Register Register

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SSW lets you make customized weapons; look at /Docs/CustomEquipment.md. Feel free to start a new post in the MechWarrior and BattleTech Computer | Console Games board if you need help.

Wait what?

Frag dammit, I have been struggling on with HMP because it has custom weapons (and MML does not, to my knowledge) because of basically, my house-rule AC changes.

Can you print out record sheets at 2x scale (for playing 30m to 2"?)

If so, I need to have a proper look at it.

Only... 1682 mech variants (not even looked at vehicles) to look over and sort the picture out for (assuming SSW doesn't have picture attached...)
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Clan Naval Reserves
« Last post by Alan Grant on Today at 08:07:45 »
i would think the bulk of warship were taken out of mothballs during the clan invasion as they would need to secure the route to the inner sphere and they were also not aware on how many warships remain in belong to houses.  Of course they should have an inkling from the dragoon scouting mission that no many were left but they could never trully be certain.  Beside the warship they would had needed massive amounts of jumpships and not all clan could relied on clan diamond shark to provide them.

That's not really what we're talking about/discussing/debating. We're talking about whether those activated assets, prior to their activation were owned by 1 Clan, or all of them as a communal reserve owned by all the Clans.

We know the Clans activated more and more naval reserve assets, throughout all eras of their history, some eras more than others. I don't think anyone is disputing that. But who OWNED those assets when they were sitting in a naval reserve cache? That's the question in which there has been some debate.
Yes, Streak does not qualify for LRM/SRM.  The primary purpose of those specials is to allow the use of alternate munitions, and Streak requires streak ammo.
BattleMechs / Spector Succession Wars Downgrade
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 08:02:01 »
Being that the Exterminator received a Succession Wars version, I don't see why the Spector shouldn't have one too:
Code: [Select]
Spector (SW) SPR-4S

Mass: 35 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Experimental Tech
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/X-E-D-D
Production Year: 3025
Dry Cost: 3,272,760 C-Bills
Total Cost: 3,272,760 C-Bills
Battle Value: 855

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 245 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 75.6 km/h
Maximum Speed: 118.8 km/h
Jump Jets: Unknown
    Jump Capacity: 210 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
    2  Medium Lasers
    1  Recon Camera
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard                      58 points                3.50
Engine:             Fusion Engine                245                      12.00
    Walking MP: 7
    Running MP: 11
    Jumping MP: 7 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 1 CT, 3 LT, 3 RT                                   3.50
Heat Sinks:         Single Heat Sink             10                        0.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 CT
Gyro:               Standard                                               3.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 119                  7.50

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     11           17       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  5         
                                           L/R Torso     8            11       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  5         
                                             L/R Arm     6            12       
                                             L/R Leg     8            16       

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Medium Laser                                 RA        3         1         1.00
Medium Laser                                 LA        3         1         1.00
Recon Camera                                 HD        0         1         0.50
                                            Free Critical Slots: 36

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      4    Points: 9
7j         1       1       0       0      1     0   Structure:  3
Special Abilities: ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA
« Last post by Intermittent_Coherence on Today at 07:51:06 »
San Diego and Norfolk Boneyards is where the spare assets NOT assigned to a particular Clan were parked. I do not think any numbers of what might be in each was ever stated in canon. Both were raided by the Wolverines when they bolted.
The Wolverines only took 2 from each though.
I think that gradually more and more of the naval caches and brian caches of equipment were claimed by specific Clans, which were used to fill out the toumans, or sat in reserve but still owned by a specific Clan.
I agree that this is likely what happened. The Clans have been in existence for over 200 years at the point of Revival. Two hundred years in which ships were reactivated as a Clan found the need, mothballed as a Clan lost that need, traded as a Clan found it needed something else, or outright built new as a Clan realised it needed something new. A warship is a significant investment in terms of maintenance after all.

