Register Register

Author Topic: The Book of Boba Fett  (Read 9939 times)

Kentares

• Warrant Officer
Re: The Book of Boba Fett
« Reply #120 on: 28 January 2022, 10:57:25 »
I thought the opposite; he's going to have to go back to Mandalore and find the mines, the big arc for next season.

I think that will be the whole point of the Mando series. Which traditions he will follow and if he rules Mandalore (and/or Mandalorians) or not.
Star Wars ST and Star Trek current shows are crap.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #121 on: 28 January 2022, 10:59:31 »
I've heard Cad Bane making a cameo from several sources.
« Last Edit: 28 January 2022, 11:02:56 by Fat Guy »
I have spoken.

Garrand

• Warrant Officer
  • "Nicht kleckern, klotzen!"
« Reply #122 on: 28 January 2022, 11:07:30 »
I think that will be the whole point of the Mando series. Which traditions he will follow and if he rules Mandalore (and/or Mandalorians) or not.

He's also the guy carrying the Darksaber. I think the next season of The Mandalorian will be about how he reconciles the two (or more) different interpretations of Mando culture, & the realization that he has the Darksaber, won fairly according to the traditions of the Mandos. And the he gets to make the rules going forward.

Damon.
Book Blog: bookslikedust.blogspot.com
Minis Blog: minislikedust.blogspot.com

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #123 on: 28 January 2022, 11:42:30 »
I've heard Cad Bane making a cameo from several sources.
Could make sense, as Dave Filoni had planned an arc with him in Clone Wars before it was cancelled, leading to a showdown between Boba and Cad Bane. Now he has the vessel to deliver that.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #124 on: 28 January 2022, 11:53:14 »
Speculation:

Grogu getting jedi trained, being called a foundling, could possibly be a long game plan to make him the Mandalor too, after Din.  Even if the dark saber can only be won in combat, does it have to be the bloodshed type?
Technically they could arm wrestle, or play a game no?

Elmoth

• Captain
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #125 on: 28 January 2022, 12:40:06 »
BTW: I thought that Mando was past the "we do not remove our helmets" crap already afer meeting with Bo Katan. When did he return to that creed? Or is he supposed to not have flouted it repeatedly and be following it?

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #126 on: 28 January 2022, 13:53:18 »
To skirt rule 4 more closely than I want to in quest of a good example: a practicing Catholic isn't necessarily going to stop going to Mass just because they made a few Protestant friends that made fun of them for it.

Hoping that's okay, if not will remove.  Please don't try to debate the content of the analogy.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #127 on: 28 January 2022, 14:01:40 »
BTW: I thought that Mando was past the "we do not remove our helmets" crap already afer meeting with Bo Katan. When did he return to that creed? Or is he supposed to not have flouted it repeatedly and be following it?
if you watched the episode he hesitated to answer that question, and then they basically threw him out when he admitted he had taken off his helmet.

one thing I see the Mandalorian and the book of boba doing is "exploring" what it really means to be Mandalorian.
remember in the star wars lore Mandos, have been around as a warrior culture for something like 10,000 years sure things have changed, their specific gear and tactics have changed bla bla but they were around in the old republic and before the big sith-jedi war, and if you follow the lore of the old republic game and knights of the old republic 1 and 2 there was a significant war between the jedi and the Mandos before the events of those games.

in regards to the latest episode I kind of question the new ship that he is using as a replacement for the razor Crest, but you could say its kind of like going from using the millennium falcon to using an Xwing

on the other hand is it just me? or is his new ship still missing a fair amount of hull plating especially on the engines?

BATTLEMASTER

• Lieutenant
  • Lightning From Another Zip Code
« Reply #128 on: 28 January 2022, 14:51:08 »
He's also the guy carrying the Darksaber. I think the next season of The Mandalorian will be about how he reconciles the two (or more) different interpretations of Mando culture, & the realization that he has the Darksaber, won fairly according to the traditions of the Mandos. And the he gets to make the rules going forward.

Damon.

That's my guess!
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Kentares

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #129 on: 28 January 2022, 16:23:57 »
He's also the guy carrying the Darksaber...

Hence my point. The whole series is going to be about those issues. Maybe hes going to be the glue that Mandalorians need to join all factions under one leader.
Star Wars ST and Star Trek current shows are crap.

BirdDog

• Sergeant
« Reply #130 on: 28 January 2022, 17:17:49 »

He's spent nearly his entire life raised as Death Watch - I doubt he can let go of it that easily.  He also had never even heard of Bo Katan, and *did* accuse them of not being Mandalorian when they told him that *he* was the weird subsect of Mandalorian culture.

Per his creed, he's still not supposed to be removing it - he made that exception for Grogu and that's why he was run off. 

I *do* think that because he knows of Bo Katan & Friends now, that he didn't put up as much of a fight as he may otherwise have - and severing his ties to Death Watch can't be a bad thing. (Seriously...nothing good ever comes from hanging out with those guys....)

