Register Register

Author Topic: Sore Thumbs II: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 43926 times)

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
Re: Sore Thumbs II: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?
« Reply #720 on: 28 January 2022, 01:43:29 »
It did pick up a lot of stuff the alcohol left behind. However, I think Lolo and Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers might have to depart for that great console in the sky. The former has scratches all over the contacts and even the masking layer and the latter had noticeable corrosion that I only mostly got out. Three other titles cleaned up really nicely though.

Can't treat them with flux and hit them with the soldering iron? Sometimes that brings them back.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #721 on: 28 January 2022, 08:21:15 »
Oh I could. But they're working now so I won't tin.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #722 on: 28 January 2022, 14:04:34 »
*Sapphrius captures Kirby, a rare pink shapeshifter- type Pokemon. Able to eat anything and mimic into that as a defensive mode. Kirby's are loyalist to the the end, even drawing upon it's inner strength to accomplish it's task. *

Just had too...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #723 on: 28 January 2022, 22:22:22 »
Oh I could. But they're working now so I won't tin.

Awesome!

I found the Halo MCC on Steam sale for 60% off, never played Halo before, so now I'm going to give it a shot.

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #724 on: 30 January 2022, 20:00:24 »
Still on Fate Grand Order; this game is not easy on Beginners since I am on the Third Singularity and still have yet to get a single 5 Star Character
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Dan19

• Recruit
« Reply #725 on: 07 February 2022, 21:31:50 »
I am playing Free Fire and it is a very exciting game, much more than Fortnite. Every update of free fire brings improvements and surprises for the players. Free Fire has quite a large amount of players. The game is very popular, especially in countries like India.

https://www.elinvocador.site/2022/02/nueva-actualizacion-de-free-fire.html
« Last Edit: 14 February 2022, 20:50:24 by Dan19 »

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #726 on: 10 February 2022, 16:01:35 »
Back to playing Tales of Arise and thought I was near the end after beating Volhra for the first time; not was i wrong- game is longer than I thought
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #727 on: 10 February 2022, 16:35:18 »
Playing through the Bioshock series again. Finished up the first game and just started Bioshock 2.

Clan Ghost Bear Beta & Rho Galaxies (3050, 3150)
3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau Galaxy

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Not smarter than a fifth grader
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #728 on: 10 February 2022, 16:46:54 »
Got the myst collection on humble bundle for $10 and went back through the first game. Good lord are some of those puzzles obtuse

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Part of the fanbase: I have very fringe interests
Same part of the fanbase: Why are my interests not specifically catered to and legitimized by canon?

Akamia

• Lieutenant
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #729 on: 13 February 2022, 00:14:11 »
Fired up Star Trek Online for the first time in 8 years. Discovered that Steam (or the people running STO) didn't want to cut out the middle man with the launcher/patcher. Mildly annoying, but hey, at least I can finally play again. ;D It's been too long, honestly.
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #730 on: 13 February 2022, 12:48:52 »
Fired up Star Trek Online for the first time in 8 years. Discovered that Steam (or the people running STO) didn't want to cut out the middle man with the launcher/patcher. Mildly annoying, but hey, at least I can finally play again. ;D It's been too long, honestly.
yah enjoy it...i dropped out after i had been asked one time too many to join groups every minute
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #731 on: 13 February 2022, 12:59:27 »
Kinda miss playing STO.  But its advanced so far now, I can't figure out what to do, let alone navigate the new Starbases.   Plus the land missions really turned me off.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #732 on: 13 February 2022, 13:58:24 »
Only adjacent to video games, but I have a downstairs HTPC where I use Kodi as the primary interface to launch media as well as Steam, GoG games via a tool called Playnite, and several Windows UWP streaming service apps. I have been *struggling* to get XB1 controller bindings to work and I just solved a bunch of problems, Huzzah!

