Register Register

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fan Designs and Rules / Re: Tech Retcon List?
« Last post by DevianID on Today at 09:26:37 »
Without rehashing the FAE thing Lagrange, if the single target damage is equal to the clan large pulse w.r.t. (the most op clan weapon?) AND the FAE does splash damage, isnt the FAE even better than the most op clan weapon?  Now look at the BV for 3 Clan large pulses versus 1 LTC with FAE.  See why I take umbrage with FAE?

I really like the idea of the primitive single missiles and ams.  For me, I have been toying with TechB iOS LRM 5 and iOS srm2s using aerotech damage and point defense bays.  Thus 3 damage per primitive iOS launcher, and half your point defense weapons (mguns mostly) damage value as AMS.
The Inner Sphere / Wolf's Dragoons?
« Last post by mdauben on Today at 09:22:33 »
I just got my box of the new plastic Wolf's Dragoons Assault Star and it made me wonder.

Did WD always use the "star" organization, or was that something they reverted to some time after the Clan Invasion started?  If the later, when did they switch from lances to stars?  I checked on SARNA.NET and there was nothing I could find about their small unit organization. 

Thanks!
Just curious, has anyone received their black Friday order yet? I have not even seen a shipping notice for mine to this point.
Yeah CVB there is a lot of magic underpinning the science in btech, but I do enjoy that it's consistent magic with logic that follows.  The Brandon sanderson kind of magic.
Clan Steel Viper Alpha Keshik, possibly Triasch Keshik.
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: How much power doesan Engine make?
« Last post by CVB on Today at 08:25:12 »
@DevianID
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a unified theory of BTU physics (and economics, BTW :) ). It's just my experience after 33 years that whenever I think it could be in reach, another little contradiction rears its ugly head  :)
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Legend-Killer's abilities?
« Last post by klarg1 on Today at 08:10:20 »
Does anyone else remember the old Solaris VII boxed set rules?
Could the delay system explain the superiority of a Rifleman's weapon loadout against other 'Mechs? I remember
that it made machine guns insanely powerful because they had a delay of 0, and so could be fired every turn. If a Rifleman could fire the ACs more often than an Atlas' AC/20, that could explain a lot.

Not really. They would have significantly magnified both the heat issues of the large lasers and the minimum range penalties of the autocannons. I think AC5 might have had a good ROF, but not nearly as good as the machine gun.

You could cook up custom rules which shave off some heat or shorten the minimums. That would go a long way towards giving an advantage.
« Last post by CVB on Today at 08:04:52 »
For my own Against the Bot campaigns, I've retconned much of the weapons and equipment mentioned here to be available in my campaign.  The only thing I haven't done is create a "TRO Retcon" including this stuff in existing 'mechs and vehicles  :D  Maybe I'll head to the design boards at some point and post some stuff.
Would love to see it!
« Last post by BATTLEMASTER on Today at 07:35:22 »
For my own Against the Bot campaigns, I've retconned much of the weapons and equipment mentioned here to be available in my campaign.  The only thing I haven't done is create a "TRO Retcon" including this stuff in existing 'mechs and vehicles  :D  Maybe I'll head to the design boards at some point and post some stuff.
I find it somewhat amusing that a missile system which was developed before the space age is actually reintroduced in the Jihad / Dark Age of the BT universe. IThen again it was probably replaced by more efficient tech as time went on (as you said the system itself is bulky and heavy). Still waiting for someone to build a submarine with cruise missile launchers (which would perhaps make sense for water rich worlds)

I just made a 200 ton mini submarine in the Combat Vehicles section armed with a CL/50 and 2 rounds. Its kind of a WOB Vengeance weapon as its not quite powerful enough to blow up most things but it can cause some terror
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register