Register Register

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fan Fiction / Re: The Bed We Made (Arluna)
« Last post by Rodon on Today at 18:27:23 »
His ancestors would roll in their graves at how utterly inept he is at what should be in his blood and it cost him and his realm so much.

Yeah, at this point, Melissa should be kicking Victor away from the throne and looking at her other children.
Hi, um, sorry,...

Anyone else?

Or is that design closer to the Old Reliable title, as mentioned above?
Mayhaps, but I like it, I’m probably going to take the ECM, remove the spotlight and RSD  don’t know if we’ll be playing with environmental and hidden unit special rules, and throw a Targeting Computer on for that sweet sweet TN reduction. Can’t part snipe with the LPLs or SRM, but lower numbers are always great.
Honestly, I want the TRO, Damocles Sanction, and Dominions Divided first.  I can wait more patiently for the rest.

Agreed, especially since with this long-time fan most everything else is an optional extra due to recent [rule 4] reasons.

Though the impression one gets from the last update in April is that they are priority targets at least. Just hoping that more shipping troubles don’t push back the release date for Dominions Divided like with Tamar Rising.
Yep, had to work something out with a GenCon attendee to get mine.  I'd have them painted sooner. But didn't have any appropriate lancemates at the time, so they've been waiting for friends to join them.  As it appears, the new Battlemaster release might let me make the 1D, with the least amount of fuss.
« Last post by Blade4 on Today at 18:16:00 »
honestly, they shouldn't be doing a naval trial for this anyway,
They should not be trialing at all at this point. Its a waste of time and resources and they could just lease a enclave for now. Kowloon might yet be destroyed or need to be quarantined rendering the whole point moot but it would not be the clans if they did not. Still this will cost them a lot no one needs to lose.

Victor still doesn't get politics...
His ancestors would roll in their graves at how utterly inept he is at what should be in his blood and it cost him and his realm so much. Regardless how this ends he has lost Kowloon functionally. Elizabeth will not forget or really forgive he was going to make her worlds fate based on a game decided elsewhere without her people having a say. Have to see how ugly this gets but it will probably end with the Falcons getting mauled and only basing enclave out of Hue as usual and the vipers just humiliated. Once things are settled Kowloon might have more common cause and trade with the Falcons than they still do with the rest of the FedCom. If there is a FedCom. The Lyran half might well lose a third of itself and Katherine could start shit blaming Victor for it.
Fan Fiction / Re: What Could Go Wrong
« Last post by 2ndAcr on Today at 18:14:58 »
28 December 3039
Breed (Federated Commonwealth)

Captain David Mitchell took a deep breath before proceeding towards the NAIS team now inside the hanger. He paused until he identified the person in charge. His pace slowed as he felt the small bag containing the data drives for what must have been the millionth time. Once near the man directing the rest of the NAIS team, he waited to be noticed. It took almost ten minutes, so engrossed in his task was the man.

"Can I help you with something Captain?" The small man said

"Captain David Mitchell sir. I located some data drives containing old SLDF deployment locations, after action reviews from 2765 and 2766. I think there might be more information on them, important information but we have not been able to really dive too deep in it." Captain Mitchell explained while handing over some hard copies they had printed

The man took the bundle of paper and rapidly flipped thru the pages before handing it back "While this is interesting stuff, I see nothing in here that would be of interest to the NAIS, except maybe to Professor Julie Grant, her specialty is military history."

"Sir, there is one account of a Germanium deposit rich enough for the SLDF to garrison. A former Outworlds Alliance system no longer on maps but close to our border with them." Captain Mitchell tossed out the big bone for a bite

"All well and good Captain, but if it is close to our borders, it probably means it is inside space claimed by the Outworlds Alliance. I doubt the Federated Suns will go to war over this system. Add in that it would take a detailed search to locate this system and I do not see the Federated Suns violating Outworlds claimed space to find it." The small man replied before turning back to his task

"So, you're saying the NAIS does not want this information or the drives mister?" Captain Mitchell asked

Clearly irritated, the small NAIS leader turned to face him fully "Captain, outside of Professor Grant, the NAIS has no interest in this information or drives. You can send them to her, keep them as an heirloom, maybe sell them to a private collector. Now if you will excuse me, I have much more pressing tasks to accomplish. And the name is Professor Hiram Igram, New Avalon Institute of Science." The conversation over, the NAIS leader moved closer to the Battlemaster BLR-2C pointing and shouting at his team.

