Register Register

Author Topic: Sore Thumbs II: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 28753 times)

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Semi-Sentient MUL Roomba
    • Master Unit List
Re: Sore Thumbs II: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?
« Reply #570 on: 08 October 2021, 22:47:18 »
That's the Switch man. You play twitchy action games for hours with short sticks and boy oh boy will your muscles protest and cramp.

It simulates the GameBoy Advance and DS experience quite well  ;D

Pro controller 4life

Started on Metroid Dread tonight. Moody and merciless

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #571 on: 08 October 2021, 23:37:45 »
I remember when I was 16 and spent the weekend at a cousin's house after they got Mortal Kombat 3 on their Nintendo 64.  We all had blisters on our thumbs by Monday.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

TheoLehman

• Sergeant
« Reply #572 on: 09 October 2021, 00:05:25 »
Y'all I want to keep playing Cris Tales so much but the loading screen every time there's a random battle... I can't handle it, you guys.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #573 on: 15 October 2021, 03:52:52 »
Back4blood. Was all fun and games till the tunnel. X.x
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #574 on: 15 October 2021, 17:10:44 »
Welp...guess I'm not gonna be playing N64 games on my Switch after all. The expansion NSO+ is doubling the price to $50(!!) a year.

https://youtu.be/LmdgxvX3iTE

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

...oh gods, I just tried to imagine herding mimetic cats.
The Lyrans aren't losers.  They're...winning impaired.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #575 on: 26 October 2021, 21:17:09 »
Preordered SRW 30!!
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #576 on: 26 October 2021, 21:23:30 »
Hope it pans out. Are they releasing for Switch?

In the meantime, I'm currently playing a physical SNES cart for the first time so so so long. Got an Analogue NT console and the SNES experience is basically like it used to be but 1080p. Very very happy.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #577 on: 26 October 2021, 21:29:54 »
Hope it pans out. Are they releasing for Switch?

In the meantime, I'm currently playing a physical SNES cart for the first time so so so long. Got an Analogue NT console and the SNES experience is basically like it used to be but 1080p. Very very happy.

They are!! I'm weirdly excited for Sakura wars in dlc2.
 What game are you rocking on the console?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #578 on: 27 October 2021, 00:02:07 »
A local store is hinting that they might actually have PS5s for sale tomorrow.

Guess I'll see.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Triptych

• Warrant Officer
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #579 on: 27 October 2021, 11:19:55 »
It was a long grind, but I was finally able to complete the Halloween directive for both my characters on Planetside 2.  Yes! Gorgeous camo, and I didnt have to pay for it.  ;D

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #580 on: 27 October 2021, 11:26:17 »
Waiting for it as well for my Switch

Preordered SRW 30!!

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #581 on: 27 October 2021, 13:15:02 »
Anyone play Scarlet Nexus? Worth a buy?
Kinda itching for another hack 'n slash with rewarding combat. 

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #582 on: 27 October 2021, 13:40:43 »

They are!! I'm weirdly excited for Sakura wars in dlc2.
 What game are you rocking on the console?

Ultima 6. It was bad (the inventory controls are opaque). I switched to Super Mario World and then some FF Mystic Quest and Super Conflict. Good times good times.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #583 on: 27 October 2021, 14:38:43 »
mystic quest lowkey has one of the best soundtracks on the console

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #584 on: 27 October 2021, 15:57:17 »
mystic quest lowkey has one of the best soundtracks on the console

It's a weirdly chill rock vibe for sure.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #585 on: 29 October 2021, 16:44:36 »
Loving Srw30!! I'm at the point where I cant decide who I want to deploy. Amuro is pretty op in his gundam when you upgrade it.

Triptych

• Warrant Officer
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #586 on: 31 October 2021, 12:54:51 »
Ive been trying out this new directive camo I got for my 2 characters on Planetside 2, and this is better than any of the paid stuff I think.

Here is my Terran Republic engineer class:

And this is my Vanu Sovereignty MAX suit:

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #587 on: 31 October 2021, 13:40:50 »
I have certain favorites I use consistently, Amuro is among them.  Nadesico, Full Metal Panic!, UC Century Gundam i focus more on the early series. 

I rarely use the Super Robot series unless needed and only certain guest series.

And no,  Battletech doesn't count. 🤣

I.also tend to favor the space routes because of the Gundam focus.  Wish they would put Macross in again and let you use a Destroid.  I would love a game with a Destroid focus.

