crow T. Robot+

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #349 on: 27 January 2022, 21:42:12 »
The Habs fall victim to a "Michigan" by Trevor Zegras:

https://www.tsn.ca/NHL/video/tsn-5g-view-zegras-dazzles-with-a-perfect-michigan-goal~2338237

Why can't Cole Caufield do that?

cheers,

Gabe

rebs

• Colonel
  • Set a watchman.
« Reply #350 on: 27 January 2022, 21:50:53 »
Wild ass game last night.  Red Wings go down to the Blackhawks to the tune of 8-5.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Set a watchman.
« Reply #351 on: 28 January 2022, 20:08:46 »
Bad news out of Chcagoland:  Toews is in concussion protocal.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Set a watchman.
« Reply #352 on: 29 January 2022, 02:33:09 »
Wow!  Detroit over Pittsburgh in a shootout.  With Calvin Pickard in net no less!

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
« Reply #353 on: 31 January 2022, 09:20:28 »
The Habs fall victim to a "Michigan" by Trevor Zegras:

https://www.tsn.ca/NHL/video/tsn-5g-view-zegras-dazzles-with-a-perfect-michigan-goal~2338237

Why can't Cole Caufield do that?

cheers,

Gabe

Because Cole Caufield is human. Zegras is clearly not.

+Crow T. Robot+

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • I like sausage
« Reply #354 on: 01 February 2022, 15:44:10 »
Zegras makes for a great highlight reel.  Glad I recently got him in trade and he was the kicker.  Traded Aho for Barkov and Zegras.  2nd time in 3 years I've traded Aho.

As for Caufield, I'd be worried that they ruined him. The season has been worse than expect and I'm fairly certain his development has been set back.  The best fans can hope for is a trade deadline sell off and some young talent brought in.  The current batch of extra picks for this year's draft are all going to be later in round picks and that just isn't going to get it done in the draft.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Set a watchman.
« Reply #355 on: 01 February 2022, 17:10:17 »
Zegras makes for a great highlight reel.  Glad I recently got him in trade and he was the kicker.  Traded Aho for Barkov and Zegras.  2nd time in 3 years I've traded Aho.

As for Caufield, I'd be worried that they ruined him. The season has been worse than expect and I'm fairly certain his development has been set back.  The best fans can hope for is a trade deadline sell off and some young talent brought in.  The current batch of extra picks for this year's draft are all going to be later in round picks and that just isn't going to get it done in the draft.

Somebody done ****** up, and it wasn't Firesprocket.

As for the Wings, they stopped a skid by winning against Zegras' team in OT last night.  Now to stabilize the season. 

If they can...

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • I like sausage
« Reply #356 on: 01 February 2022, 17:27:52 »
Somebody done ****** up, and it wasn't Firesprocket.

100% the guy knew what he was doing.  If Zegras ends up putting up 50-60 points a year I got him for a steal. I'm pretty certain I've made the most transactions on Aho the last few years in the keeper league which also has Redshirt.  He picked him first, had to release him, and i picked him up and released him, he took him back.  This was all his rookie year mind you.  I then had him up until 2 years ago and traded him for a package.  Then we reset this year and I got him in the draft again.  Barkov is only a slight down grade over Aho (the margin is extremely slim).  Zegras was to good to pass up for that future production even with his negative +/- and at the time I had 4-5 Ducks on my roster.  I think I'm down to 3 now.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • I like sausage
« Reply #357 on: 02 February 2022, 19:04:18 »
Ovi is out of tonight's game and the All Star game and has been replaced at the All Star game by best goal scorer in the league Sydney Crosby, Tom Wilson.

https://www.nhl.com/news/capitals-tom-wilson-taking-alex-ovechkins-place-for-nhl-all-star-weekend/c-330479032

rebs

• Colonel
  • Set a watchman.
« Reply #358 on: 03 February 2022, 19:00:49 »
Goodbye and congratulations to Pat Verbeek on landing the GM job for the Ducks.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • I like sausage
« Reply #359 on: 04 February 2022, 00:06:01 »
I didn't realize Verbeek was in Detroit.  I knew he was an executive, but I thought it was down a level.  Nevertheless that's solid gig.  Good luck to him.