Register Register

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Alpha Strike / Infantry Formation
« Last post by Highlander_Incoming on Today at 22:23:08 »
Hi,
As my group is slowly developing and been looking into Infantry a bit more, I tend to play Inner Sphere.  So, my question on this, with the understanding of a Lance is 4 Mechs or 8 vehicles.  How many infantry bases would be in a lance?  Or if referring to page 124 with Force Building, you can have up to 6 infantry platoons per a company?
Tell 'em to give us more Shark/Fox Mechs, so I can avoid any more "It's a nice looking force but it's all stuff any Clan could have, it doesn't really feel like a Shark/Fox force" conversations.

The thing about shark/fox mechs is they'd probably be selling it to someone else anyway.
Hobby Tips and Tricks / Re: Painting handle?
« Last post by Pat Payne on Today at 22:10:13 »
I use old Tamiya paint bottles and affix the mini to the bottle's top with Silly Putty.
I just saw Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.  It was pretty good, lots of choreographed fighting and good special effects. 

More importantly, it was the first time I've been in a theater since before covid.  I wore my mask, of course, and I have had my vaccination.  Glad to be back to a show, however.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Saw Venom 2, after a less the week from seeing Shang Chi.  Watch the Pitch Meeting on Youtube and well that the movie.
I wonder which guide the Kodiak will show up in.  Also wondering who's going to wind up producing the Masakari: here's hoping it's not the Sea Foxes.

It was notes in thr Tukayyid sourcebook that the Sharks were big users of the Warhawk.  Because of that, the Foxes are the most likely candidate to be building them
Tell 'em to give us more Shark/Fox Mechs, so I can avoid any more "It's a nice looking force but it's all stuff any Clan could have, it doesn't really feel like a Shark/Fox force" conversations.
That's a really tough call. The Tomahawk has the advantage in throw weight, but the Iron Cheetah has a slight edge in mobility, especially in the B config. The Dire Wolf suffers from configurations that are not as optimized as the others, though the Widowmaker would likely smash either one of them. I'd probably have to hand it to either the Tomahawk II A or the Iron Cheetah B.
I personally like the original Tomahawk's weapon configurations.  While i know it's slower than Iron Cheetah, I like character the original Tomahawk had.
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Tinfoil Battletech!
« Last post by Wrangler on Today at 21:54:55 »
Malvina Hazen was fighting to unite the Inner Sphere with brutal force so to harden it for alien hordes she knew that were coming!  Were doomed now I tell you!
I think what I'm most happy about really is the Bears finally moving away from "bear"-themed names
We're stuck with about a 4 hour timespan to play, and that's if we get started right away.  In addition, this is more about just playing the game and blowing each other's mechs up and laughing about all the crap talk we make as we play.  We generally don't do much in the way of official historicals because setting that up can take too long.

Oh there is no long set up here.
He announces the date weeks or a month ahead of time & tells you the set up.

Gives you the Factions/Techlevels/Year etc etc ahead of time so you can build forces long before the day off.
Then for anyone that doesn't want to do that he still brings some pre-made forces from minis he owns.

The longest part is more like getting the players to start moving into game mode instead of chatting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register