AMA.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #733 on: 15 February 2022, 14:48:52 »
if this one is against the rules please remove it i dont want to be beaten with a rolled up news paper like a puppy that made a mess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fqhS1QuGcs&ab_channel=MachoNachoProductions
is this thing real or a dream that is broken for any ps2 user?
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Triptych

• Warrant Officer
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #734 on: 15 February 2022, 14:56:39 »
OK, I installed GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition and... I cant seem to find the folder to add custom music files. Does anybody know how to add custom music?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #735 on: 15 February 2022, 15:22:34 »
I don't think it has it.  The "definitive" edition cut out a lot of content and options.

On an unrelated note, one of my friends is getting into video games for the first time now that he's living with his brother and his brother's kids.  He was looking for recommendations for mecha games that are available on PC and Xbox One besides Mechwarrior 5.  Any good ones, especially for someone who doesn't have much experience with video games?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #736 on: 15 February 2022, 15:44:48 »
Checking out Lost Ark. Wonder if we need a thread for it.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #737 on: 15 February 2022, 15:51:58 »
Checking out Lost Ark. Wonder if we need a thread for it.

Go for it.

TheoLehman

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #738 on: 15 February 2022, 16:21:52 »
I don't think it has it.  The "definitive" edition cut out a lot of content and options.

On an unrelated note, one of my friends is getting into video games for the first time now that he's living with his brother and his brother's kids.  He was looking for recommendations for mecha games that are available on PC and Xbox One besides Mechwarrior 5.  Any good ones, especially for someone who doesn't have much experience with video games?
I think Daemon X Machina is on PC now.  The story is a trip.
This reminds me, I should go looking for more mecha games.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #739 on: 15 February 2022, 19:42:22 »
Super Robot Wars 30 and SD Gundam Crossrays are on Steam.

I think Daemon X Machina is on PC now.  The story is a trip.
This reminds me, I should go looking for more mecha games.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #740 on: 15 February 2022, 19:45:30 »
Streets of Rage 4. Exactly what I expected and wanted

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Same part of the fanbase: Why are my interests not specifically catered to and legitimized by canon?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #741 on: 15 February 2022, 20:34:25 »
Streets of Rage 4. Exactly what I expected and wanted

Did you get the DLC?

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

TheoLehman

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #742 on: 15 February 2022, 21:48:02 »
Super Robot Wars 30 and SD Gundam Crossrays are on Steam.
Possibly weird opinion: I do not like chibi mecha.  I just... don't.  And I cannot adequately explain why.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #743 on: 15 February 2022, 22:09:00 »
Did you get the DLC?

it was on XBox games pass - the DLC was extra so I haven't opted for it yet

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #744 on: 15 February 2022, 22:47:41 »
The DLC is worth it: adds Estel, Shiva (SOR4 version), Max (SOR4 version) and Roo (via cheat code).  Also adds new alternate moves for every character that can be unlocked by playing the Mr X Nightmare scenario, which is really addictive.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #745 on: 15 February 2022, 23:53:07 »
Possibly weird opinion: I do not like chibi mecha.  I just... don't.  And I cannot adequately explain why.
I feel you on s.d but I will admit I enjoyed SD Crossrays,the mechs didnt seem deformed and you can create custom pilots.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #746 on: 16 February 2022, 00:08:28 »
Super Robot Wars isn't SD.

Triptych

• Warrant Officer
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #747 on: 16 February 2022, 01:15:02 »

What? This is ridiculous. I think I'm just gonna uninstall and get a refund then. I might as well just play the old version since I still have the CDs.

Titanfall 2 is kinda fun for me.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #748 on: 16 February 2022, 01:18:55 »
What? This is ridiculous. I think I'm just gonna uninstall and get a refund then. I might as well just play the old version since I still have the CDs.

I definitely recommend getting a refund.  There was a huge backlash against Rockstar after the release last year.

TheoLehman

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #749 on: 16 February 2022, 09:06:27 »
Super Robot Wars isn't SD.
It's not straight up SD Gundam level, no, but those robots be chibi.
Also it was one of those games with like three or four different editions and if memory serves some day one DLC, so I wouldn't buy it anyway.
« Last Edit: 16 February 2022, 09:15:09 by TheoLehman »