Register Register

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The last item is interesting from a that's a lot of matchscore if only play a couple of games a day and what we are seeing in immigration into the BattleTech/MechWarrior community at present.
It's mostly interesting because a bunch of the higher-scoring (by matchscore) players are busy with comp while this event runs.
hornets. dozens of hornets.

And Fleas. All sorts of bug ‘Mechs.

And Falcons for command ‘Mechs. Just for something different.

Ruger
The hard 40k score goal is only for the camo scheme though. You can get the 'Mech itself easy enough.
A Time of War / Re: Need Help with Character Sheet Creation
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 05:58:48 »
We can have a dropship, since we are not going to be too strict on rules and manage it narrative wise in order to get comfortable and everyone enjoy their first games until we can spike the difficulty.

She likes it a lot, and it plays out in the scheme of how we get together, maybe my character can help her escape and in the process get intimate and become a couple.

As for my character any chance i can get some changes in order to use an Atlas or is too soon in the game?

Thank you very much for everything. Really appreciate it.
Glad she likes the idea!  I'll put her character together today.  Any word on your friend?

As far as you helping her escape, that's easy enough.  Figure you were a liaison officer with a mercenary unit that raided Liao space, and you talked the unit into taking her and her fighter aboard (and back to Galatea).

It's certainly not too early for an Atlas, but Assault 'Mechs are expensive.  I'll see what I can do.
Off Topic / Re: Smoking and BBQ
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 05:46:59 »
Those look delicious!  :thumbsup:
105s have a throw weight of 12kg.  155s have a 49kg throw weight.  Some shell variances but still.  120s hover around 20kg though again variance.

An avenger gatling cannon has a throw weight of 55kg 1 sec bursts, putting it in the light cannon or ac5 range for rapidfire weapons, or most closely a rapid fire machine gun doing 1d6 damage due to its low range.  Though it doesnt penetrate the heaviest armor it still kills old tanks real good. 

75mm have pretty low throw weights overall.

Unless there was more WoB tampering, I was going by what Herb posted. I do know there's variances in shells and not all guns are the same but still, the 105mm is equivalent to a HRC. The 120mm is equivalent to a LAC/2. So the 105mm would do 6 points and the 120mm would do 2 points. That doesn't seem right to me.

With the 25mm Gatling Gun being equivalent to a LB5X I would hope that the 30mm Avenger would be more like a RAC/5.

True, but so do all the cannons smaller than 75mm and they do damage. 
Unfortunately, there's one more story I will like to talk about. This one is not from a new writer.

MOVING FOWARD by Daniel Isberner

I flipped straight to Moving Forward after it was mentioned in the Commander's Call. I was excited to see what was going on in the Scorpion Empire. I was disappointed. This was the most disappointed short story in Issue #6. This is the most disappointing BattleTech short story I ever read. I won't get into spoilers. The plot of Moving Forward warrants a novella at the least. It does not work as a short story. The stakes are too high. The mussels, too delectably interesting to get so little screen time. If TPTB are reading this and if Daniel Isberner is willing, I implore that this story be greatly expanded upon. Moving Forward in its current state is a disservice to Clan Goliah Scorpian. That is all.

An interesting takeaway from the story.
If you haven't read it yet, I think you should take a look at this:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https://hpgstation.de/2021/09/11/fuer-die-eridani-light-horses-schreiben-spoilergefahr/

Original link (google free):
https://hpgstation.de/2021/09/11/fuer-die-eridani-light-horses-schreiben-spoilergefahr/

But a few additional words: the Scorpion Empire isn't center stage right now. It is way out in the Deep Periphery. That means, there are two possible ways this story was going to happen: as a short story in Shrapnel, or not at all.
Right now, the focus lies elsewhere and novellas and novels require a lot more work during all stages of the process. That would take away precious time from other products more important to the general state of the story. The Scorpion Empire is already getting a lot of screen time with all the little products Geoff has in the queue right now. He put time and effort in to turn the Scorpions into what they are. But that also means they are already binding resources. There are only so many resources justifiable to throw at them.
A novel or even a novella isn't in the cards right now. We did include a lot of possible story hooks in that one. The reestablishment of Göttingen alone can be full blown novel, in theory. But again, that would bind too many resources. So, instead, it is a really nice plot hook for fans to play a campaign on.
Right now, a short story is really the best that could be done to move the Scorpion Empire into the ilClan era.
I tried to put as much exposition into it as possible without tripping that invisible line of too much exposition and too little time for the story. For you, I think I crossed the line into the wrong direction. I am sorry for that, but it is a fine line to walk on and I did the best I could with the situation in front of me.
Still, the fact that you want more and actually would like me to be the one to do it, means, to me, it wasn't my writing or the story (at least not directly) but an understandable dissatisfaction with the what is doable right now. I scratch that one down on the plus side on my part. As far as your dissatisfaction goes, I scratch that one down on the negative side. Seems like a fair way to deal with it.
Actually… that might be the one way that I wouldn’t mind having LAMS in Battletech. As long as they were sufficiently penalized for still trying to be two things at once, it would at least avoid the issue of trying to shoehorn Starscream into the game.

Well, there's still the 1/3 speed on the ground. Even XXL engines would only bump the speed up to maybe 5/8 for a 20 ton AirMech without other enhancements which wouldn't leave room weapons. That's presuming an AirMech speed of 18/27 and use of other weight saving technologies. Plus there's half physical strength, not being able to mount physical weapons, or anything else LAMs can have. Turn Modes. I think there's enough penalizations in place for pure AirMechs to be a thing. And having Starscream around gives Megatron someone else to shoot at.
105s have a throw weight of 12kg.  155s have a 49kg throw weight.  Some shell variances but still.  120s hover around 20kg though again variance.

An avenger gatling cannon has a throw weight of 55kg 1 sec bursts, putting it in the light cannon or ac5 range for rapidfire weapons, or most closely a rapid fire machine gun doing 1d6 damage due to its low range.  Though it doesnt penetrate the heaviest armor it still kills old tanks real good. 

75mm have pretty low throw weights overall.
This has got to be the most unsubtle reference to 40k (and Space Marines in particular) I've ever seen in a MechWarrior game. ;D

Tempted to borrow my brother's PC again to play for this stuff. I've been meaning to collect my new Timber Wolf and Dire Wolf from the pack a couple of months ago.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register