Well, no one can say I did not try, Captain Mitchell thought as he also clicked off the small recorder in his pocket as he walked away. This had been a risky plan, but also one he wanted some cover for later down the road. At least he was not arrested for prying into the data drives. But now, he could proceed with a clear conscious. Now I just have to figure out how to make this work, he thought.

30 December 3039

"Your resigning your commission? Why?" Major Edwin Davion asked

"Got passed over for promotion. It could be 3-4 years before I come back around. I have done 12 years, been in 2 wars. That is enough for a lifetime. It is time for a change." Captain David Mitchell informed his Battalion Commander. A Davion he might be, but he was on a very distant branch, quite a way removed from First Prince Hanse Davions line. But he was still a Davion and the name alone could cause trouble.

"I see. Your an excellent company commander, an excellent combat commander. You have seen your fitness report I assume. I gave you the highest marks I could in those fields." Major Davion said

"Yes sir, you did. But then you also marked me low on administration skills, lack of staff time in headquarters and made the observation that I was combative with higher ranks." Captain Mitchell replied

"All very true. You have done everything possible to stay out of a staff position, which is greatly needed for promotion. You have also been quite, let us say hostile, to many of my idea's, plans or the way I lead this Battalion." Major Davion said

He took a deep breath before answering, have to control my temper. "Sir, beg your pardon but I kept this Battalion alive during the last big fight. I do not agree with many of the ways you lead this Battalion. Trying to fight a stand-up fight against Battlemechs is asking for this Battalion to get slaughtered. Instead of letting the Battalion spend more time training, you have us doing endless inspections and drills. Last time I looked, this was the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns, no Federated Commonwealth, not some Lyran social club."

"The amount of field time you and the other company commanders request costs money, lots of money. One 2 week field exercise is enough per year. We do our twice a year range qualification. If you spent more time in the staff here at headquarters, you would understand that. So, Captain Mitchell, I will expedite your paperwork for you. Dismissed." Major Hiram Davion said, ending the conversation
Off Topic / Re: Renegade Legion: Reawakened
« Last post by Failure16 on Today at 18:14:45 »
Here is the best source of info on FASA Games Interceptor II:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fasagames/interceptor-ii

Concluded, so it should be linkable...

Not too sure about it, but if I had known when it was going on, I might have pledged for it. Not really digging the fighters' aesthetic all that much, but it was hard to top some of the RenLeg designs. I think I'll stick with Squadron Commander by Brigade Models (https://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Gaming/SCR/index.html). It gets the job done, and it's a great company to deal/do business with.

I have played three BSG Centurion games solo. I have only played X-Wing once, but I got that kind of vibe. It is not a bad system, per se, but it certainly does not scratch the RL itch, so I just went back to my own system and some Dirtside II. I found it to be more of a game, and not something I could try to apply real-world tactics to like Centurion 2nd Edition. Too much trying to play the system and hope for the right damage card, etc.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I'm not an expert, but I have tooled around with the system a tad.

Gaming Terrain / Re: 10mm-scale buildings?
« Last post by Joel47 on Today at 18:14:31 »
True, and things being on bases throws it off as well because everything looks taller. (Want a reason to base your tanks? That's another -- so your infantry doesn't look so tall in comparison.)
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 18:10:30 »
I still think she has enough nukes to make it stick.
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Left over mechs.
« Last post by carlisimo on Today at 18:08:22 »
I play mainly FRR , DC, and CGB. I have several minis I don't know what to do with.

Paint them up as your enemies so you can make them go pew pew at each other when you're supposed to be working.  Or paint up some a star Nova Cats and two and a half lances of Inner Sphere mercenaries.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register