A Clan might have needed to reactivate a ship in the era when everybody was expanding, but in the crunch when the Clan's fortunes were waning, it might simply mothball it rather than keep pouring in the resources to keep it operational. That or trade it to somebody else, while not necessarily able to keep it running themselves, are looking at a point in the near future where they might need it.
i would think the bulk of warship were taken out of mothballs during the clan invasion as they would need to secure the route to the inner sphere and they were also not aware on how many warships remain in belong to houses.  Of course they should have an inkling from the dragoon scouting mission that no many were left but they could never trully be certain.  Beside the warship they would had needed massive amounts of jumpships and not all clan could relied on clan diamond shark to provide them.
No, they relied on Snow Raven if they weren't relying on Diamond Sharks. Remember that Revival was only carried out by less than half the number of Clans in existence. They were among the largest ones around, but still far from the full force of the Clans. Plus it's canon that all but the Wolves underestimated the logistical requirements.
« Last post by Marveryn on Today at 07:46:55 »
« Last post by Alan Grant on Today at 07:30:01 »
I do have an easier time believing there was a "communal mothball" owned by all of the Clans in the earlier decades of their existence. They inherited a crazy amount of equipment from the SLDF-in-exile. Enough to fill entire divisions and warship fleets. Brian Caches full of stuff, naval caches full of stuff. More than they could possibly use or need at that time. It's easier to imagine that there were caches of stuff that none of the Clans sought to own at that time.

The Clans were too small. Their toumans were a fraction of what we see in the 3050s-3060s, and their fleets were most likely also smaller. They were scaling up gradually those first few generations (with some noteworthy setbacks in cases where warriors adopted from the Pentagon populations revolted against the Clan way). Small number of worlds, small populations, small warrior castes.

The Mongoose absorption happened in 2868. The Clans were founded in 2807. So about 60 years into the Founding of the Clans. They were still smaller then.

As the Clans grew, larger populations, larger toumans, more worlds, they actually needed a lot of that cached stuff, or sought to own it themselves just in case they ever did. I suspect somewhere in there, they began to divvy it up more via votes or probably more commonly, Trials. Do what the Jaguars did but on a more routine basis, a bunch of jumpships/dropships here, a warship there, until there was little to nothing left as a "communal cache" and instead each Clan had the resources to maintain their own reserve caches.

I think that gradually more and more of the naval caches and brian caches of equipment were claimed by specific Clans, which were used to fill out the toumans, or sat in reserve but still owned by a specific Clan.

I've been going through Wars of Reaving again, looking at all of the naval cache references. Every one I can find has a Clan attached to it, ownership wise. Except for one reference used by the Cobras toward the end of this list.

-The Diamond Sharks got their Essex out of their Shark Babylon naval reserve cache and quietly snuck it back to the Inner Sphere.

-The Sharks activated an Samarkand-class carrier out of the Sharks Vinton naval cache. They noted the presence of two other vessels but lacked the resources to activate them.

-The Vipers pulled an Aegis out of their New Kent naval reserve cache.

-At Priori we have the Burrock rebellion, and they activated ships from the Adder's last naval cache there.

-The Coyotes found 3 Star League era warships docked together to make a crude space station in System 671-H. A bandit hideout basically. It concluded they were from an old Clan Mongoose cache.

Very notably, after the Wars of Reaving, there is talk of a shortage of naval equipment. The Adders, trying to rebuild, have nothing left in caches. There is no talk of getting anything from any communal caches. The Stone Lions work to activate 2 warships from a Hell's Horse cache. The Cobras activate two Sovetskii Soyuz vessels and tried to activate a Samarkand but gave up after years of trying and turned it into a training vessel. No cache name is identified for where these three vessels came from. It's the only unnamed cache reference with no Clan specific name attached to it. But its ownership doesn't seem to be in dispute, there is no talk of trials or fighting involved.

By Wars of Reaving Supplemental, it is noted that there is a shortage of transportation assets, jumpships and dropships, throughout the Homeworlds. But there is no talk of activating caches. Instead, the Coyotes have begun building new jumpships and dropships. It's implied that these vessels are appearing all over Kerensky space, suggesting that the Coyotes are exporting/trading them, or that the other Clans are trialing for some of them.
Fan Art / Re: Spacecraft Dimensions - Round Two
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 07:23:26 »
Sarna goes with option 1...  8)
Fan Fiction / Re: "Steal, buy, or Build?" (a Ngoverse piece.)
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 07:21:46 »
I eagerly await the trash talking!  :D
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: The Brick...
« Last post by DEZOAT on Today at 07:17:31 »
 :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) I love the Brick it looks great. Thanks for the pics.  :thumbsup:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10