Loving Srw30!! I'm at the point where I cant decide who I want to deploy. Amuro is pretty op in his gundam when you upgrade it.

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #588 on: 31 October 2021, 13:54:06 »
New Vegas. Have heard good things and it was on sale

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #589 on: 31 October 2021, 14:23:47 »
New Vegas is a good game, but assuming you're on PC do yourself a huge favor and get the bugfix mods for it.  Unmodiied, it's got the stability of a Stalker II with a broken gyro.

Akamia

• Lieutenant
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #590 on: 31 October 2021, 21:32:03 »
Made a recent return to Minecraft Bedrock Edition. Attempting to get my self-imposed Hardcore world ready for conversion into a Realm for family and some friends to play on even when I'm not online. Not gonna do that until I've explored enough of the world with max-size maps to fill a map room 3x3, then built a fortress out somewhere distant from where my initial base was constructed; might have to lock my maps in the original base to keep the location of my new fortress hidden, depending on where I decide to set up shop. ;D

Tempted to construct it around my end portal, if I can find it again. Wherever I start building, I'm definitely going to be trapping the place thoroughly... and probably going to take notes to make sure I don't set off my own traps after a period of inactivity. Heh.
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

monbvol

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Flogging will continue until morale improves
« Reply #591 on: 01 November 2021, 09:34:28 »
Made a recent return to Minecraft Bedrock Edition. Attempting to get my self-imposed Hardcore world ready for conversion into a Realm for family and some friends to play on even when I'm not online. Not gonna do that until I've explored enough of the world with max-size maps to fill a map room 3x3, then built a fortress out somewhere distant from where my initial base was constructed; might have to lock my maps in the original base to keep the location of my new fortress hidden, depending on where I decide to set up shop. ;D

Tempted to construct it around my end portal, if I can find it again. Wherever I start building, I'm definitely going to be trapping the place thoroughly... and probably going to take notes to make sure I don't set off my own traps after a period of inactivity. Heh.

I'll have to load up the minecraft map I did up as a failed experiment to see if I could start a community project with my friends but I used some mod or utility to create a 6400x6400 block terraformed area and filed it with a not insubstantial bit of actual proper placing of stuff in minecraft vanilla.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Lemme Talk to the Manager!
« Reply #592 on: 02 November 2021, 09:39:28 »
Currently about Halfway through FARCRY 6, but next week...get to play all them old GTA games!  :drool:
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #593 on: 11 November 2021, 16:39:30 »
ok went back in time
messiah
you are little baby angel bob sent by god to earth to fix it....
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #594 on: 11 November 2021, 16:44:16 »
Super Robot Wars 30 for PS4. This is first game in that series that we got here in Europe that is crossover instead of Original Generation. So far they have been handling SSSS Gridman well (Baby Dan Dan) and combining MKR with Knights & Magic works.   
Star Captain John Kerensky, 7th Battle Cluster (The Blood-Drinkers), Gamma Galaxy, Clan Wolf 

Chu-sa Jiro Takahashi, 11th Legion of Vega (Swiftness of Wind), Draconis Combine

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #595 on: 11 November 2021, 16:54:21 »
I'm still trying to finish SRW:V, then SRW:T before I get to SRW:30 for Switch.  Bit disappointed about the series merge though.   

Super Robot Wars 30 for PS4. This is first game in that series that we got here in Europe that is crossover instead of Original Generation. So far they have been handling SSSS Gridman well (Baby Dan Dan) and combining MKR with Knights & Magic works.   

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Lemme Talk to the Manager!
« Reply #596 on: 12 November 2021, 09:14:08 »
Having never played the early GTA games, I have no started the GTA Definitive Edition (GTA III, San Andreas and Vice City)
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #597 on: 12 November 2021, 09:26:27 »
I love my copy of GTA: San Andreas... it's an early copy and on the PlayStation 2 platform! Meaning I have the version that's currently illegal due to the graphic contents... That version was pulled from the shelves after they found out how graphic it was. Nude images, bedroom languages and the ability to pimp and double collect modes.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #598 on: 12 November 2021, 10:02:31 »
I'm pretty sure it was just the Hot Coffee minigame (which was only playable on the PC version of the game and even then only if you went into the game's files rather than playing the game directly) that got the game pulled.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #599 on: 12 November 2021, 12:57:50 »
Started another Skyrim run using the Anniversary Edition because why not.