Register Register

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: For Those That Rock: The Totally Rockin' 20's
« Last post by Mecha82 on Today at 10:15:00 »
Ad Infinitum - Upside Down
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: Minis: Duplicates in your formations....
« Last post by Sartris on Today at 10:05:24 »
How many of you folks have duplicates in your formations?

for mechs never - i do count distinct variant models as discrete though (eg a CPLT-C1 and a CPLT-K2 can hang out together). if i built formations larger than a company / trinary, i'd have to consider it.

though i didn't paint it, i built an opfor Wolf provisional cluster for a 3145 campaign that had no repeats excepting vehicles that i put in matched pairs
Combat Vehicles / Re: Behemoth Infantry Carrier
« Last post by Tyler Jorgensson on Today at 10:04:06 »
Move forward… deploy a platoon… move forward deploy a platoon… move forward….

Just keep dropping platoons in a horizontal line across the field for a defensive mission.

Very entertaining.
Not really relevant to the matter, it is not the appeal that I am questioning, it is this seeming demands/calls for change.

Actually that makes it even a better example, nothing had to be changed, instead something new came to fill up that niche. If somebody wanted some yuri with their Gundam then I would recommend them to watch Lyrical Nanoha. But if it just a need for female mecha pilot then there are a lot of options.
Considering the kits for the new Gundam appear to be selling out in record numbers, I'm going to argue they made the right decision here.

I am not sure why 'Gundam' and 'Yuri' need to be mutually exclusive beyond 'but they've never done it before'.
Off Topic / Re: First CG Mario Bros movie trailer
« Last post by rebs on Today at 10:02:16 »
Pratt isn't...round enough for the role.  Maybe I have Lou Albano too associated with the role to accept any substitutes.

Same here ~ Captain Lou, FTW!!!
« Last post by Sartris on Today at 10:00:35 »
i just watched the trailer for the 93 movie and... wow. what a train wreck. i remember being disappointed when i saw it in the theater but now it's just jarring.
Off Topic / Re: For Those That Rock: The Totally Rockin' 20's
« Last post by rebs on Today at 10:00:33 »
Amoeba ~ The Adolescents
« Last post by pokefan548 on Today at 09:58:42 »
The really sad thing is that Nintendo apparently had total veto control over the movie but never bothered exercising it.
That was the case for the Sonic Movie as well until all the backlash from the god awful Sonic design hit. There's definitely a point where you have to let the experts in a given medium do their job unhindered, but at the same time studio execs don't always make the best decisions when appointing producers and directors, and those in turn don't always make the best decisions with the property in question.
« Last post by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire on Today at 09:55:38 »
Just remember with 2 legendary actors in that movie and its horrible setting the standard for how bad video games movies can be.

That's what happens when you've got directors who have zero clue about what they actually want and rewrite the script daily.  The really sad thing is that Nintendo apparently had total veto control over the movie but never bothered exercising it.
« Last post by Sartris on Today at 09:53:17 »
apparently hoskins didn't even know what mario brothers was when he took the role
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10