Register Register

Author Topic: RIP Bernard Cribbins (1928-2022)  (Read 293 times)

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
RIP Bernard Cribbins (1928-2022)
« on: 29 July 2022, 14:02:52 »
Passed away yesterday after a career including seventy years of performing, including in the Carry On films, The Railway Children, Hitchcock's Frenzy, The Wombles, and as the only actor to play two different Doctor Who companions (Tom Campbell in the film Daleks Invasion Earth 2150 AD in 1966 and Wilfred Mott on TV in 2006).

I don't know how internationally famous he was (except maybe for DW), but he was a legend in the UK.
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
Re: RIP Bernard Cribbins (1928-2022)
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2022, 01:35:31 »
I knew him mostly for Doctor Who, though it took a while before I realized he sang this little ditty right here, which of course the song title would become the name of a rock band.  That said, it's sad to hear of his passing.  My hats off to you, Wilf. :(

(And apparently he was the only actor to appear in the 1966 Doctor Who movie and the reboot.)
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Re: RIP Bernard Cribbins (1928-2022)
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2022, 09:25:07 »
 :'( :'( :'(

He will be missed.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who