Register Register

Author Topic: Sore Thumbs II: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 43450 times)

Luciora

• Major
Re: Sore Thumbs II: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?
« Reply #690 on: 12 January 2022, 10:21:24 »
Finally finished my first playthrough of T, and started 30.  Kinda neat seeing the different origins of the protagonists.  It's also going to be my first attempt to actively exclude series from my deployments unless they are specific to the mission.  The Rabbit team really underwhelmed me when I met them for example.

Thats the neat thing about the game though, you get enough shows that you play it with the series you like.  Here's hoping they could include maybe Galaxy Angel into a future game, or Dougram.

Super Robot Wars 30 on PS4. I have played it so far to beyond Gridman joining the team and it has been fun. It's not difficult game at all but some some times it has gotten close.

Akamia

• Lieutenant
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #691 on: 15 January 2022, 15:33:04 »
Friend invited me to play 7 Days to Die with him and his bud. It's his birthday, so I humored him; zombie apocalypse games aren't really my thing, for the most part.

Ever since I got my new PC, I've sunk more time into MechWarrior Online and MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries than anything else, and I don't expect that to change for some time. ;D But it's nice to have access to my other, non-BattleTech games as well, and more of them than in the past. BattleTech-related video games, I think, will always be "home" to me, though.
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #692 on: 15 January 2022, 18:04:07 »
I’ve put like 90hours into the Witcher 3 thanks to it being on the steam for like 8 dollars.

My buddy also gave me Total Warhammer I and II. Got a couple DLCs while they were on sale as well.

Akamia

• Lieutenant
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #693 on: 15 January 2022, 18:11:27 »
Played Team Fortress 2 for the first time in approximately 2 years, invited by a friend – different friend from previous post – and saw firsthand how bad the botting problem was.

I had no perspective and thought it was just autonomous teammates/enemies doing autonomous teammate/enemy things. Oh boy, was I wrong...
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • Life is full of pain, but also love and beauty.
« Reply #694 on: 16 January 2022, 14:34:47 »
Got into Halo Infinite. Gotta say, I haven't had this much fun with a Halo game since I no-lifed Halo 5's release.

I still really want them to properly port 5 to PC though, holy crap. That FOV ruins the game for me now. Damn you, PC gaming.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #695 on: 18 January 2022, 11:23:25 »
I have to say, when fielding the Sakura Taisen combat revue teams and the Magic Knight Rayearth team, it almost feels like I'm playing Super Shoujo Robot Wars 30.   ;D

Time to put the soundtracks on play again too!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Always the least qualified person in the room
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #696 on: 18 January 2022, 11:24:36 »
still on hades. it's good. lots of interesting tweaks to the rogue-lite genre

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Part of the fanbase: I have very fringe interests
Same part of the fanbase: Why are my interests not specifically catered to and legitimized by canon?

Triptych

• Warrant Officer
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #697 on: 18 January 2022, 11:34:01 »
still on hades. it's good. lots of interesting tweaks to the rogue-lite genre
I tried playing it but my wrist and fingers wound up hurting after 5 minutes so I got a refund. If it was turn based it would have been better, imo.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #698 on: 18 January 2022, 12:00:45 »
Oh no.

I got back into Minecraft after the Caves and Cliffs updates. I now have a fine rural manor in a combination of French castle and Skyrim Nord architecture and created a road/trail with a couple of way-stations on the way to a major canyon my third major mining shaft. Cart transport once I have enough iron and redstone.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #699 on: 18 January 2022, 15:19:42 »
I tried playing it but my wrist and fingers wound up hurting after 5 minutes so I got a refund. If it was turn based it would have been better, imo.

Oof. Yeah good thing you didn’t tough it out because by the third level your pushing all the buttons

I think game is living its best life as a hack n slash. So many powerups that chain on each other in unique ways that make the splitsecond craziness really rewarding.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Same part of the fanbase: Why are my interests not specifically catered to and legitimized by canon?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #700 on: 18 January 2022, 17:08:33 »
My complaint about Hades is that I just don't like games where I lose all my stuff when I die.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #701 on: 18 January 2022, 18:12:04 »
yeah, that's a tough one as it's one of the main defining characteristics of the genre.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #702 on: 18 January 2022, 18:56:45 »
Which is why I'm not a big fan of roguelikes.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #703 on: 18 January 2022, 21:07:20 »
I was able to forgive Hades for being a roguelike entirely due to the absolutely phenomenal writing.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #704 on: 18 January 2022, 21:15:00 »
Yeah, that part was something I actually liked.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #705 on: 19 January 2022, 12:20:37 »
got copy of star wars squadrons...want to play it but i do not want the ultimate in malware and spywaare the orgin...so i guess it will stay as is in its digital prison
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Lemme Talk to the Manager!
« Reply #706 on: 19 January 2022, 13:01:27 »
got copy of star wars squadrons...want to play it but i do not want the ultimate in malware and spywaare the orgin...so i guess it will stay as is in its digital prison

Did not get via STEAM or EPIC?