Dubble_g

• Lieutenant
  • Keep your friends close, and your vodka closer
    • My personal blog (BattleTech fiction, original fiction, SF book and movie reviews)
« Reply #131 on: 28 January 2022, 22:07:53 »
All y'all speculating about how this impacts Mando season 3 has me wondering if this isn't going to confuse people who skipped this show. I know a couple of Mando fans who haven't bothered as they have no interest in Boba Fett, so I wonder how they're going to keep viewers from being confused what is going on. Some kind of "the story so far" episode in Mando S3 perhaps?

Also I'm not sure I like the crossover Marvellization of Star Wars. For one thing, SW doesn't really have the deep bench of characters that Marvel has, so it's going to be the same three or four people in every show. For another, I can see it leasing to the worst aspects of Marvel shows, in that they feel just like ads for the next show or movie.
Author, "Inverted" (Shrapnel #4)
BattleTech stories:
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Mynameisdoubleg/works?fandom_id=51921204
Reviews and Warhammer 40K:
https://one-way-mirror.blogspot.jp/

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #132 on: 28 January 2022, 22:11:00 »
Could make sense, as Dave Filoni had planned an arc with him in Clone Wars before it was cancelled, leading to a showdown between Boba and Cad Bane. Now he has the vessel to deliver that.
Wasn't that episode made? I remember a showdown scene between the two. That's where the dent in his helmet came from. I don't remember where I saw it, though.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #133 on: 29 January 2022, 01:06:16 »
Some speculation:
Why is e5 an episode of BoBF and not just e1 of Mando s3? Perhaps there is more to do with Boba Fett than is immediately let on...when the Armorer spoke of the mythosaur legend and supposedly rising up and ushering in a new age of Mandalore, could that somehow mean Boba will be the next Mandalore? As far as I am aware, he is the only "mandalorian" to wear the mythosaur sigil on his armor, also, old EU had him take the role

Sure he has no interest in being Mandalorian, but neither does Din have any interest in leading  so who knows where the story will eventually go

Wasn't that episode made? I remember a showdown scene between the two. That's where the dent in his helmet came from. I don't remember where I saw it, though.
No, the episode was never made, but I think the scene (in very crude cg) was released as extra content
« Last Edit: 29 January 2022, 01:08:20 by Zeruel »
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #134 on: 29 January 2022, 11:05:05 »
No, the episode was never made, but I think the scene (in very crude cg) was released as extra content
Ok. Found it on YT. Also was reminded of the Bad Batch episode with Bane in it. Makes much more sense now.

BATTLEMASTER

• Lieutenant
  • Lightning From Another Zip Code
« Reply #135 on: 29 January 2022, 22:20:21 »
Some speculation:
Why is e5 an episode of BoBF and not just e1 of Mando s3? Perhaps there is more to do with Boba Fett than is immediately let on...when the Armorer spoke of the mythosaur legend and supposedly rising up and ushering in a new age of Mandalore, could that somehow mean Boba will be the next Mandalore? As far as I am aware, he is the only "mandalorian" to wear the mythosaur sigil on his armor, also, old EU had him take the role

Sure he has no interest in being Mandalorian, but neither does Din have any interest in leading  so who knows where the story will eventually go

I think this is plausible.  Boba might decide that the "crime lord" life might not be for him and truly become Mandalorian.  Whether he becomes Mandalore or not, I'm not sure.  Could he actually be Din's new "foundling"?   ;D
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #136 on: 30 January 2022, 01:17:37 »
I think this is plausible.  Boba might decide that the "crime lord" life might not be for him and truly become Mandalorian.  Whether he becomes Mandalore or not, I'm not sure.  Could he actually be Din's new "foundling"?   ;D

Or perhaps...
once Boba sets up his new criminal empire after getting rid of the Pykes, Din convinces him to fight for a new Mandalore, his father's people...Boba leaves Tatooine in the very capable hands of Fennec Shand, and joins Din for Mando S3...and maybe ends up leading a new Mandalore?

We all know Boba will defeat the Pykes, how can we seriously leave Boba's story as just the criminal ruler of Tatooine (and apparently not even all of Tatooine, just Mos Espa)

BoBF would then just be an interlude to show a bit of Boba before Mando S3
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

Elmoth

• Captain
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #137 on: 30 January 2022, 02:47:53 »
In that escenario I would prefer that the one joining mando was Fennec, though.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #138 on: 30 January 2022, 05:50:49 »
I think there are so many different factions for the Mandalorian. Jin was a part of a certin faction and Bo Katan was a part of a different one, she seemed to have no problem removing her helmet and didn't have the strict honor code.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

500 is the number of Warships just passed the 566 Battlemechs I now own.

BirdDog

• Sergeant
« Reply #139 on: 30 January 2022, 09:26:52 »
I think there are so many different factions for the Mandalorian. Jin was a part of a certain faction and Bo Katan was a part of a different one, she seemed to have no problem removing her helmet and didn't have the strict honor code.

It goes back to The Clone Wars, as well as Rebels (really, really abbreviated version):

Death Watch were hardliners, preferring to stick to the old traditions of when the Mandalorians were purely warriors.  They were essentially labelled a terrorist group by the Mandalorian government and were pretty small after the Mandalorian Civil War.   

