Register Register

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Clan Chatterweb / Re: About the Wars of Reaving
« Last post by Intermittent_Coherence on Today at 15:51:28 »

That’s a background factor, not a cause.  A power play by the Steel Viper Khan was the cause of the Wars of Reaving, specifically using Spheroid “taint” as an excuse to weaken opponents by reaving “tainted” blood heritages.  The Society and Bandit Caste took advantage of the confusion to make their own bid for independence, which further added to the chaos.  Clan raiding economics made things worse because many clans and enclaves relied too heavily on trials of possession rather than self-sufficiency, which meant they didn’t have the right supplies and logistics when the shooting really started.  But that wasn’t a cause of the Wars of Reaving in the way that the Vipers and Society/Bandits were.
More like they used Spheroid 'taint' as an excuse to lash out at anyone they didn't like and settle old scores. Seriously, they went after the Snow Ravens who wasn't even an Operation Revival Clan and had only the barest of Inner Sphere connections. The Star Adders backed them because they had projected, correctly, how Revival would go and had prepared accordingly only to be excluded from the invasions and wanted to offset the massive growth the Invading Clans had gained, only to finish the Vipers off at the end for being rabid ******.
It would have been more interesting if the Society had won out.  Different leadership, politics, and goals.  Caste system reordered.  Different weapons of war.  Different unit organization.  Etc.  Could have developed into a genuinely new BT society instead of Clans Mk II: Now More Extreme.
Yeah. That way just their continued existence without any tech regression wouldn't break my SOD completely.
Off Topic / Re: Predator 5
« Last post by Jim1701 on Today at 15:43:25 »
The problem is that streaming has quickly been becoming cable all over again.

I have noticed that.  OTOH, it's pretty easy to sign up for a service for a month then cancel.  Sign up for another service for a month then cancel.  There really isn't a reason to keep a streaming service all the time. 

The studios will have to realize at some point they can't all have their own streaming services.  It's one thing to sign up for 3-4 streaming services but no one wants to have 7-8 or more.  It's just stupid.  It may take some time for them to figure it out though.  Studio execs don't always strike me as overly bright.  Greedy but not bright.
Fan Articles / Re: 'Mech of the Week - Ryoken III-XP (Skinwalker)
« Last post by grimlock1 on Today at 15:30:19 »
I figure the last XP pilots died during the ilClan Trial . . . it is the type of fight you do not care about expending that type of asset.
Yeah, I'm not leaving anyone on bench for that fight. 
Clan Chatterweb / Re: About the Wars of Reaving
« Last post by CVB on Today at 15:27:33 »
It would have been more interesting if the Society had won out.  Different leadership, politics, and goals.  Caste system reordered.  Different weapons of war.  Different unit organization.  Etc.  Could have developed into a genuinely new BT society instead of Clans Mk II: Now More Extreme.

I hope that if/when we do see the Homeworlds again they are a radically different evolution of the Clans.
Strongly agree. The shakeup of the WoR would have been (or still could be) an excellent chance to break some of the "asskicking equals authority" mold of most BT societies.
Off Topic / Re: Leviathans board game, aka Monsters in the sky
« Last post by Weirdo on Today at 15:25:31 »
The restriction that might be throwing you is that unless they sat still that turn, a ship can only change one hexside in a single hex.

So at the minimum, after you turn one hexside, you must move forward at least one hex before turning again. But you can keep repeating this process as often as you like, up to the limits of your MP.

Most ships end up having to move further than that because of higher turn ratings, but that's a different rule, and we have to stop somewhere before we quote the entire movement section.
« Last post by pokefan548 on Today at 15:18:05 »
Interesting since I feel the same about cable and network television.  I only watch streaming services. Had it up to my eyeballs with cable years ago.

Though most of these movies will end up on DVD eventually just like a theatrical release.
The problem is that streaming has quickly been becoming cable all over again.
« Last post by Jim1701 on Today at 15:15:24 »
Since i refuse to do streaming services, of course I won't.

Interesting since I feel the same about cable and network television.  I only watch streaming services. Had it up to my eyeballs with cable years ago.

Though most of these movies will end up on DVD eventually just like a theatrical release. 
Fan Fiction / Re: The Bed We Made (Arluna)
« Last post by Blade4 on Today at 15:09:47 »
I was expecting a memory core or some installation but a plague? Damn why would the league play with plague in or near a important resource center? But there is opportunity here. Oh yeah there is going to be giga death and entire worlds die but when all is said and done Kowloon might well be free. That plague is gonna spread to a number of worlds before it is stopped and most of them are going to die violently and the greater FedCom will quarantine the mess. Even the clans will go along after the first cluster or 3 that try stupid shit die really horrible deaths. And deep in that zone will be Kowloon assumed dead from the plague but actually growing fast without the FedCom or clan boot on their necks. The rockjacks will help them as ever and Elizabeth and her people will find a way to survive.

Hell the hill people of Arluna ironically are well positioned to survive. The are already in bunker mentality and loosely organized. As the city folk and duke die choking on their blood they will simply simply quarantine themselves and shoot anyone unknown trying to approach and then eventually Kowloon shows up... But yeah it will be very hard and they will stumble but being cut off from the rest of sphere could end up one of the best things to ever happen to them and in a few decades Kowloon could reemerge as the center of a pocket empire that can out fight its neighbors who really dont want to approach them anyway for fear of the plague.
Fan Fiction / Re: The Federated Sun's Reborn Part TWO
« Last post by DragonKhan55 on Today at 15:05:34 »
Tagged for great glory.
Fan Articles / Re: 'Mech of the Week - Ryoken III-XP (Skinwalker)
« Last post by Colt Ward on Today at 15:02:14 »
It is, however, extinct on MUL for ilClan era, if canon availability matters for players. I suppose there could be some XPs left but presumably there never were many of those. (I figure XPs won't be converted into production-grade units, potentially too many problems in the prototype for that to be economical, especially if they are usable as they are.)

I figure the last XP pilots died during the ilClan Trial . . . it is the type of fight you do not care about expending that type of asset.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10