Register Register

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
But the fact that, even after going as native as they have, the Bears would just sit by and do literally nothing at all - no scouting, no expeditionary force, no observers, no anything - was just lame. The whole point of the Clans - certainly the whole point of the Invasion, anyway - was to conquer Terra. Having the Bears voluntarily sit the battle out deviates from their entire existence.

Absolutely. Even with their FRR roots, I would think that Terra would matter to them as well. Not form a conquering standpoint but from a historical standpoint. Comstar was one of their helpers and they did help the Republic.

Their merger with the FRR was probably the best example of a Clan trying to merge with an Inner Sphere nation. Being a Warden Clan, I thought they would have at least had something up their sleeve to stick it to the two crusaders trying to conquer Terra.

Ugh. Just another example of creating some BS just because it's easy for the author. It's such a shame.
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: BattleMaster Cockpit opening
« Last post by Fat Guy on Today at 14:14:51 »
Everyone's forgotten about this it seems:

North America reporting in, I damn near giggled and chanted "Almost here" constantly while reading the email.
One of my regular group in Ireland got his address confirmation mail too
Hmm well I'll be damned, I guess I'll have to pop in to have a look at least. The soviet graphics are going to be hard to digest, though.  ;D
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: wolf dragoons what now
« Last post by Decoy on Today at 13:46:42 »
*slides Luciora a copy of CritterTek*

That needs a 30th anniversary edition. Especially with the Crans slated to take over the Triple As and enforce the DH rule over everyone.
Just got an email to confirm shipping address for wave 2.

Same.

It all suddenly seems like a real thing that's happening, which means I'm rapidly running out of time to find somewhere in the house to hide all of this stuff when it arrives so that ActionWife doesn't murder me.
Ditto for the Canadian west coast.
Yup, just came up.  Calgary reporting in.
I can understand why the Bears would stay out of it. Your points are valid.  I just hate the "totem trope" if that makes sense? It's just lazy. The Clan is much more than that.

It was lazy. I know I've said that before, but it was sufficiently aggravating that it deserves repeating.

Was this fight always going to be Wolf vs Falcon? Yes, of course it was.
Was Clan Wolf always going to come out on top? Also yes.

But the fact that, even after going as native as they have, the Bears would just sit by and do literally nothing at all - no scouting, no expeditionary force, no observers, no anything - was just lame. The whole point of the Clans - certainly the whole point of the Invasion, anyway - was to conquer Terra. Having the Bears voluntarily sit the battle out deviates from their entire existence.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register