But, they were based on Concordia (Mandalore's moon) - so, during the Night of a Thousand Tears, they were largely spared.  And because they had a belief that Bo-Katan and the Mandalorian people were cursed because she was given the Darksaber instead of earning it, they felt validated in their beliefs and became even more zealous in them - and this is the faction that Din Djarin is (was) a part of.

Bo Katan was Death Watch, but left when Maul took over prior to the end of the Clone Wars.

There are undoubtedly some other pockets of survivors floating around, but throughout the various shows there has pretty much been Death Watch, and the "main" Mandalorians - that seems to still mostly be the case.

Death Monkey

• Sergeant
« Reply #140 on: 31 January 2022, 01:20:02 »
I am wondering if we’re seeing a Lord of the Flies/Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome situation here?  The Death Watch leave their children and Foundlings in a crèche on Concordia. The Death Watch goes and gets killed/captured after the Republic takes Mandalore. The children end up adult less. The most dominant kid(the Armorer) creates a new Mandalorian code based on a mix of her memories and imagination. She forms the children into a cult worshipping that new creed.

Thus, you end up with what we have now, The Children of the Deathwatch. A sect that has a stricter code than the actual Death Watch had.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #141 on: 31 January 2022, 03:08:07 »
I am wondering if we’re seeing a Lord of the Flies/Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome situation here?  The Death Watch leave their children and Foundlings in a crèche on Concordia. The Death Watch goes and gets killed/captured after the Republic takes Mandalore. The children end up adult less. The most dominant kid(the Armorer) creates a new Mandalorian code based on a mix of her memories and imagination. She forms the children into a cult worshipping that new creed.

Thus, you end up with what we have now, The Children of the Deathwatch. A sect that has a stricter code than the actual Death Watch had.

highly unlikely, at least where the Armorer is concerned as she has knowledge of Mandalorian history and traditions, not to mention that Bo Katan knows of them and considers them extremists who want to return to the old ways (not just growing up with a new creed)

also:
1. not all Death Watch sided with Maul (ie. Bo Katan), so following Maul's defeat at the end of the Clone Wars, Bo's Death Watch would know of these kids and probably go get them
2. even assuming only Maul's Death Watch knew of these kids, Gar Saxon is Maul's right hand man from Death Watch, arrested at the end of the Clone Wars, and then is back in power as governor under the Empire, so he would know of these kids...neither side is going to just leave the kids where they are to raise themselves, at the very least Maul/the Empire would want them raised to be in service to them

Dubble_g

• Lieutenant
  • Keep your friends close, and your vodka closer
    • My personal blog (BattleTech fiction, original fiction, SF book and movie reviews)
« Reply #142 on: 02 February 2022, 06:25:18 »
What even is this show now?

The Book of Literally Every Character Introduced in the Clone Wars TV Show
Guest Starring: Did We Stutter
With
Everyone from The Mandalorian Too
Also With
IDK Even the Frog Lady Is Probably in There Somewhere
Not Starring
Boba Fett lmao
Author, "Inverted" (Shrapnel #4)
BattleTech stories:
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Mynameisdoubleg/works?fandom_id=51921204
Reviews and Warhammer 40K:
https://one-way-mirror.blogspot.jp/

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #143 on: 02 February 2022, 06:34:01 »
Even so, loved this episode. Especially the duel in Free Town, with the first “live-action” appearance of Cad Bane. If you’re going to have a Star Wars space western, you have to have Cad Bane. Having the duel vs Cobb Vanth was just icing on the cake. Can’t wait to see Bane vs Fett.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Garrand

• Warrant Officer
  • "Nicht kleckern, klotzen!"
« Reply #144 on: 02 February 2022, 11:02:21 »
I think with shows like this, you have to stop seeing it as "a show about Boba Fett" & start seeing it as an opportunity to advance the storyline.

For me I thought it was a great episode. It advanced the storyline for The Mando, Boba Fett, & others. I can only see that as a good thing.

Damon.
Book Blog: bookslikedust.blogspot.com
Minis Blog: minislikedust.blogspot.com

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #145 on: 02 February 2022, 11:36:57 »
Same, was a very good episode and much better tying into the Boba Fett-story than the previous.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to go...
« Reply #146 on: 02 February 2022, 12:04:41 »
I'm just annoyed. Why cannot Groku wear/wield both and just chalk it as "The Way"?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #147 on: 02 February 2022, 12:09:42 »
I'm just annoyed. Why cannot Groku wear/wield both and just chalk it as "The Way"?

Because then his fate would have to be getting smoked by the Knights of Ren.  This sets up the first in a long line of Luke’s failures as a teacher, which puts him on the path to Porg Island.
« Last Edit: 02 February 2022, 23:49:17 by Mendrugo »
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #148 on: 02 February 2022, 16:21:18 »
The Pykes just made enemies of all of Freetown and whoever survived the Sanctuary bombing (I'm betting both Cobb Vanth and Garsa Fwip survive). They'll probably join Fett for free now.
I have spoken.

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #149 on: 02 February 2022, 16:45:17 »
To be fair, I just was impressed that Cad Bane turned out as well as he did.