Register Register

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Trueborn VS Freeborn
« Last post by Colt Ward on Today at 23:19:16 »
Uh, that is not why trueborns were created . . . the Trial system was supposed to prevent the horrors of war from touching the lower caste- you know cities being fought through, civvies getting hit by stray weapons fire, homes & businesses being turned to rubble, etc.

But the only hint you get about why the trueborn program was pushed was to break down old familial bonds, just as they were breaking down the old 'tribe' of the Houses for the new of Clans.
So this is what I'm working on for the next update of this record sheet book.

Alpha strike statistics.

Attached is a very work in progress sheet, representing about a day and a half of work, containing most of the alpha strike statistics for every battlemech in the book.

(including the handful of new additions coming in the next update).

Eventually I intend to generate similar stats for every unit in the book (complete with point values and roles).

But I'm doing this by hand, so it's not a quick process.
It's been a while since I've heard the "PeaceTech" slang.  ;D

Challenges and Gatherings / Re: Virginia, Northern Neck region
« Last post by CJKeys on Today at 23:12:49 »
Ironically enough I helped establish one of the groups in Fredericksburg and still run the local BattleTech Facebook group.

A Dahlgren group would be awesome
Suicide Messiah - Black Label Society
Off Topic / Re: NHL 2020-2021? Old Man Ovechkin edition
« Last post by JadeHellbringer on Today at 23:09:17 »
Update: In over 40 years as an NHL hockey fan, that's one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of watching.
Thanks Terrace. I have been thinking of how and when it would make sense to upgrade the whole IFV/LSV with IS tech. By Civil War era the Inner Sphere tech and industry has reached a point where significant changes to chassis and kits are probably even more likely than sticking to the original design. For post SW era I'd generally want to make the IFV/LSV a relatively cheap and low tier militia/garrison option rather than update them with all the best toys.

Basically the first new piece of technology that warrants change is ER Medium Laser which is first manufactured in FWL from 3058. The next big thing is indeed the MML which, together with the ER ML, would make it most sensible to combine Standard and Support into one vehicle but MML production only starts in 3068. I guess it would make sense to have a set of "60"-models that replace the standard Medium Lasers with ER and then add the MML version around 3070.

For the "Multirole" I'm thinking ER Medium Laser, MML3 (+1 ton ammo), and 2x LMG (+0.5 ton ammo) with ERML, MML and one LMG in the turret and one LMG in the front would be pretty interesting option. In my mind the front hull small weapon mount is essentially an assembly level Plug-and-Slay option rather than a significant structural change.

Plugged that in, and realized that it only works if you use the original version with 3 tons of armor as the base. Like I said, trying to modify it for the EP package (or the R version) is complicated for the reasons I stated before. If you remove the LMGs and the associated ammo, you'll still have a half-ton left over, which would force you to decide where to apply if you plough that extra half-ton into armor, and I'm not sure what else it could be used for...

Wait a minute, just use up that half-ton with a Small Laser (ER or regular version). Would that work?
Clan Chatterweb / Unsolved mysteries of Clan heraldry
« Last post by Middcore on Today at 23:08:23 »
They've remain unsolved at least as far as I've ever heard, anyway. And I think it's time we got to the bottom of them. No, I don't mean whether there was an animal called the blood spirit, and I don't mean how many legs a ghost bear has.

I mean: what the heck are the shapes in the background of the Jade Falcon and Smoke Jaguar emblems?

This looks like the top of an old floppy disc.

This one I have no idea, but presumably it's supposed to be something because it's repeated in the background of the Fidelis logo (great cover, guys).
Aerospace / Re: Sunflower JumpShip (w. concept pics)
« Last post by PuppyLikesLaserPointers on Today at 23:04:57 »
Where is K-F drive? The initial picture have one but the second pic lacks it.
The Inner Sphere / Re: The Old Guard?
« Last post by FaithBomb on Today at 22:59:39 »
I think any questions as to the provenance of this unit are immediately answered when one looks at the author and his love of things like "checking facts". In other words, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register