Shame - it's loads of fun
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #707 on: 19 January 2022, 13:57:31 »
Did not get via STEAM or EPIC?

Shame - it's loads of fun

The complaint, I think, is that all EA games require loading and logging into Origin as well as Steam. Basically the same thing Ctrl Alt Del mocked regarding Ubisoft Uplay and Steam once (Google it, it's hilarious but also rude so I won't share it). I've mostly come around but understand that it's a line many won't cross.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #708 on: 19 January 2022, 15:38:11 »
i bought it not leased it it is MINE i should be able to play it without some crap telling me i dont own it after i paid for it
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Lemme Talk to the Manager!
« Reply #709 on: 19 January 2022, 16:15:08 »
The complaint, I think, is that all EA games require loading and logging into Origin as well as Steam. Basically the same thing Ctrl Alt Del mocked regarding Ubisoft Uplay and Steam once (Google it, it's hilarious but also rude so I won't share it). I've mostly come around but understand that it's a line many won't cross.

I don't need to.

i bought it not leased it it is MINE i should be able to play it without some crap telling me i dont own it after i paid for it

I too bought mine (via STEAM) as I also got it via STEAM so I could use my OCULUS VR
« Last Edit: 19 January 2022, 16:16:53 by NeonKnight »
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #710 on: 23 January 2022, 10:02:04 »
Fate Grand Order; doing my best to not spend one done of real money and just play the game for the story
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #711 on: 24 January 2022, 19:16:34 »
Got into Halo Infinite.

Agreed. The campaign hits hard. Thoroughly enjoying this one!!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #712 on: 24 January 2022, 21:31:03 »
I am currently playing "why do my NES carts not load reliably and how do you clean contact pins".

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #713 on: 25 January 2022, 00:05:11 »
I am currently playing "why do my NES carts not load reliably and how do you clean contact pins".

Isopropyl alcohol. Very easy to get in all sorts of places, easiest place is probably the supermarket as isocol or whatever your local brand is. :)

For the cart, dip a toothbrush in the iso, then brush over the pins, it will remove the oxidisation and restore the connection. If you can't fit a toothbrush, use a cotton bud.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #714 on: 25 January 2022, 00:28:46 »
it may also be the 72 pin slot in the console itself. i had to replace mine at one point. lots of screws but not terribly tricky

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #715 on: 25 January 2022, 01:01:59 »
Isopropyl alcohol. Very easy to get in all sorts of places, easiest place is probably the supermarket as isocol or whatever your local brand is. :)

For the cart, dip a toothbrush in the iso, then brush over the pins, it will remove the oxidisation and restore the connection. If you can't fit a toothbrush, use a cotton bud.

Actually I've been using alcohol with the pcb removed. What I think it needed was enough abrasive buffing. I got one of those 1-Up cleaning cards and that seems to be doing the trick. If it doesn't on some games I'm going to try Brasso. And if *that* doesn't work I'm going to try tinning the contacts.

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #716 on: 25 January 2022, 03:55:34 »
Actually I've been using alcohol with the pcb removed. What I think it needed was enough abrasive buffing. I got one of those 1-Up cleaning cards and that seems to be doing the trick. If it doesn't on some games I'm going to try Brasso. And if *that* doesn't work I'm going to try tinning the contacts.

Aha! I see you are a man of class!

I prefer Silvo to Brasso though, Brasso is too harsh for me.

Sapphirus

• Warrant Officer
  • Stressed out? Here's an image of Kirby sitting :)
« Reply #717 on: 25 January 2022, 18:10:30 »
Yesterday I decide to revisit Team Fortress 2 for like months and did the same today :P (aside from watching silly TF2 related videos which I do very often)
I've reached level 4 in the game
« Last Edit: 25 January 2022, 18:13:30 by Sapphirus »

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #718 on: 25 January 2022, 21:31:05 »
Aha! I see you are a man of class!

I prefer Silvo to Brasso though, Brasso is too harsh for me.

It did pick up a lot of stuff the alcohol left behind. However, I think Lolo and Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers might have to depart for that great console in the sky. The former has scratches all over the contacts and even the masking layer and the latter had noticeable corrosion that I only mostly got out. Three other titles cleaned up really nicely though.

Sapphirus

• Warrant Officer
  • Stressed out? Here's an image of Kirby sitting :)
« Reply #719 on: 28 January 2022, 01:31:45 »
Started playing Pokemon Legends: Arceus.  So far it's amazing!  It'll take time to get used to the new mechanics ;)