Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Gaming Terrain / Re: Space Burgers!
« Last post by Wolf72 on Today at 10:26:31 »
I don't come down here often enough,

"Can I get a 1st-Lord sized meal?"
Fan Fiction / Re: What Could Go Wrong
« Last post by Taron Storm on Today at 10:22:10 »
Think of it as the opportunity to cross train people to help with engineering and archaeology.
But by that point, you're arguing for front-liners to take what is generally considered Solahma gear. As I recall, the Clans consider many alt munitions dezgra, and consider most others a superfluous waste of resources. Many of the more situational munitions really died out on the resource-thin Kerensky Cluster in favor of producing more stock Clan LRMs, Streak SRMs, etc.

You need to turn that thought around.  It's not that Clanners would be using Special Munitions, but Spheroids using Clan equipment WOULD be installing that ammo in their bays, if they could get their hands on both together.

However, the Protomech AC says your theory on this is overblown.  It depends on how inter-dependent the ammunition is.  Clanners are less likely to use Semi-Guided due to its interdependence on a TAG they probably do not have equipped, however, Swarm LRMs?  Acid SRMs?  Those are likely ones to be used.
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Kooken's Pleasure Pit garrison 3066
« Last post by Colt Ward on Today at 10:00:33 »
From what I understood he was talking about the first production runs of Clan Omnis off the Inner Sphere production lines on Sudeten.  Yeah, I could see Clan warriors being dubious about the quality control of what is made.

But IIRC, they were making Spirits, Pinions, and other garrison mechs at the time.
BattleMechs / Re: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 09:48:04 »
Right... I thought you were looking for the rules that exist.
Fan Fiction / Re: What Could Go Wrong
« Last post by 2ndAcr on Today at 09:44:33 »
 No message other than a quick test has be sent. Allard is still in the dark
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Kooken's Pleasure Pit garrison 3066
« Last post by Natasha Kerensky on Today at 09:38:10 »
Or maybe a "test / dumping ground" for IS made Omni Mechs. For example Clan warriors at first disliked a Sudenten-made Omni Mech (made by Olivetti) so maybe those units get shuffled to second line units as well to save the "pure" Clan-made Omnis for the frontline units.

The 75th Striker is 100% Clantech and 0% Star League tech.  Maybe there’s some Spheroid omnis, but they’d have outfitted with Clantech weapons to match the figures in FM: U (assuming you care to match).
TSM doesn't affect your modifiers for physical attacks.  Industrial TSM does, but that's found only on a few Industrialmechs so not a big consideration.
BattleMechs / Re: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)
« Last post by HABeas2 on Today at 09:34:49 »
Props are in the Support Vehicle rules (in Tech Manual), if I remember right...

As a chassis modification, sure, but not a quirk.

- Herb

Some equipment for melee attacks boosts damage at the expense of accuracy.  TSM doubles damage but at a +1 due to the heat level needed to activate it.  Claws double punch attack but at a +1.  Etc.  The concentrated damage of these attacks can be really powerful (cripple a leg, decapitate, hole a side torso), but they can require above average pilots to pull off reliably.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register