Register Register

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I do NO streaming services, if i watch something its either on DVD via redbox/the library, or on tv.
The Inner Sphere / Re: Warships from ilClan
« Last post by Jellico on Today at 06:54:02 »
What are you saying?
   You mean the authors have NOT read every TRO so many times they have it memorized?
BLASPHEMY!
 :D
That is what fact checkers are for. That and providing a soothing, ignorable, muzak to put authors to sleep.
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Improved One Shot launchers
« Last post by DevianID on Today at 06:41:51 »
I can see the crossbow T being a great choice for combat trials.  You often face lighter mechs for the first round or 2, so the er larges give you the reach to not get 'grendle'd.  When you have a chance to finish a foe, you dump all the OS and you dont need to worry about next turn as the trial is probably over.
Fan Fiction / Re: Which FanFic is the Best of the Best
« Last post by Steve on Today at 06:41:42 »
I'll throw in a shoutout for Drakensis' work.  I don't read as much fanfic these days alas, due to time restraints.  Probably hypocritical of me given I'm a fanfic writer myself. :P
« Last post by Stormlion1 on Today at 06:40:30 »
I have you know they just follow the Battletech trope of "When Terra is attacked it falls to the attacker" The only time it does not happen is the Case White attack and the ridiculous attack by Anastasia Kerensky at the beginning of the Dark Age.

And as an additional point to yours: Terra and the entirety of Prefecture X hid behind the walls for nearly 15 years. You want to tell me they can't come up with trying to construct new SDS batteries or Wyrms or even Drone Pocket warships? Heck the Word managed to build it's Maginot defenses within a couple of years and those broke several regiments and Warships

Terra needed to fall to get us to the IlClan timeline. Simple as that. The main fact is just so much of the previous defences was forgotten or not used tends to annoy people. Terra had near fifty Castle Brian's during the Star League era. Only a few left by the Republic era and few of those were in service. SDS network? Just gone. WoB defenses? Even the ones the writers made a point of saying were being saved? No mention of them. Instead we get a new warship or two, a few new Regiments, and some space stations to support Aerospace Fighters. Fifteen years should have done a bit more in the preparation department. Drone tech galore, more Regiments of Mechs, lots more of Armor and Battle Armor. The Moon should have been one big PWS base that could have swarmed a invasion fleet. Old WoB tech in use like the Wyrms and Rattlers and every Casle Brian should have been in service. Etc, etc, etc.

Was the story good though? Yes, it was good. It just came short of being epic though.
There's also an example of a general of Japanese descent who hates the Combine and the Kuritas for being perversions of true Japanese values and culture.
I guess the SLDF Replacement Deployment Command had a lot of work in any SL era...
I'd say that's because Stingers are among the most common mechs in the entire Inner Sphere and Panthers are Kurita's cheap trooper.

That's funny. According to the TRO 3039 there were "only" 5.000 Stingers left in the entire IS thanks to the unrelenting warfare of the Sucession Wars. A common design that gets commonly destroyed perhaps.
« Last post by Metallgewitter on Today at 06:26:32 »
Well no, but if your gonna write a book about defending Terra you should really give a read through of the last time the place was attacked in a big way. Or at least give a reason why so much of the original defenses were no longer operational. Even just adding a line like 'Devlin Stone really regretted scrapping the last Wyrm in 3090. It would have been useful now.' Would have made things a bit easier to deal with.

I have you know they just follow the Battletech trope of "When Terra is attacked it falls to the attacker" The only time it does not happen is the Case White attack and the ridiculous attack by Anastasia Kerensky at the beginning of the Dark Age.

And as an additional point to yours: Terra and the entirety of Prefecture X hid behind the walls for nearly 15 years. You want to tell me they can't come up with trying to construct new SDS batteries or Wyrms or even Drone Pocket warships? Heck the Word managed to build it's Maginot defenses within a couple of years and those broke several regiments and Warships
Off Topic / Re: Naval Pictures VIII: From Japan with love
« Last post by CVB on Today at 06:26:10 »
The hull of the ship channeled the blast up through the lightly built sterncastles and blew that up, and with the blast going up rather than out she stayed afloat but was beyond crippled and abandoned by the armada.
prototype CASE, available 1588, should be added to IO ;D
So I wonder if those deployment restrictions applied to the early member-state provided units and were later loosened or rescinded once the SLDF recruited individuals directly.

Most likely but there are also examples where a certain look or name can cause "trouble" in the specific realm. For example posting a SLDF unit with a Chinese (Terran China not Confederation China) CO in the Capellan March (i think that is a more extreme example) and the inhabitants accuse him or her of espionage for the Confederation. And there are still soldiers who were trained and often served in the Member states but then joined the SLDF so you will always have this to consider (though most likely not to the extent of the formation years)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register